Greenmist HQ Problems

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Eliana, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Eliana New Member

A long-time EQ1 and EQ2 player, former guide, beta tester and end-game raider, I've returned to the game at probably the worst possible time, judging by all I am reading and experiencing. Luckily, I had worked through a lot of content needed for KA. Unluckily, I'm stalled on the Greenmist HQ, quite disheartiningly at the beginning. If anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated. I won't be able to continue to play otherwise.

Is there an item that is a quest-starter that I must find and/or examine or study before a conversation with the quest starter in BB mountains is effective? I ask because I can't seem to start "The Word of Fear." I start the conversation with Danak in BB Mountains, but he does not give a quest or coherent instructions, such as "do this next."

I tried to move on to step two in Shard of Fear, but the Essence of Fear is not in the zone. No matter what I do, he does not appear. I can zone it at level 100, he's absent. I can mentor down to level 80 or 85, and he's still not there. I can kill everything in the zone, and he still does not appear.

I'm unable to progress at all. EQ2i and Zam are no help.

What did I miss?
  2. Zeffran New Member

The first quest in the series is "The Name of Fear", have you completed this?

The quest starter for this is in Emperor Atrebe's Laboratory : The Fabled City of Kor-Sha, you need to harvest a statue of Cazic-Thule at -24, 3, -108. After this you can talk with Danak Dhorentath in BB.

Hope this helps.
    Kaitheel, Shmogre and Eliana like this.
  3. Eliana New Member

Thanks so much! Got it! I'm going to go up date EQ2i to make it simpler for simpletons like me. :)
    DoomDrake likes this.