Bleedthrough..

Discussion in 'Priests' started by kronich, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Morrdredd Member

Well.. I was told not to cast nightmares... I slipped once and cast it.. and it increased the incoming damage that I had to heal through.. so I just take that spell off my hotbar for that Shade...
  2. Kioske Well-Known Member

Is that really the issue? I never knew nightmares was supposed to increase the damage to your group members.... sounds like it's all working as intended, right?
  3. Kari Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip! I will try that next time.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

I don't agree. My warden can perfectly heal any heroic instance .. and I just can't wait to heal expert ones :)

is it just on this fight or on every fight ? the damage difference ?
    do you see really a big difference in BT if you don't use it ?
  5. Quigly Active Member

See this thread I made a few months ago. (you can ignore the part about the defiler taking increased damage as I believe that was a display bug only which at the time was caused by the group ward interception being attributed all to the defiler instead of group members too) - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-damage-in-reavers-remnants-challenge.575604/

As far as I can tell, it's an issue in all zones where I bothered to look but it's especially apparent on fights with exceedingly hard hitting AoE's.
  6. Quigly Active Member

I don't raid but I notice this same phenomenon as noted I noted in my previous post.

To test, I betrayed from defiler to mystic while in reavers remnants expert challenge and the HPS went from 20 million to 4.5 million. Nothing else changed besides switching classes.

Something is seriously wrong with defilers. The odd thing is it is mitigated depending on what other healer is in the group. Defiler/Warden seems to compensate the best, Defiler/Fury less so and Defiler/Inq is just as bad as a solo defiler.
    Kioske likes this.
  7. Quigly Active Member

This made no difference for me in reaver's remnants on slime or spectral beguiler.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

I can heal them.. if the group has enough hitpoints and dps.. but my ability to heal a group is determined by THEIR gear, not mine.
  9. Kioske Well-Known Member

So I guess all the Mystics telling Defilers to stop complaining and suck it up and bleedthrough is fine as is... should really stop talking then?
  10. Zelox Active Member

I think the better solution instead of bleedthrough would have been increasing hp at a higher rate than the things that affect heals like potency cb etc... healing someone to full with one button is boring not fun and brings a lot of limitation with what you can do with mechanics
    Mermut and Kioske like this.
  11. Kioske Well-Known Member

I completely agree. That's why the last expac where healers were even close to balanced was ToV. The HP jumped a huge amount but CB/POT didn't skyrocket in the same manner.
  12. Zelox Active Member

yeah and it just comes back to the scalability issues that run rampant through this game, with proper planning things that are problems with the game now could have never been an issue saving a lot of dev time to work on stuff that is actually fun and enjoyable. it's just a sad fact that the designers of the game currently do not know what fun is or how to achieve it
  13. Revanu Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm glad you quoted this specifically. There is a easily understandable reason on the Shade fight why defilers struggle. and its a coding miscue in part of the encounter itself. Nightmares is also tied in to an offensive output from the Shade, have your defilers eliminate the use of nightmares. For some reason, much like spirit tap used to bug out and insta-kill, nightmares just isn't a good option on this encounter. Eliminate nightmares, and watch the ridiculous component of harsh bleed thru go away. It reads nightmares as being a retroactive self damage proc instead of its natural intention to be a continuous heal. That's just how that encounter was coded. so yes its still very buggy. IT IS NOT A MECHANIC OF FAILED BLEED THRU AGAINST DEFILERS, BUT A BROKEN SCRIPT ON THE BACK END.

Just try for yourself.

PS- None of our defilers complain about bleed thru, and i have played a defiler. I just prefer mystic because i love double ancient bolster. :D
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Absolutely.
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

"Eliminate nightmares, and watch the ridiculous component of harsh bleed thru go away." "IT IS NOT A MECHANIC OF FAILED BLEED THRU AGAINST DEFILERS" Just saying, you literally put both of these things about a sentence from each other in the same paragraph...

Calling a coding issue that even you don't understand an "easily understandable reason" is pretty disingenuous. If it was easily understandable, I'm sure the devs would have fixed it by now. FYI, Nightmares isn't causing the issue on only the Vhaksiz fight, it's on every T3+ fight, including expert heroics.

Also, how many defiler does Sovin even run? And how outspoken are they? We used to run two, but one of them betrayed to Mystic because of the healing issues and hasn't had a single problem since the betray. Also, please don't say you have played the defiler when your experience playing the class is previous expansions not this current one, unless of course you're one of those people who have both toons and min/max's both of them, which I find hard to believe.

Point is, defilers are being screwed right now, telling a class to "eliminate the use of nightmares" and all will be okay is like telling a Mystic to stop using bolster because the fervor buff is actually debuffing fervor, and it'll all be okay. The point of this thread was to explain that defilers were having issues, not that you're so pompous and such a good player that it doesn't affect you or your guild mates.
  16. Revanu Well-Known Member

lol, ok. we run 3 defilers 2 mystics, normally rotating 1 of them out. and none of them have ever voiced concern over the issue. But then again I suppose its a matter of perspective to begin with, some stating there is standing problems while some just deal with it and assume its how things are supposed to be.
    And you are accurate, this is the only xpac where I have left my alt healers behind; quite frankly, alts are just a pain in the *** now, but that's an entirely different topic. I'm not even fond of the shaman class, i much prefer my templar.

However, while I won't argue that it is very logical to say defilers have something against them this xpac (I think its much broader than the immediate idea of bleed thru) I cant factually give reason for analysis because I've not played mine in current content(so yes I'm biased in a way) But none of our defilers have mentioned any problems or ailments that have hindered their performance or limited our success. And much could have been argued in ToT against mystics because in all actuality defilers were just the cream of the crop. Every player will circumvent the problems by finding different ways to succeed.

I will 100% agree that something is a little off with bleed thru and the defiler class, I just have personal opinion that the scope of the problem is much broader than the immediate rational that is being assessed & diagnosed.

And there are ton's of coding issues that would appear to have an easy remedy that have yet to be addressed. So whether or not we would agree that it could in fact be a quick fix, the lack of productivity on it being fixed leads me to believe that it is'nt so easy after all.

No hard feelings, I've an open mind to dialogue regarding this; just constant ravings from people regarding this "problem" while only looking at it thru one lens might not give clarity to other contributors of said "issue"
  17. Quigly Active Member

Can't speak for this fight specifically as I've never done it, but it sounds like it suffers the exact same issue in Reavers Remnant Challenge and Expert variations.

I tried not using Nightmares in reaver's remnants expert challenge on Residual Slime and Spectral Beguiler. I still had crazy ridiculous aoe damage incoming on the group. I'm talking 10 million damage ticks on the group. Outgoing HPS was over 20 million from defiler alone and we could last about a minute before people were just getting one shotted. Ok, so we bring in a fury alt. The fight was now doable, with approximately 14 million hps between defiler AND fury.

Okay - ONE last test -- betrayed to mystic. I could now SOLO heal the fight with 4.5 million outgoing HPS.

These tests were all with the same group set up except when fury was inserted in as a second healer.

How this is still happening and why it is not being addressed is really freaking irritating. It's been like this since the expansion was released. Guess I'm stuck playing a mystic till my class is fixed.
  18. quisling Well-Known Member

/shrug. In TOV I spent 7 months with my reactives doing NOTHING on ticking damage (by design, I might add). I figure they will fix you in about...June...
    Daalilama likes this.
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

so it actually would mean the defiler hurts himself and his group while healing it ?
    because the 20 mil to 4.5 mil HPS on the same fight is too big. the only reason is u get damage from another source. Or you're just unlucky and the named just continuously Fabled crit the group :), which I doubt
  20. Kari Well-Known Member

On a related note, I figured out what was so messed up in the expert Crypt of Dalnir raid zone we tried last night. There was 85% bleed through on normal attacks, but the Brutius the Skalk's signature move, the Brutish Smash completely bypassed wards. Not a big deal since the damage was ridiculously low on that fight, but something to keep an eye out for when we progress to other expert raid encounters.