HHE17 Official Video Tour Thread

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Here are the first 2 of many to come! :)

(HHE17) Birthday Celebration by Alynaryne
    Halls of Fate Server
    3 Tranquil Way - South Qeynos
    Medium Homes
    Owner : Justinalyn
    Decorator : Alynaryne
    Videographer : Shanette

(HHE17) Kiifia's Bakery by Wizzam
    Halls of Fate Server
    Concordium Tower Magical Manor - South Qeynos
    Large Homes
    Owner : Kiifia
    Decorator : Wizzam
    Videographer : Shanette

2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Kiifia's office is probably the original second floor biggest room; I remember the sunlight blazing through that window into Uwk's bedroom incessantly (darn it, Kerra are probably nocturnal! At least, he is...); the others, I'm not sure about...I'm guessing the bakery work area is in the new second floor biggest room? Maybe the attic? Or maybe not; I think the sunlight would blaze through the skylight, regardless of re-skins... ;->

Awesome job all around! :D

Uwk
    who wonders: has anyone really successfully re-skinned that blasted basement in the 6-room Qeynos places at all? :-/
    Moena, Wizzam and Merriel like this.
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

You guessed correctly, those are potholders in Justinalyn's kitchen! I saw similar in a house I toured before so I don't take credit for the idea. This was my first house swap ever and it was so much fun. I love Kiifia's bakery, Wizzam did an extraordinary decorating job.
  4. Wizzam Well-Known Member

MVP! /flex
    (Most likely pot holders, vs my thoughts of narcolepsy while baking... HUSH SHAN!)
    Aly did a fantastic job in this home! I love how there are so many little nooks and crannies, and the colors flow so nicely. The breakout area is gorgeous with so many pops of brilliant colors and lush greenery. She's put a lot of time into that project and it looks well worth it!
    And yeah, that washer and dryer are the bees knees. I totally tried to shove them in my pocket and steal them!

No jumping in the cake Shan!
    This house was such a challenge. I've always been a big toon, so decorating for a lil thing like her was tough. Loved every minute of it though! She said she loved it and I couldn't be happier :)
  5. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

I didn't think of that either, very clever. you did a great job for your first. :D
  6. Febrith Well-Known Member

Oh I loved those videos - and hopped on over to see a couple of the others:-

Really wish I'd had the time to sign up for this - you've all done wonderful work:)
    Sapphirius, Moena, Merriel and 3 others like this.
  7. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Oh no, it says the second video is unavailable! :)
    Youtube's been acting up on me lately. Seems like every other video gets set to "private" and I have to go in and manually change the settings for some reason. Really annoying! :mad:
  8. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I absolutely LOVE my new home! I think Vdova is secretly trying to make me fat with all those cupcakes and sweets in the front room and more stocked in the fridge. But they know me so very well with the double toilet paper roll and the booze in almost all the rooms!
    I completely forgot what I wrote in the book 3 months ago, so when I first saw this place, a few parts confused me. I spoke with Vdova and they reminded me what was in the book and I howled with laughter! If you read it, you will understand too and laugh I'm sure.
    That brazier is one of my absolute favotire items in the game. If you right click it, it changes the color of the fire!
    A special thanks to Valzen who helped make the grotto in the basement! She's done a beautiful job making that a special birthday for the octopus! (LOL)
    Feb you had me cracking up ~ "You can't say that!"
    Thanks again Vdova, aka Uwk! You've made me super happy with all of this :)
  9. Febrith Well-Known Member

Oh that was me being a total numpty:) Here's the second:-

I always get invited back - the second time is to apologise:p
  10. Wizzam Well-Known Member

She really did a fabulous job in here! I was very impressed. I'm glad you got her kitchen fan as we all know her well as the ceiling fan lady!
  11. Spextasy Well-Known Member

That reskin is amazing! I'm especially in love with the kitchen and bathroom!
    lol @ "you've had enough to drink already madam!"
    She did a wonderful job in there. It's simply stunning. :)
  12. Katz Well-Known Member

I'm loving all these homes!
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! :D Febrith did both of mine for the videos (the Romance, and Marc's place)! I know Shan/Spex wasn't going to do all of them, but I love Feb's work, so this is cool. ;)

Uwk
    who now should probably watch them... ;->
  14. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

thank you so much for the tour. I was hoping you would look outside the windows too with a view of a small seating area, spring trees and those new flowers in the window boxes. sorry I didn't mention about it sooner but o well, I enjoy your tour videos. ;)
    Febrith, Merriel, Wizzam and 2 others like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, now that we've done the Big Reveal in the video, I get to explain it... ;->

I was really stuck for an idea for this one, 'cause Wizzam was extremely flexible as to whatever the decorator would want to do, and I NEED a theme/story or I'm fair useless. What Feb didn't cover in Wizz's book of the house was on page 2 out of the three pages, where Wizz said, "honestly, if you just do a cave with an octopus eating cake"... ;->

Being a marine biologist (among other things), l know octopodes only live to a max of 5 years...that's if they don't mate. If they do, the males die pretty much right afterwards, and the females starve themselves to take care of the eggs. They last long enough to see them hatch, and then toddle off. :(

But if they don't mate, there's no next generation, so... :-/

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're welcome! :D

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! I kept flapping my hands about, yelling, "But wait! There's another door!" and pointing, as if you could see it...

Definitely following in Niboota's footsteps! :D

But yeah, doesn't Tenchi/Justinalynn do amazing work? :D Marc actually does talk; I just reduced his message range by probably too much. :(

Oh! Tiny couple of things you missed in the Halasian Romance place that a taller toon might catch, that I'm inordinately proud of: there's a couple of vases on the mantelpiece overhead in Her Suite that have the Hanging Roses actually "in" them, rather than hanging, and in His Suite, the recent hanging Lucky Horseshoes are dangling from the very recent Hart Trophy antlers; obviously, Stripey Bro' got bored and decided to play ring toss. ;->

EDIT: Oh! Also, Feb, yes, you can walk through those lovely red tapestries! But only if they're not up against a solid wall or something... :-/

I'd originally wanted to use it for a privacy screen, or even where the white pull drapes at the entrance to Her Suite are now, but it didn't behave well, so I just used it to hide a multitude of bathroom wall sins (mainly the plumbing pipes; it's one thing for them to be proudly displayed/accessible for repairs or tinkering in a Man Cave, I guess, but a lady probably wants hers to be more discreet [hence, hiding one within the triangular cabinet by her sink]). And I love those Tinkered Distillery Columns; I use them all the time for all sorts of plumbing applications. ;->

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And thank you so much for the decorating! :D

That was awesome! Loved the trompe l'oeil "staircase" behind that door, and all the wonderful Tenchi touches: the kitchen and laundry appliances; the multiple rooms in a space where I'd be proud to get a third one in; the sneaky planter window boxes (how did you "break out" of a 2-room?); the pets (I tried returning one to you from the Moving Crate; so far, no luck, but I'll keep at it!), all the perfect little touches everywhere! :D

Thanks again! :)

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Iirc, aren't those the Insulating Cushions you can make once you do that little favor questline for the othmirs at the Landing? I'm seriously considering making those into big ol' raviolis some day; I've had a plate of about 5-7 of those about as big as the smallest those cushions can get at a restaurant (crab and lobster meat ravioli with pesto sauce, rather than tomato sauce and cheese...nnnommm... :D). :)

Uwk
  20. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

you're very welcome. :) I use the portals for the breakout and was very careful putting the items on the edges.. or else you will fall to the center of the earth. :eek: wanted something different since no one else's have done it in a 2 room house. ;) you can keep those pets by the way, I know a few of them is yours and just left them in the crate. :D