Any chance of epic reward finger/necks getting resists please?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Arieva, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Arieva Well-Known Member

Raiders really could use the item to have resists when equipped in the finger slot. The fens charm can help compensate of course but to meet some of the t3/t4 resist checks its a stretch and it seems a shame to have to make a choice between resists or ascension bonuses when the item was changed to allow for flexibility of slot choice.
    Krumble likes this.
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

And why you want have some resist again? Isn't it HP+Resolve>Mit>>>>>.Resist and this been that way already for a while
  3. Arieva Well-Known Member

Several encounters require 300k + on the resist check. They put that number in because they expect you to meet it. You can't reasonably do this with the epic reward item equipped in a finger slot. If you want to try and get around it fine, I prefer to meet the checks as the game intends. If raiders are "ignoring" resists as you suggest then it certainly doesn't hurt anyone to include resists on these items as they are killing them without it. Doom I see your guild hasn't killed the mobs of which I speak..maybe you should up your resists? :p
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Nah we did not killed T3 yet :( but I have gut feeling that having 14M HP will help a bit more than having 300k resist :D
    Yeah I do familiar with ward bleedthrough but you know for certain fights you can always get your defilers betray to mystics :D
  5. Arieva Well-Known Member

Or a friendly dev could take a few moments to put resists on this item for us :)
    captainbeatty451 and Krumble like this.
  6. semisus Does not play this game

if they do take a look , perhaps give mages more crit chance on our epic charm? it has 62 while scouts gets 115 on theirs
    would really love disruption on the neck/finger reward as well , im sure scouts like weaponskills etc on theirs.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

well .. honnestly first thing .. in the epic item changes would be to give fighters something else than the offhand.
    we can dream .... don't think they will chage anything honnestly
  8. Arieva Well-Known Member

For further consideration by the devs of why I'm asking for resists to be added to this particular item. As an Elementalist Bulwark of Rime is really only effective as a tool for dps on select fights. 2 of these fights that come to mind are t3 content Lord Ra'kashiir and The shade in Realm x4. Both these fights have hard hitting ae's that are substantially more manageable with proper resists (especially if your guild isn't in the position to have their pick of healer classes available to tailor to a particular fight). In order to reach 300k I currently have items with resists in each conventional slot + the fens charm. This puts me over the resist goal on these fights by 20k but considering the charm gives 42k to resists, without it I'd be 20k under.

Now if I move my neck item which gives the added bonus of damage reflect to Bulwark of Rime (the only reason this ascension is ever worth casting, lets be honest on that) to a ring I'm all of a sudden 60k under the mark before the fens charm if factored in. To me that's a problem when I can't wear the epic piece that gives one of my ascensions usefulness, on the only fights where Bulwark is actually a useful tool. Of course I'm sure someone will come back and say that if that's the case why don't you just use it in the neck slot for those fights and yes I may. But I believe the intention of changing the slot designation on this item was to allow folks to finish the meta collection for the necklace which is arguably, with rare collectible pieces in each zone, a larger undertaking than it ever has been prior to Kunark Ascending and use that item alongside the epic piece. My argument is that once you factor in resists, you cannot easily. This is a shame and I don't believe it falls in line with the intent of the developers when the epic item was changed to finger/neck.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

You know the effect work even if u don't wear the item ?

At least for fighters, i get the crit bonus on the terrene AA buff though the offhand is in my bank.

Try
  10. Protips Member

not for scout, the moment it comes of it comes off
  11. Arieva Well-Known Member

Tanks had a special circumstance in that because they got an offhand item and there was already a BIS offhand in game the effect off epic item would transfer to the BIS offhand already in game. I had a tank speak to the devs on this when the epic quests first got off the ground and that mechanic is working as intended. No such circumstance exists to my knowledge for other classes except that they did alter the neck to be ring slot as well. A welcome change for sure for those in the position of needing this flexibility but the lack of resists never got addressed at the same time.
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

ok didn't know .. thought it was for every class because I don't have yet better gear to replace the epic gear.

well but in a way gearing is always choice. always wining and losing something (unless the item is direct upgrade with same stats)

so for a fight u need more resists, you won't have the effect. Always been like that, I remember in old days too u needed resist gear and it wasn't your best gear, but it allowed u to reach the asked resist. and it's just it.

choices
  13. Arieva Well-Known Member

If its the intention to make choices as you say then it was a poor design choice to put the ability bonus that makes a particular ascension ability even remotely useful on "the" item which should you equip it in its designated spot (finger) for several high end encounters, will simply result in your death rather than the now useful ascension being cast.

More likely the item slots were an afterthought and simply need a bit of dev attention to compensate after the fact. I'd like to think so anyway :)