Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know or at least I suspect this will not be possible , but on Landmark we had some nice free flowing outfits
    I wished we could get something else besides the simple robes or the sleazy looking dresses or worse the very vulgar looking so called formal outfits ( no underwear I can tell even the cloths the toons are born in are more proper
    I did suggest at some point to rename the " Norrathian homeshow " into " the Norrathian home and fashion show "
    that would include accessory that's just for looks.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Alyndrys like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Not a bad idea, but I think the time they came up with the name for the forum, there wasn't the option to have house actors or even mannequins yet...but even back then, that's a point, where else would such things fit? ;)

Uwk
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I second NEW gowns and tea sets . . .
    WIGS maybe that would go in a HAT slot??
    The ladies really do need better dresses. . . I thinking "Steampunk" with corsets and bustles?
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

he he ha ha we had the wig discussion before and I's said ratties would's look cute with curls
    but I am afraid it would be a lot of work to makes the wigs looks good on all races
    Imagine a troll with long flowing hair's and curls.
    I think's just as we don't have hair like that to begin with ,it must be really hard to do it for a head cover , just think about the bold look when some of us put on a hat .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Yes please.
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

You mean when all the races with hair put a hat on. Obviously non-haired races would not need nor want hair. . . (I mean after all, if they did, they would have MADE a haired character to begin with.) The only people who would need the hair would be the actual HUMAN-oid races. . can't be that difficult. . Humans, elves, barbarians,Arekyn, vampires, gnomes and dwarves. They all have hair. I don't think Trolls, rotonga, Kerra, Sarnaks or Froglocks really need hair. I still stand in my opinion. . They aren't trying especially since we have a BEAUTIFUL LONG hair style for the Arekyn!
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

it would really look weird on froglogs but I really want gold curls for my rat and I do have hair it's just really short
    I also have a troll with something like 5 hairs on her head.
    Hmm can I get some bows for each of my 5 hairs , for special dates .
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

Eh, it's a wig. ANYONE can wear a wig. :) I think most of the buyers would be of the normal human/elf type races anyway, but I see no problems at all with non-coifed races getting access to wigs (dressing a froglok house actor as Rapunzel or some such occurred to me). It could be fun, and I don't remember seeing huge numbers of people complaining about the snake hair medusa 'helm' available in game.

Besides that, trolls already have hair, not very pretty or clean looking, but it's most certainly there. My troll illusionist would not mind having some nice wigs to help augment her look either.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Quiarrah like this.
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

THANK YOU Finora!
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok that was fun back to regular busyness the race in Butcherblock mountains is very slow on Stormhold as it is right now I can run faster.
    I am certain it's do to the lower over all mount speed.
    Please I understand that the speed can not be fixed ( at least I think it would mess up the over all speed of mounts )
    If that is possible lower the mount of goblins you got to knock over so normal people can get the title too.
    At least please can this be taken care of by next year , pretty please with cheesecake on top
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've hardly ever had any fun at all with the goblin one; takes entirely too long to get any satisfaction (i.e., multiple attempts usually needed). My main issue is all the stupid obstacles in the way, such as tables, benches, etc., etc., etc. The other "collect" or "knock down" type races never have that problem, except when tripping over stuff that's always in the background anyway (tents and logs and such in Antonica, short walls and trees to go around in Freeport, and even the rocks and trees in the bouncy thing in The Sinking Sands can actually help). But those are few and far between, rather than densely packed like they are in the goblin one for Brewday. :(

Uwk
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

no my big kitty friend if your not playing on Stormhold you would not understand.
    On Stormhold all mounts are slowed down , A LOT so that slows down every one of this races , but it seams like this one is particularly bad.
    I watched somebody else do it and his pet had no problems keeping up. Also drinking the beer did not seam to make a difference.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ouch! :(

Yeah, sigh...that's another reason why I'm not terribly nostalgic for "the good old days," where you needed like the equivalent of a "year's salary" to get a 35% speed ground mount. :-/

I can see one of the problems with "voting in" the modern holidays is that there's a lot of the modern background stuff (mount speed being one of several, and iirc, you don't get a special mount for the goblin knock-down one?) that people take for granted in the regular servers, that aren't there in Stormhold. Yeah, if it were me (and yeah, I do have a couple of toons there, but they're strictly for house-visiting, though the poor things have gotten no love from me for months now :-/), I'd definitely vote for the Powers to ease up a bit on things for Stormhold, the way we have on the Test server (where the economy is non-existent on the Broker, so we can buy all our Advanced recipe books from a special vendor. Plus, we have almost all the guide events handled by NPCs, so we can at least test them out [and Squeecha, bless her, shows up on Test for those quests that apparently can't be done via NPC /shrug]).

Uwk
  14. Void Member

Hello Kaitheel

I put Brew Day in my system to track quests! http://eq2.ivo.eti.br
    Could u tell us what category is? Not repeateble or once per year?

Thanks for info! :)
  15. Void Member

Anyone know if Brewday Beer Guardin get influence from size of race?
    When i do it with my Ogre, i get average 112, when i do wiht my ratonga, i get average 95!

Thanks!
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I have noticed the same thing big toons can knock down more goblins with their big behinds than little cute races
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

I just happened to still be on the TS Docks with a character I know I had already completed the Pressed Into the Brew Crew quest (still had the horn in my inventory) and the quest was available again! So it seems to be one of the ones we can repeat multiple times a year to earn tokens =). I do not know the timer though, because I played different characters yesterday.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Well... Pressed into the Brewcrew was intended to be an annual quest, but as Finora found out, it is currently set as a daily quest. So, for this year it will remain daily, but come next year, it'll only be able to be completed once, every year.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

to bad yea I noticed that too
    I also looked at the calendar and saw that the next event is coming up fast, next week on the 16th
    Are there going to be new things to test or is it just what we had last year , I mean I would understand , its only a 1 week event
    and Bristlebane soon there after on the 30th.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Ah, Chronoportals. There's new merchant items to acquire, absolutely! But there's no new mechanics or content being added to require being tested externally. I'm working on Bristlebane Day as we speak.

~ Kaitheel