Holiday House Exchange (HHE2017) Official Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks! :D

Uwk
    Spextasy likes this.
  2. Spextasy Well-Known Member

All home assignments have gone out!

Several mailboxes were full so I either sent the mail to the homeowner (instead of the decorator) or emailed them.

I apologize in advance if any assignments were sent to the wrong place, or were misplaced. Goes to show you shouldn't attempt these things at 2 AM. :eek:

Feel free to contact me via PM, email or in-game with any issues or questions regarding the swap. Please DO NOT contact your decorator / homeowner until after the HHE is over!

Good luck to all and happy decorating!
    ~Shanette:D
    Wizzam, Katz, Gretel and 1 other person like this.
  3. Raainy Member

Ah bummer, I was going to enter this event but I've been so busy I missed the deadline. I can't wait to see them when they are done.

Raainy
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  4. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I was just asking Shan if you had entered this! The house you did for me in the last house swap event continues to blow my mind!!! I hope Shan will accept a late entry from you!
  5. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I will still accept late sign-ups until Feb 1st. Anyone who missed their chance to sign up can still do so! :)
  6. Spextasy Well-Known Member

BTW stay tuned for "my next grand scheme" ...I have a little something planned for over the summer if no one else hosts a swap / contest. Likely either before or after Tinkerfest. :D
    Gretel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

** jumps giddily up and down for joy **
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As the Doctor would say, "Human-y wuman-y"...we love making stuff. :)

Uwk
    Gretel likes this.
  9. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Giving this a little bump for those participating. Your halfway post didn't mention the end date from what I could see :)
  10. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Ah yes...April 30th is the official end date! *makes binoculars with hands* look, we can almost see it! :D

Thanks for the bumpity bumps! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Just gonna leave this here, for those who may have missed it in the other thread I posted...:)

Yay! We've reached the halfway point of the Holiday House Exchange swap!

As stated in the original post for the beginning of the swap, If all participants on a server finish their homes early, I will declare the swap officially ended for that server, and you may exchange and publish your homes. I know that 3 months is a long time, and those who finish their designs early will become anxious to exchange homes.

As several people have completed or are nearing completion of their designated homes, if those of you who have wish to contact me privately and let me know your home is completed, I will begin a record of those completed. Please DO NOT contact your homeowner until I have declared the swap ended for your server!

Those of you who have not finished your homes and are still working on them, Should feel in no way rushed or pressured to finish. Take your time and decorate at your own pace!

If you have completed your home and wish to let me know, please DO NOT post the information in this thread. You may contact me with that information one of the two following ways :

Email me at shanettesnow2004@yahoo.com with your Decorator's Name and Server, and let me know you have completed your assigned home.

OR

You may contact Shanette via in-game mail on your server, with your Decorator and let me know you have completed your assigned home.

Please remember that the swap is not officially ended until each decorator on your server has completed their home.

Looking forward to seeing what fabulous homes you have all designed!

~Shanette
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Don't worry, folks; you'll have all the way until April 30th (11:59 pm PST? :D) on my servers! :D

Uwk
  13. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's what she just said... it'll be 3 months tho, so I'm pretty sure that's more than enough time. Counting down the minutes at the end seems quite silly after that long.
    Spextasy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Says the professional decorator who probably doesn't have OCD... :D

Uwk
    Gretel likes this.
  15. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Everyone please be sure to check your in-game mail or your PM's here from me...I've had a couple of requests from decorators for their homeowners to use an expander on their homes, and encountered full mailboxes...so had to contact homeowners in other ways. :)
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Gretel Well-Known Member

*runs around in a panic*

I'm with Uwk on this - it'll be down to the wire for me, but that's primarily because I am decorating with two brand-new carpenters that I got to 100 before this started, then worked through epic 1.0 and 2.0 for the ToT and KA faction books, but because they are brand-new don't have any of the holiday books so I need to get through all the holidays to have all the items I want. Plus Moonlight Enchantment a couple times on both servers. Plus those pesky factions I find that I simply must have. Plus I decorate almost entirely manually which seems like it must be slower than using the layout editor (I use the editor for certain things, but I don't enjoy it the way I enjoy decorating manually!). Plus working and school full time. Not whining, because I am totally loving this event. Just saying, there are totally legitimate reasons to count down the minutes. <3 :-D
  17. Wizzam Well-Known Member

If you or anyone else needs a hand, I'm always happy to help out. I have a lvl 100 carp on Maj'Dul, Halls and Skyfire so I can make almost anything you need. I've been helping some people lay out floors and ceilings for this even using the layout editor, and am more than happy to keep helping. Also, if anyone feels that they cannot finish their project, Shanette and I are always happy to lend some ideas or simply finish it up for you.
    This event has been a ton of fun for me so far, I can't wait to see the end result for everyone!
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Same here in lots of ways, though I don't have "working and school full time" as reasons. :)

Uwk
    Merriel and Gretel like this.
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add a quick update on my mom. She is not home and not able to get out of bed but she is doing BETTER in the nursing home. Eating a little better and she is sassing the nurses! She has unattached her alarm and tried to get out of bed to walk but has fallen down but not hurt herself. If she could get out of bed a walk she could come home but I just don't have it in me to care for her in that way.
    Anyhow. . she is doing better and will still probably out live us all!
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that your mom is doing better!