A wizard's perspective...

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Daray, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

4 different classes at least :)
    otherwise summoners would fight just to know who's gonna tank
  2. Zelox Active Member

what is the motivation for that survey?
  3. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

This is why I feel the base damage of wizard spells should be naturally higher than the base damage of many other classes. I certainly wouldn't want any other classes taken down in power. However, I do feel that something could be done to put wizards higher in power. The problem seems to me that it may be too difficult to do this. Look at how many things are changed lately that keep needing adjustments.

And what is the motivation for the developers to look into making wizards and warlocks more powerful? As of right now, if I was a wizard, I would feel a LOT more pressure to buy up my ascension stuff. If I'm a creator of this game, why would I take away a possible source of more income? Point is, it is most likely very low on the priority list.
  4. Estarriol New Member

That's exactly the point. You are given overpowered abilities and you are forced to pay to improve them, if you do not want to be way behind those who already paid for them. Maintaining balance in this environment is hardly at all possible, but it isn't even a concern, especially while there are still those willing to pay to "feel the power" on top of their monthly subscription. The game now combines both subscription model and the rip-off model of a host of pseudo-free mobile games, in case of which F2P players can never compete with P2W players. Welcome to the "new and improved" EQ2.
    captainbeatty451 and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. Zelox Active Member

stop playing this terrible **** and you'll be much happier
    Whiomaju, Mizgamer62 and Livx like this.
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

Idk man, I'm pretty happy. Fun game.
  7. Daray Well-Known Member

Are we there yet?
    Whiomaju, Mizgamer62 and Livx like this.
  8. Yards Well-Known Member

Where we going? To the bottom of the parse? We are almost there.
  9. Livx Member

Soon very soon.

[IMG]
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Nope that place belong warlocks now :D
  11. Zelox Active Member

im bored, someone post something silly please so i can make a useless post about it
  12. Rondo9 Active Member

Could today be the day? or we are going onto 8 months of FB being total broken useless.
  13. Ashandra Well-Known Member

So perhaps wiz needs to push for more dots joined on the end of all yr spells me thinks to get that hit rate up you aren't going to get as much in casting slow **** nukes now are you?...... lots more multi hitting stuff ticking away would solve some of your dps probs 1 nuke every so often isn't going so well for you.
  14. Zelox Active Member

You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

Wizard The Wizard can unleash the purest forms of destruction by harnessing the arcane magic of fire and ice. Channeling the full force of these elements into deadly focus, no other type of mage is able to match the Wizard's ability to inflict such great devastation upon a single target.
    Kioske, Whiomaju and Livx like this.
  15. Livx Member

[IMG]
    Kioske likes this.
  16. Daray Well-Known Member

So what's this I hear about no class balance changes until the next expansion?

What makes that statement funny, if true, is that fixing something that is completely broken, isn't even directly a class balance issue... and how many months are we at now?

Players will only wait around for so long... and sorry, but class balance needs to be a priority. Personally, I can tolerate a class balance variance of perhaps 10% (under equal circumstances), but a 300% variance is just ridiculous.

And to think this will be ignored until the end of the year before it maybe gets looked at (or more likely, becomes even more broken) is not something I will wait around for, or even pay for.
    Zeee, Riktor, Kioske and 2 others like this.
  17. Kioske Well-Known Member

What this tells me is that they are prioritizing the fabled content they plan to throw at us in May/June, over fixing the current issues in the game. I would actually vote that they release zero fabled content this expac, if they would just fix the current issues in the game. New content does nothing for me, if the base aspect of the game isn't any fun. Plus, as much fun as some of the fabled content has been, we've all done those zones before and it's not as exciting as real new content is.
    Zelox likes this.
  18. Kioske Well-Known Member

Legit, let's see a show of hands of sorcerers who even still play the game, and play their sorcerer in raid anymore. I still play mine (but not sure for how much longer before I swap classes or quit the game entirely)
  19. Daray Well-Known Member

We still have 2 sorcerers, but I get that feeling that the raid would be far better off if they slotted a couple of good beastlords or summoners in those spots. Especially since everything that matters in raids is based around dps checks / forced time limits.
    Uyaem, Mizgamer62 and Kioske like this.
  20. Sebekian New Member

I'm tired of it, I know how to play my wizard fairly well, but the hard work just isn't resulting in the gains I'd like to see right now. Also, my DPS has severely tanked in Expert raid content and T4 raid content. I was stupid and started leveling an Elementalist first before an Etherealist and that has pushed me even further behind for now. I'm not sure if it's the way the mobs resist my spells or crit mit or what but it's extremely disheartening to see my Fiery blasts going from 3-7 billion down to 300-800 million on T4/Expert stuff. I just keep falling further and further behind, I really wish the developers of the game cared enough to look at the situation, and not leave a pure damage class in such a bad state, I'm starting to feel somewhat useless in raids despite constantly practicing my casting orders, adjusting my spreadsheets, and working hard all expansion to get gear/try to improve. it's like running into a brick wall repeatedly but it's even more noticeable on Expert/T4 content.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.