Spaceship Bliox'r - AB Server (Video Tour)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Server : Antonia Bayle
    Leaderboards : Hall of Fame
    Owner / Decorator : Uthanak

2. kianne Well-Known Member

Jesus ... that was amazing.... im speachless, that NEEDS TO BE A DEV PIC...seriously, the wotsits at the begining were surival pods by the looks of it and cryo stasus pods .... looks like that film with Chris plat and jen laurance in space right now with a cross with some alien movie, and the were rockets lol,, and the passage way OMFG that was soo cool
  3. Febrith Well-Known Member

One word (kinda) "aaaghmagod" - that was amazing!
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ohhhh, yeah, that one...us old farts had seen that back when it was first screenshot and threaded, way back when (before House Actors, yeah)...went to see it in person, and ohhh, yeah, definitely had been laid out for NotD originally...the real story, of what happened to them (and it's just as well, frankly), can be found in the logs... =8-0

Just so amazingly awesome, to this day. ;->

Uwk
    who thinks that "Aurora Borealis" thing/smear/whatever across the sky might've been made by about a gajillion Misty tiles of various colors? :-/
    Geden and Spextasy like this.
  5. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I haven't always had toons on HoF / Skyfire (and whatever servers combined to make those) or even AB, so I'm still discovering lots of hidden gems and treats I've never seen before. I love it. I'm like a kid in a well decorated candy store. ;)
    Geden, kianne and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I re-created some of my Silver toons over on Skyfire; I should make the rounds there more often, since there's some amazing work being done there. :)

I think I managed to see this in person back when I'd had like only 2-4 toons on Everfrost, way back when (I'm up to like 13 now in Halls of Fate!), and was introduced to it from the old screenshots in the older threads. It was intriguing enough I went to visit it in person and was properly shocked...both by the quality and the creepiness. :eek:

Uwk
    who won't divulge any more at this point... "Spoilers!" --River Song ;->
    Geden and Spextasy like this.
  7. Geden Well-Known Member

They are indeed! I've used around 150 total to create what I hoped would look like a spiral 2-arm galaxy from far away distance :) Glad you liked it! I'm still unsatisfied with it, but can do nothing about the limited space to project the distance and a 3D version of what it was intended to be.
  8. Geden Well-Known Member

THANK YOU for touring my place and making such flattering video and comments! It is like a balm on my decorator's heart :).

Original post: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...paceship-blioxr-early-notd-submission.538482/

This "house" was intended as an RP/exploration zone and was implanted with many Easter Eggs for sci fi fans and lore fanatics alike (there's a really good reason why central control room's power source leads to the Void zone). I also, upon encouragement from my programmer husband, made several theme-appropriate pop-up messages that come up as you explore the ship, so I recommend visitors keeping their UI on for the first look around.

I will never stop saying this, but, as original as this idea may seem, it would have been impossible without inspiration from other great decorators, dedicated players and friends! (See Area 51 and Temple of Prexus https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/temple-of-prexus.517591/ to name a few ).
    P.S.: OMG how dare I forget Layout Editor and its' creator Jesdyr!
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Never mind that Everfrost/Halls of Fame referent; I'd forgotten this was on AB. X-P

Uwk
    Gretel likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That was very cool! Though going by the logs (and yeah, I read them all ;->), I always thought that was more of a rift thing opening...? :eek:

Uwk
    Gretel and Geden like this.
  11. Geden Well-Known Member

Uwkete, thank you for reading the logs! It took a lot of effort to make a coherent multi-layered story, so I'm glad you and others got to experience the full scope of my creation.
    At that time I didn't have a proper "negative light" means to display the Rift idea, so it was decided to do a nebula to satisfy my love for astronomy (although the portal to the Void was kind of right looking for the task, but turned out too small). If I were ever to unpublish and tinker with the place, I could use the NoTD maze reward Seeping Shadow... I still think it is rather my imagination than game's items that are limiting factor :)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah...we had a better set of tools in Landmark (/sigh...so many issues with that game, though) that I wish they'd incorporate into this one. :)

Don't blame your imagination! If nothing else, it can be nurtured and trained. ;)

Uwk
    Geden likes this.
  13. Katz Well-Known Member

I remember touring this a while back. The books really add to the experience.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geden like this.