Sorcerer DPS balance

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kioske, Apr 20, 2017.

1. SacDaddy420 Active Member

Yo soe or whoever owns this pile now: fix sorcs to be competitive and I'll give you my money again.

An alternate option would be to make inqs god tier dps.

Also, komcepts trolls you not because he can, but because he must.
  2. Tooloose Active Member

I don't know what the big deal is. My wizard hits for 140 million while only at 4.2k potency and 1.5k CB. What will it take for you guys to be happy again? I see nothing constructive. Only rioters screaming rabble rabble rabble.

"Hey DBG, my Blazing Strike and Null Absolution isn't hitting for 1.5B. Fix it or me and the rest of the Goon Squad are packing up and shipping out, I can't believe I've been a veteran for 10+ years. Kiss my butt or suck my nuts."

I must admit though, I quit the game when beastlords came out. Always stomping my *** in PvP like the work I put into getting good didn't mean anything. But this is pve and if I want to look good, I can just go farm old raid zones and use the gear as my appearance.

Who cares about not being able to 1 shot nagafen?

Reminds me of a story I once heard about a thug who died. He lived his life by taking whatever he wanted. In hell, he got whatever he wanted without trying. Thus the challenge of life was robbed from him and he grew complacent and bored.

*Cough*

Hell doesn't exist in my eyes so idc. But you get the point.

Gitgud or wait for dbg to fix the damage in one area and dampen it in another. It's called flavor of the month. And MMOs worldwide have been rawdogging their customers by who complains the most on forums and tilting it in their favor.

(Only BLs have been popular for quite some time. I myself refuse to make one or power level them. They're cancer as are the mains who play them.)
  3. Veta Well-Known Member

Supposedly sorcs got a ninja buff on Tuesday's patch. I did notice the same day, as well as Wednesday's raid, that Daray and Yards were parsing a bit higher than normal as well.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

140 million dps? Lol wut?
  5. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

This guy has the right ideas...
    Snikkety and Kioske like this.
  6. Tooloose Active Member

"Hits for" learn to read my sweet child. Besides... Rule 14.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

Rule 14 is not legitimate. Good try tho
  8. Tooloose Active Member

Clearly it succeeded.

Just call me Charlie Sheen.
  9. Yards Well-Known Member

I don't think my dps changed at all really, Daray's did by a lot tho.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  10. Rondo9 Active Member

Prob because of changing spec, I didnt see any increase I think this is the increase that was ment to make it into last weeks patch but didnt.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  11. Mandoblast Active Member

Critical damage increase between 8% and 17%. I guess we will just have to look to see what spells got what increase? I am just trying to figure out the best way to see what got increased and by how much.

I really welcome the changes though.
  12. Yards Well-Known Member

I don't think there is really any way to check to see what the increase is, as critical damage increase will not show on tooltip. I'm guessing it is some kind of multiplier to crit bonus maybe. The only reasoning that I can see for why they did it this way is so the changes are somewhat hidden.
  13. Wizftw Member

I used Smite of Consistency on both a Wiz and Warlock last night and again this morning and found a 4% increase on the Warlock and a -14% on the Wiz. DPS does seem to be down on the Wiz. Maybe they got the + and - mixed up on the wiz.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  14. learpilot74 Active Member

If they don't stop putting massive time syncs in...that even work properly (PGs), there wont be anyone left lol. Problem is, the liquidation firm trickles broken content out to keep people busy. They admitted to my guildee they don't even have a testbed for each class. How are they going to fix anything right if they are testing everything on the fly, on live servers? The liquidation firm has zero interest in fixing eq2, they just want suckers to keep buying DBC and kronos before they shut this down.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Yoube Active Member

Oh look, its another aluminum foil pointy wizard hat conspiracy theorist here to let everyone know what the actual inner workings of DBG are. Go on tinfoil wizard hat wearing man... this Buds for you!!!!
    Revanu likes this.
  16. learpilot74 Active Member

It isn't a conspiracy. I love that defense the occasional fan boy tries to make when they put their heads in the sand. Let me rephrase, since you think they do test this junk that has been implemented live (btw a dev admitted to a guildee they don't have a test bed for each class when they do changes to a class). Explain to me the massive failure that DB has run into time and time again. Log in server failures, game crashes, excessive time to bring servers down to repatch the fix they just did, PGs were implemented in an unplayable state (hence the 2nd map plagued with chronic issues), DB having to eliminate spells they made available because they cannot figure out how to properly implement them in the limited time sync content that is issued, Wards adjusted so 75% of damage bleeds through, etc? So are you saying they do test them and it is incompetence? I know in most professional gigs you would be fired for that track record. The poor time syncs they are implementing are simple stall tactics due to lack of content being developed. The next xpac it is being said when you level, even your normal spells will have to be upgraded like your ascension spells or epic spells are now (not sure which). Either way, that is ridiculous. The numbers in the game don't lie Yoube. PG attendance is WAY DOWN since DB started messing with the already malfunction instances. If you think the subscriber base is happy with what DB has done this xpac, and the numbers are holding steady, then you have blinders on.

Second Toube, you obviously do not know much about the parent company of all this do you? It is in fact, a liquidation firm. Name one liquidation firm that cared about the product that they put money into it to make money. It doesn't work like that. Liquidation firms buy distressed companies to do exactly that...cash in and liquefy the assets for a relatively quick buck. So...I'll take off my "tin foil wizard cap" when you take your dunce cap off :)
    Mizgamer62 likes this.