Duoing Advanced Instances - Reward both players

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mycenia, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Mycenia Member

My husband and I are enjoying the advanced solo dungeons together (we've done four of them so far), but we're always disappointed at the end when only one of us gets rewarded and the other one gets nothing but a lockout timer. I think that both people should get to loot from the chest, especially since nothing else drops from these zones and the end chest is the only reason to ever do them. We don't want to play with mercs; we play this game so that we can group with each other. Please don't punish people for wanting to duo instead of molo... =)

What do you guys think? =)
    Karrane, sompet_eq2 and Feldon like this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Ugh, I had never actually done one of these anyway but solo and didn't reallize a second person wouldn't get a chest.

That is silly. People definately should't be punished for duoing over running things alone.
  3. Arieste Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem right to reward the people that are trivializing solo content by doing it in groups. If anything, you should get no reward box - only quest updates. I mean, the instances are meant to be a SOLO challenge.
    Vandrago likes this.
  4. Gaarysal Active Member

I agree each person needs to be rewarded especially for the challenge mode wurmbone. It really seems like groups in general get shafted this expansion like with obols, essences, and spirits being 1 per group. I guess they are trying to artificially lengthen the life of this xpack.
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Why you should get 2 chests at a solo instance and only get one at a group instance?
    Well, i got in the situation myself, only thing i do complain is that, the loot that droped is no trade, even to the mate with you ;)
    Dont get me wrong, i could life with that, but it plain makes no sence, double reward for single instance where the group instance gets 1/6 loot.
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

Solo-Advanced is not meant to be a challenge solo, its meant to be done with up to 2 players, or a player and his merc. Just because you think it should only be soloable doesn't mean that's how the dev's saw it. If it was meant to be solo only, they wouldn't allow a second player in the zone.

The loot you get in the solo instance comes in a crate, which auto-opens, and the loot inside isn't tradeable like the loot you get in a chest with a group. I am on the fence about whether or not a Solo-Advanced zone should reward two chests, but it should at least have the loot inside tradeable so the two players can choose who would be best suited to it.
    Kalderon likes this.
  7. Mycenia Member

I don't see each person getting loot as a double reward. Each person would only get one piece of loot. NOT one person getting two pieces.

And as far as group/heroic instances, there is other loot that drops in them on the way to the nameds. You can get masters (rare-ish chance, I think), status items, random equipment drops, etc. off of non-named heroic mobs in other dungeons, but in the solo instance dungeons, you don't get anything to drop on non-nameds except for coin (at least, that's been my experience so far...). The only reason to do the solo dungeon is for the last chest (and some quest updates for the signature quest the first time through).
  8. Arieste Well-Known Member

Ok well, that logic is so rock solid that i don't think any argument i make will break it. Have a pleasant day.
    Vandrago likes this.
  9. BobLoblaw New Member

Please implement either two boxes or loot that can be traded in group, whichever is easier/fastest to code.
    Kalderon and Mycenia like this.
  10. Mycenia Member

Yeah, this^. I would be happy with tradeable items too. It kills me when I get STR gear on my fury and my husband gets WIS gear on his paladin. If it was tradeable, that would work too. =)
  11. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Thats whats needed to be.
    Just see it like this, if you need 2 persons to get it done, one of that persons would get nothing ;)
    By the way, would be easy to abuse, using 2 boxes to get 2 lootdrops :rolleyes:
  12. Mae- Well-Known Member

You can take your snark and shove it. The zones were designed for up to 2 players, and as such, the loot should be at the very least tradeable between those two players. It doesn't matter that they're named "Advanced solo", what matters is that they are INTENDED for up to two players, and that consideration should be included in the loot options.
    Karrane and Mycenia like this.
  13. Tylia Well-Known Member

I don't think two chests should drop, but I do think the items inside should at least be tradeable with whoever was with you when it dropped for up to a certain period of time.

Edit: Last night, one of the chests that my hubby got had a tinkering wormhole blueprint as the loot. That was a (almost funny) disappointment.
  14. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Just remove the silly crate mechanic and make the loot rollable like a normal instance.
    Mycenia likes this.
  15. Kalderon Well-Known Member

That would be the fastest way to deal with after all.
  16. Toran Member

This is the only thing that needs to be done. No addition loot/chest needs to be added just make it like normal chest drop.
  17. Mohee Active Member

You know how in a group or raid, and the chest is looted, everyone gets to loot a blue or white shard? Just do that with these boxes.
    Mycenia likes this.
  18. Opeij New Member

Just make the boxes drop like the white shards from DoV zones do. One person each gets a box, the contents aren't tradeable, only heirloom.

Totally didnt read the comment above this til I posted. Shows that it's such a great idea :p
  19. Tylia Well-Known Member

I disagree. Each person should not get a box. Each person in a group zone or a raid zone does not get a box so why should each person in a solo zone get one (even if that zone is meant for up to 2 people)? I also think the items should stay no-trade heirloom, but should be tradeable with the other person who was in the zone with you for the kill for at least a specific amount of time after the box was looted. As for the white shards.. why? There are plenty of very easy ways to obtain white shards already in the game.
  20. Opeij New Member

I didn't say make them drop white shards, I said make them drop LIKE white shards (or dozekar heads, for that matter). I don't see why 2 people getting loot is such a bad thing, it just saves one person the trouble of having to run the zone again, which he/she can't even do until their lockout timer is resettable (in an hour and a half). Anyways, doing an advanced solo with a mercernary is almost like playing with a different player, except you always get the loot. I don't see why adding an ACTUAL person instead of a fake one should penalize you.