Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, many of the event races seem to be impacted by your size. Make yourself as big as possible, use a large carpet as appearance and it does seem easier. It'll also be very noticeable during the Bristlebane Bounce race, so having an ogre/troll illusion handy seems to help if you're a smaller sort. (The wider you are, the easier it is to collide with your targets.)
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm, weird...I always thought the "base" (the square around our feet, like the base for a figurine in RL) was the same regardless of the height of the critter, especially when dealing with house decorating... X-P

Every time I "Billied" myself to shrink a decorator's height by 40%, it didn't seem to do a thing to the base size? :-/

Uwk
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol have you ever seen the size of an ogre's mount compared to the one of a fay ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I can't speak to what your perceptions are while decorating - I am talking specifically about the races that require collision with things. Think about when you go out in the world and how small characters can fit into areas that big ones cannot. Bigger characters have a bigger collision area for bumping into things. Put them on a big carpet (since that's one of the appearances allowed for the race) and they can collide with things far more easily and sloppily, while the small characters have to work harder and with more precision to collide with the same targets. We've tested it before, it has been commented on many times before in years past.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, that's true. ;->

And I'm just guessing my memory is getting sloppily selective...though most of the races I remember fondly generally involved running into things like groups of hearts and what-not, and it didn't seem to matter that much there. But yeah, now that I think of it, the taller races definitely did better in the Bouncy things for Bristlebane, but I just figured that was due to the vertical aspect. ;->

Uwk
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Also true... ;->

Uwk
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

back to quests I noticed that anybody below level 20 will have some problems doing the new quest "Pressed into the Brewcrew" that is not only because of the long swim, but also because there are aggressive mobs around that field where you are supposed to kill the hops.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

I have to say I don't think this is of much concern.

The agro mobs on the way from the Wizard spire (closest spot to hop into the zone to the place you want to be) to the fields are 17-20, but they are really easy to avoid.

There are agro farmers roaming the fields if you are of evil alignment, but they are only level 11-12. You'd pretty much have to be taking a brand spanking new character through the quests to run into any trouble from mobs.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, this takes place in Antonica?

Uwk
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am evil don't you know muahaha and I love to run my little level5 toons fresh fron the island through things like that wearing their undies
    Just being silly I guess I was moving around a little and used my aoes to much but I had a handful when I got attacked by a bunch of them than again I was not careful either on my crafting toon being used to playing my big toons.
  11. Stormeey New Member

I am still unable to find the buccaneer missing in Kylong plains. Not sure where to go from here. Can't find it on the map either.
  12. Katz Well-Known Member

It is right by the sokokar that you fly their on. There are some stone walls nearby. There are a few NPC's there and a campfire.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Weird; on the in-game Calendar, it says it ends on 03/17/17 12:00 am PST, which basically means in a half an hour, rather than going until the END of St. Patrick's Day (11:59 pm). :(

And as far as needing a swim goes, that's not really the case if you have a flying mount of any sort, even the immensely cool one from Heroes' Festival (seriously, Kaitheel, can we please have that event again for our younger toons [since my account is the right age ;->], and add a 13-year event to the next one? Please? LOVE that mount! :D). I was surprised, but when I hugged the Kylong coast for awhile and then took the plunge and flew straight across to the waypoint, I had no problem, no barrier, no nothing. It was great! :)

Uwk
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hey who's complaining I can use an extra day
    And the one in Kylongs plains is in that little enclosed post with tower next to Kunzars edge sokokar station.
    just in case you don't kow this one either the one in Antonika is in the Windstalker village in the bar over by the pond,
    after that you go over to the burned farmhouse and kill some hops.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True, but it confused people... :(

I tried to get all the way over to the Kylong one with a li'l level 25, who only had a Winter Wolf mount (and a Carpet of Clover underneath for "parachuting") and had to clamber/swim, and he survived! :D

Almost got killed by the Hops, though... X-P

Uwk
    who highly recommends a Beastlord for that; even at level 95 white-conned to level, they were no match for our awesomeness there! :D
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Well, the dates were accurate. It was the time that was inaccurate in the in-game calendar. You'll find the event lasts until 11:59 pm, just like my initial post in this thread states.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Katz like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I recommend to mentor down to kill the hops , unless you wear raid gear or fabled
    if your on Stormhold find a little toon to do so. it's a lot easier , but this is not anything new there are instances like
    Shard of love the festival version where I get killed at least once or twice times depending on what class I am running through,
    unless I mentor down.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah, I liked mowing them down like...crops...with my 95 Beastlord. :D

But yeah, after all the various toons I had that were struggling with them, largely because of class ("Dammit, take the damage and fall down, already!"), it was a real joy to just one- or two-shot them. >:-D

Guess I should've mentored down with my 25 Fury... ;)

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'll have to say, the addition of the new items (dang you, Kaitheel! Dang you to heck! You'd better not do something like again with this Chronoportals event until next year! :D) finally convinced me to check out how else I could get the currency for it... I found the collection quest short, sweet, to the point, plentiful (-ish; there were definitely better places than others to hunt [Feerrott, I'm looking at you; Ykesha was way easier]), and with the assistance of third-party sites, I definitely knew where to look. Plus, with the advantage of being a Member, not only did I get enough Ancient Platinum Coins (8) for my total needs (6), but it'd totally slipped my mind that it would double, so each one that did that had 10 remaining for the bank. Life is good with that event, even without having to get my toons' skins shredded off in the instances! :)

Uwk
    who looks askance when Wiki says, "some classes should be able to solo these" (lol; try finding a group on Test, the first year this came up)...and regrets the fact that the Doctor Who homage toons are way too young to get the "Time Traveler" title this time :(
    Kaitheel likes this.