Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, what about Heroes' Festival? :(

But if NotD is anything like our "Dead" holidays in real life, sometimes they go on to Nov. 1 or 2, yeah. ;)

Iirc, Heroes' is supposed to sort of coincide roughly with US Thanksgiving/first release date for EQ2. My vote would be: if the last gasp of October/first gasp of November is in the middle of a week, continue NotD 'til the closest Thursday or Tuesday. If the last of November/first of December are in the same week, start Frostfell on the closest Tuesday or Thursday, with Heroes' in the middle...but isn't that kind of how it's done now? :-/

If so, never mind... ;->

Uwk
    who also realizes the Test folks need time to hammer out any bugs in new stuff, too... :-/
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Coulda sworn I'd seen it there before...probably misremembering. :-/

I'm sure that when/if it is implemented, it'll be far enough away from Neriak so as not to darken their doorstep. ;->

Uwk
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

"Pressed into the Brewcrew": Stormcoat speaks gnollish. It doesn't impact the quest update, but I couldn't tell if he was thanking me or cursing me out when I just ran it on someone who's not done the language quest. ;D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I now have an alt who couldn't click on Jyndeth in Mara ... zero other people in the zone, no visible reason for him to be unclickable. I'll delete the quest and start over. :O (edit: He's just lying there on the ground, not standing, since you were asking about that earlier.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Second go-round with the same alt, and the same thing happened. I am unsure if it mattered, but since the 3 locations are all listed at once in the quest journal, I assumed that you could do the visits in any order that you wished, and did Kylong before Mara both times.

Update: I was having issues with doing BBM-Kylong-Mara where the NPC in Mara would not be clickable ... tried that sequence twice and it failed for me both times. Doing BBM-Mara-Kylong (the quest helper order of listing them) worked, as did Mara-BBM-Kylong. These were all with zones where I was the only person, so the NPC's weren't recovering from a trigger or anything.

The only other thing that comes to mind, was zone age, since oftentimes on Test we go into zones that spin up just for us ... but that wouldn't cause the grouped folks to have issues, nor Morshel's issue when someone else was already in the zone.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Found it! Thank you, Niami!

~ Kaitheel
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

Is it too late to ask for a green tea service? >.>
  8. Kaitheel Developer

D'oh! Yeah, it is. I'll note it for next year though!

~ Kaitheel
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I remember that the entrance in Neriak used to exist , but when the city fest is on at the same time , those 2 festivals clash
    I thought the barrel could just be moved a little to have enough space, but for some reason that was not an option
    instead it was removed when the city fest was plopped down on it .
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Huh, I don't recall that at all.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I had to do some digging, as I didn't recall it either. In my 2010 preview, there was a mention of a portal in Darklight Woods. In my 2012 preview there was no mention of DLW, but there was now mention of a portal in Haven. My 2011 preview was rushed enough there was no mention of where the portals were, so I'm not sure when it changed, but it was changed at least 5 years ago. :D
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they canceled out the portal part way through because the Neriak city fest came in.
    I remember because for me that was the first year I did brew day fest.
    I was wondering if I was starting to see stuff or my imagination went wild.
    . . . . .o there is a pink elephant over here ammm a flying pig
    I must stop drinking this stuff.

and I just ran the new quest 2 times without problems
    all you need to do is stick with the order its in your quest book.
    It even says you got to retrace their steps.
  13. Lera Well-Known Member

Can we get the puddle in Thundering Steppes that's by the new quest giver? Maybe it's too late for this year, but next year? There are so many uses for that.
  14. Lera Well-Known Member

15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...turn one of those Leaf Rugs over (does it have a "back," hopefully a tan one?) and sink it just far enough that it shimmers, deliberately (maybe two of them, so they definitely shimmer)? And put a keg, or a dripping Steamfont Distillery, or whatever, nearby? /shrug

Would be better to have the item, true... ;->

Uwk
  16. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Love , love the events but they always seem so short especially for those of us who also have to go to work ...
  17. seneth Active Member

Pirates again?, I want to see some nice gowns for ladies, the outfits we have been seeing are discouraging. No offense to any who makes them but Brown is sooo done. We need color, a couple of beautiful green frocks would be a nice change.
    I want to see some brewday wings dripping shamrocks or even just images of shamrocks floating in the wings, kinda like the erollisi windows.
    As for dwarves, I love them but I see them as hardworking, hard drinking, loveable characters, not pirates.
    No Offense meant to anyone but this is just some of my wants or likes for maybe a future brewday.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No worries! We do have a selection of holiday wish lists over in the Norrathian Homeshow forum (though that may be for house items, primarily, though we do make mannequins and house actors we can dress up), including for Brewday, iirc. ;->

And yeah, I'd like to see more nice gowns, steering away from the "slyt (whoops! Typo... ;->) dresses" from so long ago; I think more of the recent ones do tend to include "pants" of some sort, or at least another panel of material over the legs. There have been some green ones I've seen from Brewday, I think, but I'll have to double-check with my Testers to be absolutely sure (I might be thinking of Erollisi Day just past, but why those would be green is anyone's guess...).

Brb... ;->

EDIT: Yeah, for whatever peculiar reason, it seems that green fancy outfit was from Erollisi Day? /shrug

I remember it being a pretty thing, with a lot of frothy lace everywhere.

Uwk
    'oo begs yer pardon, but the lads and lasses what follow the Sweet Trade work 'ard about it, too! And drink 'ard, t'boot! ;)
  19. Lotty New Member

Please tell me it's not too late for some really cool masquerade style Bristlebane tea service!
  20. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Yes, yes tea service and pillows please :)