How was the First Day?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by RadarX, Jun 28, 2017.

1. RadarX Community Manager

Fallen Gate is available and there are tons of you guys in playing! We again appreciate everyone's patience yesterday and are glad to see so many of you enjoying the server. How was your first day? What did you enjoy the most and the least?
    Xephane, Prissetta and Fink like this.
  2. Momo Well-Known Member

Thanks you for making it happen! And sorry for the stressful start. I guess it was worst on you :((
    I love it thoroughly. As I loved stormhold when it went live. Most of all I love the tons of people to play with!
    The least: Getting my tradeskill to 9 is a pita. But Im NOT complainig, thats just how its supposed to be be and what Im expecting!! Thank you guys!
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

Seeing so many people in the starter zone.
  4. Ashe Member

Seeing guilds already at lvl 40 is stupid, being able to buy then sell items for krono for guild xp needs to be fixed or turned off
  5. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Yeah, guild leveling was insane. I'm fairly certain that this is not working as intended. I dunno if it's worth penalizing the guilds that used it though.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hey don't level up guilds with kronos sell them to me the only kroon I saw on the broker cost 777,777 plat
    that's insane
    what went wrong ?
    I like it that this time around I had a guild to go to from the beginning
    and this guild decided we will play on both servers , because it's different to raid in level 90 raid zones , and to quest in up to level 50 zones .
    Don't muck up the fun some people have I think Stormhold progressed to fast , but jea we will see how this works out.
  7. Kari Well-Known Member

I had a fun time. I haven't played a warden before and am enjoying the class.

My saddest thing was not getting a silly mount from beta testing, but I am happy again now that I am soon to get a silly mount for being level 10.
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

It's most excellent!

The new drops make this launch way better than any other. Drops used to feel so discombobulated: some classes had to wing it with other classes' stats on their armor because of armor type limitations (mystics/defilers stuck in agility chain at low levels, etc.), and it was really hard to get full sets of drops you could really use. Nothing like the Crushinator dropping wis/int/stam jewelry for your dirge or tank, you know?

Having Queen's Colony and the Outpost there is awesome to give it that nostalgic feel, too, compared to the years before they went back into the game, and the population is crazy! There were 18 Frostfang Seas up earlier tonight, and even today there were 8 Queen's colonies going while most people were still at work.

This rocks, outside of the fact I wish Daybreak had kept kronos off Fallen Gate for at least 6 months or so, so as not to wreck the economy.

Now what we need is a gold sub package deal similar to the one Daybreak did last summer ($5.99 a month for the 12-month sub) to really draw in those still on the fence, and to make sure those on FG stay!
    santargria, Carynn and Prissetta like this.
  9. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

^^^ THIS ^^^
    Siren likes this.
  10. knine Well-Known Member

lol.. once people get the heritage quests done so they can claim their item on live you'll have one of every zone up..no more. won't see a lot of people in zones, it will be quite dead again except for the new people trying out the game and those fascinated with TLE's .. Not knocking TLE's.. just knocking the way they get people to get onto the servers is all
    Feldon likes this.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

Kronos don't get the guild XP, selling store bought familiar crates to city merchants for status do. How does it hurt you though? The only guild perks are access to buying certain mounts, furniture and maybe some titles.
    Rozyn and Siren like this.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

Yes once people level to 50 and complete the 20+ HQs, we may see a decline in the population. However that could be two months from now, then you got 1 month to DoF and people come back. Please, be so helpful and tell us how you would get more people to try the TLE server?
    Xephane and Siren like this.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

Exactly. And I say this as someone who currently isn't even in a guild on FG, lol.

I do wish Kronos had been kept off the server for 6 months or something, though, to keep the economy healthier. Where it's a new server and a huge draw right now, a better way to entice more players to play on it that would generate income for Daybreak as well, would be to offer another gold sub multi-month discount similar to what they did last year, the $5.99 a month for a 12-month-sub thing. Not only would that generate money for Daybreak, but it wouldn't interfere with Fallen Gate's server economy.
  14. knine Well-Known Member

How about there are already TLE servers... Why start yet another one?? Why not put the time into fixing problems on the ones that are already in place?? Why not fix the bugs on live?? You're "making people" play the server lol, because of the golden carrot to get some of the best gear on live by grinding a toon completely up to level 50 on a brand new server and then giving the rewards to a live server lol...being nostalgic is great, and allow those people to be nostalgic, but like you said, how do you get people to play them lol... very few % of the population that remains wants to, but lets be real, they have to. People will say you won't have to, but they have made some of the upgraded heritage quest items even more over the top than PG. Instead of pay to win, its play another server to build on live win lol.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

There is one other TLE server, SH. IT is on Sentinel's Fate, and soon to be CoE. Not the most popular expansions. Maybe because the first time around on TLE, it was not done right. Itemization was terrible, raid mobs were severely undertuned then over tuned. Maybe it has been 2 years and we want to do it again.

You can't fix the current one, why? Because its' biggest problem was, launch and first couple xpacs were not done right and it lost most of its population in the first 3-6 months. Most would say the pinnacle of EQ2 was the KoS - RoK era. Why not go back and do it right on this TLE since the last one didn't?
    Xephane likes this.
  16. Lisiana Member

loving it so far! guild recruiting is crazy so we are soloing it for the time being waiting for the dust to settle a bit to see where we want to land but I love doing the original content at a slower pace
  17. Carynn Well-Known Member

Aside from Tradeskill under level 20 being painful - no writs, tutorial gets you only to level 7, and Halas tradeskill post level 10 quests don't get you far, either - it's pretty enjoyable. I haven't hit the quest wall from beta yet, but time will tell. At least there are people around to group with should grinding become mandatory.
  18. Lagerale Member

I had a blast, loved the fact I didn't ding every other kill or quest. I love that when you get gear and money it feels like you did something. It's great seeing people complain about slow exp and how they can't solo 27 mobs 13 levels above them at once. It's great that people have to group and actually need to at least to an extent play the roles they picked at character select. I know most don't like the holy trinity and that's cool, but I like it. I loved every second of it and everything about it.
    Xephane likes this.
  19. windozer Member

I had a blast to be honest. The crafting xp being so low took me for a loop but it is just something to get used to.

I was utterly surprised to see all the botting going on. The group I run with saw at least 6 different bot teams in DLW and the Freeport zones. But hey whatever nothing I can do about it. Just surprised

THIS server is why I came back to the game though. Im having a total blast on it.

Thank you guys/gals for making it happen
    Lagerale likes this.
  20. firecracker Member

I got lucky and was one of the first people in Queen's Colony. Found a guildy standing right next to me and we got to work. We were ahead of the curve for the first 15 levels or so and disco'd pretty much everything we picked up and had no competition on mobs.

First day was great. No lag, disconnects, or other issues. Kind of disappointed we got a bunch of adornments as quest rewards that we can't use but other than that, all good.
    Lagerale likes this.