Fallen Gate date

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by samirish, May 3, 2017.

1. samirish New Member

Can we pls get a release date for the new server Fallen Gate? I want to take a few days off work around the time the server comes out.
  2. Ashe Member

I would love to know when too
  3. harvash Active Member

Pretty sure they said June-ish.
  4. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

I think they might want to let the GU stew a little before they let us know when that's coming. Especially with how sensitive some of the Forumies tend to get.
  5. harvash Active Member

I would say the GU's have little to do with new TLE, as that GU will not be pushed to the TLE startup. I could be wrong, and I would agree that a month seems like too little time to get ready, especially given that they seemed to have a number things still "up in the air" with FG.

I will just be patient and wait for the news. For the first time in a decade, I am actually thinking about calling in sick or taking a personal day for this - I am shocked even at myself. :)
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Arandar Well-Known Member

If they really want to improve the experience people have with Fallen Gate over the early days of Stormhold, they have a LOT of work that needs to be done to bring the game up to current standards. For example, most T5 raid bosses and some T6 (contested and instanced) still drop treasured gear, adept spells and crafting materials. There are also some T6 heroic instances where bosses drop no loot at all. All I can say is be patient, and give them the time they need to try and get it right.

On Stormhold, if you were interested in raiding, you actually got most of your "raid gear" from farming SolEye, Permafrost and Icy Dig, not from raids (which aside from completing Fire & Ice / Deception) were largely a waste of time. If they don't address things like this, then they're just wasting everyone's time who actually wants to play there and not just do HQs for phat lewtz on their home server.

Edit: Those few guilds that have stuck it out on Stormhold since the beginning have essentially been playing the long game. We managed to hold on, and things did start improving in late KoS and when EoF came out. But the decisions Daybreak made early on with Stormhold decimated its population. Hopefully they've learned from those mistakes and won't repeat them with Fallen Gate.
    Mizgamer62 and Rozyn like this.
  7. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Exactly why it won't happen lol.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  8. Rozyn Well-Known Member

As much as I am anticipating the FG server, and stalking EQ2 info outlets for news on it lol, I would rather they not release until later in the year if it meant some early-game improvements. I'm very happy to hear they did some work on KoS and EoF though. DoF was just so depressing on Stormhold it really bummed me out.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I want to know this too. Fallen Gate seems to be my only savior until Pantheon is released.

RELEASE DATE PLEASE :eek:
    The Tibbz likes this.
  10. Kaegrim New Member

I am truly looking forward to Fallen Gate. I love a fresh start. I love that the economy is not broken and all tradeskills realy mather. I lovet that you can not hire merc's so that you can play with others and so that your character has a purpose other then watching the merc kill everything. I love that you can play slow and start fresh and see people running around in the city's. I simply love everquest 2 at a server release. Keep doing TLE's and i will be comming back over and over.
    firecracker and harvash like this.
  11. The Tibbz New Member

This right here Dirge! Im just messing around on Stormhold until FallenGate... all for the Pantheon Patience hehe
    harvash likes this.
  12. Satarie Member

You mentioned your waiting for Pantheon to come out. Any news of when that might be? I've looked at it a few times, but haven't seen any new on when it will be out.
  13. The Tibbz New Member

its still a "when its ready" kind of thing
  14. Scott4323 Active Member

Bump

Anyone hear anything official for the date yet? Very excited about this.
    Siren likes this.
  15. Kahonen Active Member

You mean, of course, apart from the fact that DBG appear to be operating a reduced maintenance and support crew and any staff that would implement a new TLE server are very likely to be the same staff currently employed fixing the problems in the GU that you so easily dismiss :(
    Siren likes this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

I'll just throw my 2 coppers into the pot here, because although I understand our dev team is standing on their heads way too many hours a week to work on this game as it is, I too am excited for Fallen Gate. I may even take launch day and the day after off for it....
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

Soon™
  18. StoneLegion Active Member

[IMG]

Soon :)
    Draknox likes this.
  19. Zenji Well-Known Member

20. Collagen123 New Member

Hopefully soon is this coming week. I want to know if I should bother to pre-order stormblood or not
    Rozyn likes this.