Do I Really Wish to Continue?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Conifur, May 19, 2017.

1. Conifur Well-Known Member

I did not buy the expansion on 2 of my 3 accounts and stopped being a member on them as well. I had the year membership on my main account that I recently cancelled and currently am not planning on re-upping when it runs out in Oct. I will not buy the the next expansion either. I tell myself that if they change then maybe I will still stick around (been around since just after launch) but I know I am kidding myself, they won't change. The fact they released such a messed up PG update pretty much proves that.
    Livejazz, Beee, VGScastaway and 11 others like this.
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

I m in the very same mood, i really loved the game, even ToV was fun despite stat inflation and the clicky madness. I sort of hope that they will understand that they are racing toward a cliff.

The TLE is fun despite lot if flaws, flaws that i can endure because lot of nice people are there, but i m afraid that the new TLE will kill Stormhold ..
    Livejazz, Feldon, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  3. ugloopni Active Member

I've been waiting for things to "turn around" for a few years, now it's more about waiting for the next stumble. I think the reality is that I'm just not the audience they're targeting anymore and I just have to make my peace with that. Ymmv.
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

When you play any game for years. The smallest things will begin to annoy you. When that happens...take a break. Go play something else for awhile...a few years even. Makes returning all that much sweeter once you realize how crappy every other game is, comparatively.
    Beee, Sheratami, ConcealFate and 13 others like this.
  5. Majestic Member

YES Continue.

Honestly those of us staying around this game even with all the headaches is because this is THE GAME far as lots of us including you are concerned.

I learned long ago that the issues this game comes with are part of the challenge of playing this game. If you have played EQII you can play any other game eyes closed.

But to be frank I have looked into many games and none gives the satisfaction that this game gives you.. this game has it all.. Love, hate, frustration, good times, horrible times, respectful players, and idiots who drive you up the wall... Not to mention useless gears for most part and unbalanced characters which really says how good we are making something out of nothing (LOL keep this last comment between us hahahahaha)

And far as the developers and where all this is going...??? I gave up expectations and thinking about it.. I just log and find my interesting thing for the day and try to find the fun in what I do.. other than that am not bothering with who is number one, who is number 2, who got better gear and who does not...

I think we are what they give us no matter how great the gears could become or not... and I honestly think of each player as a good player regardless of gears they got.. granted some have more experience and some less.. but I find it very rewarding when am grouped with people who make mistakes that cost the end result... is called having fun and am sure I make my own mistakes plenty...

If only players could learn to go back to basics meaning have more fun and put greed a bit aside.. be more helpful and respectful toward each other.. all other problems in this game will become tolerable and even fun at times for the challenges they put upon us...

I think those who play this game are elites of all games.. just for the challenges, bugs and unbalanced classes, and crazy greedy players and whatever else negative that is thrown our way...

I still have faith in this game and am not going to give up on it until I have to or game is gone for whatever predictable or unpredictable reason (s) ...

Don't let me suffer alone.. stay with us hahahahahahaha :)
    Xephane, Beee, Sheratami and 10 others like this.
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Thank you,Majestic.
    Nice summation.
    Nice Encouragement.
    /e starts digging in sofa cushions for additional platinum coins needed in a couple of months,...
    Jrox, Spindle, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  7. firecracker Member

If you are unhappy, take a break. Burnout happens. I too have had several accounts for >10 years. I have spent thousands on this game since it launched, in subscriptions and in the cash shop. Sometimes I sub, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I play hardcore and get super into raiding and min-maxing, and sometimes I just feel like exploring and picking up shinies.

There's never going to be a perfect MMO that will make every player happy all the time. Everybody has their issues and there is absolutely no feasible way for the developers to make everyone happy. So you can either accept this and enjoy the game for what it is, while offering constructive criticism where it's due, or you can move on.

It's easy to get caught up in the drama, and I've had my own forum pitchfork waving in the past, but I've learned to realize when I'm no longer having fun and when it's time to take a break and find a new experience for awhile. It really helps!
    Sheratami, Spindle, Finora and 6 others like this.
  8. Fiadhe Member

I totally agree with Firecracker :)
    After running around like a lunatic on quests, now I am simply exploring low levels places, looking into nooks and crannies, admiring the views, finding all sorts of little quests the I missed, pausing to smell the roses.
    When I don't feel like exploring, I experiment in making my homes look nice.
    The best thing about EQ 2 is the variety of things you can do and I am very fortunate to be in a guild that does not pressure me or put expectations on me or insist that I get the latest gear.Xpac, etc etc. So I am happy :))
  9. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

my "break" is one easily experienced in-game.
    I decorate.
    many of my projects can be found in the HoF, and working with the other members of DVC is most rewarding on the projects we have and are currently working on :D
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would miss your posts. I understand your feelings, I too am experiencing the same frustration. I hope you stay but if you decide to go, please enjoy whatever life has ahead for you.

Cyrrena
  11. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I'm still having fun with my guildies so I'm sticking around. I have fun running with them, whether its heroics or whatever. Its not the game that is so much fun, but working with them. I enjoy RPing, but the RPing community is much weaker than it was and most of my friends on my friends list are gone. I have enough fun that I'm not looking for another game... not yet.
  12. Pharone Active Member

I've burned out on many MMOs in the past myself; this one included... many times lol.

I find that the best thing to do when you burn out is go do something else for a while. Sometimes it's a couple weeks, and other times its a couple years.

The thing is, there has only ever been three MMOs that I have come back to after a break in the past: Everquest, World of Warcraft, and Everquest 2.

The other MMOs pretty much just died off for me for good. These three are the ones that I alternate between about once every two years. For the past about five years, I have been on an Everquest run. I ended up taking an extended break from Everquest towards the end of last year, and I picked up Everquest 2 again about three weeks ago.

This is just how I am. It keeps the games fresh for me, and every time I come back to one of my three chosen MMOs, there is a lot of new content for me to play through.

I think the hardest thing for gamers to keep in mind is that these are just games. They can not and will not fulfill your needs and desires like you would want. They will fall short at times, and at other times they will feel like they are in direct opposition of where you want the game to go and what you want out of the game. It's at these times that it's best to take a step back, take some time doing something else, and then come back to revisit the changes again at a later time when you have less direct investment in it. You might just find that the direction of the game isn't exactly all that bad, and instead it was just that you were opposed to change.

Either way, I hope you find what brings enjoyment in to your life.
    Spindle likes this.
  13. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I had 6 accounts, now 1, I don't plan on renewing or buying next expac.

Good news is with what they did I could spend years just doing grey content for the epic weapons for each class and putter around.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Nukyular Member

To continue or not continue is always the question. I don't like the current xpac, I don't like it at all. It's become increasingly obvious to me that DBG is only interested in getting my money by manipulating the type of gameplay I'm engaged in - making things that I need in order to be competitive expensive. Fortunately for me, money is not a real issue, but I empathize with the new player who might be spending actual food money in order to be competitive at EQ2.

My situation is that I have been playing since shortly after launch, and I am "invested." Time-wise. That has sadly become my only consideration when determining whether to continue. My main is a wizzy, a class which is no longer relevant, and the current paradigm of non-stop ascension and tithe grinding has created a situation in which alts are no longer viable for me. Meaning, of course, that I have a job.

So I soldier on. I buy what I need. I grind when I have time. My toon is weak, feeble really, compared to the HC players. But I have a loyalty to my toon. I want him to be ready for the NEXT xpac. I still get a little thrill of excitement when I am occasionally required to zone in to Antonica and I hear the original heroic theme song that got me stoked for EQ2 all those years ago.

It's a personal decision at this point. I'm still playing and still giving the holding company my money. My loyalty to my toon may last through this xpac. But frankly, if they do this crap again - create a world in which constant grinding and real-world money are the main ways to advance - I may just piss off for good. I'm sure they won't mind, it has become a game in which, instead of profiting off a massive player base in which everyone pays a little, they are profiting off of a tiny player base in which each player pays a lot.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I will stay until the lights are turned off, but I will not spend anywhere near what I did in the past.

The RP community is trying to make a comeback but still hidden indoors it is not making the charge that it should. I try and go to as many of the events I see advertised, but I was a slacker this weekend due to Moonlight Enchantments. I am making a botanical garden and I need tons of plants and I also am trying to do my Grotto and needed tons of mushrooms, frogs, turtles, etc. I should have just let that slide and stay at the event with the Guide being there and all but I was not exercising patience.

I hope we can make the comeback as a community we all hope for.

Cyrrena
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  16. Meneltel Well-Known Member

agreed. I go do some of the RP venues but some I do not go to for different reasons. Meneltel isn't much for singing and dancing, and only drinks 2 drink maximum in public so doesn't hang out at bars for a long time. Also doesn't go to the good venues (being a pale dark elf SK). So they are limited as to what she would go to, but I do try to show up when I can. Internet isn't the best but I do try to support open roleplay or even in venues. Especially evil ones, even ones that cater to the liquid diet only peoples *grins*
  17. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Step back for a week or so, and examine whether or not what you're feeling is simply burnout or if the game or game direction has changed into something you simply no longer enjoy. After awhile you'll start to miss it and log back in anyway. If' it's just burnout, you'll pick back up and keep going. If it's genuine dislike, you'll log out 20 minutes later and not look back.
  18. Conifur Well-Known Member

I take breaks all the time, the only reason I play is I paid for it. Once it goes FTP I won't log in. I am not burned out by the game, I am burned out by the the way the company has decide to take it - and that saddens me because it really is the best game out there. I will not however participate in the play to win model they have decided to implement.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  19. Conifur Well-Known Member

Like it seems I will be taking a break now because I crashed and every time I try to log back in I crash. I just don't feel they care about the game, just maximizing profits.
    Meneltel likes this.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

there they are having troble wiht their log in servers again nothing new here they are working on it