Farewell, Domino (Emily)

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Adevil, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Adevil Well-Known Member

Emily (Domino)@pentapod 17h17 hours ago

Sad to announce I'm leaving Daybreak at the end of February. It’s been a pleasure & an honour supporting the #EQ2 & #Landmark communities.

Emily (Domino)@pentapod 17h17 hours ago

I love SOE/Daybreak & am super sad to leave, but it feels like time to return home to Canada, and remember what shoveling snow is like! [IMG][IMG]

You did amazing work with the tradeskills in this game, and I for one will miss your lively imagination and humour.

Welcome back to Canada, though. We're getting back a person of great talent and skill in this change. BTW, it's warming up again this weekend (parts of Ontario at least), so you may have missed the worst of the snow.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

3. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Very, very sad that you are leaving :( :( :( but we sure welcome you back to Canada snowy or not :) :) :)
  4. Crastinal Active Member

Oh...

Wishing her the best in her future projects. Crafters in Everquest 2 will miss her dearly.
  5. Noctew Active Member

With her "main" project (Landmark) ending, her trouble with immigration (she could not re-enter the US for weeks returning from a vacation in Canada [last year, even before Trump]) and the current political climate, who can blame her for wanting to return to Canada?

I wish her the best of success and happiness. She's always gone far beyond the call of duty for us tradeskillers. You will be missed, Domino!
  6. Adevil Well-Known Member

She's landed a job here, too, but isn't saying where or what until she starts it:

Emily (Domino)@pentapod 20h20 hours ago

More news on new job once I start. Fear not, I shall still tweet food and cat photos, and shall lurk around the world of Norrath. [IMG]
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Wishing her the best of luck and success...wherever she lands will be lucky to have her. We certainly were.
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the wonderful tradeskill stuffs you helped to put into EQ2 over the years, and everything else you've done for the community.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

Awwww. I'm sorry to see you leave. I've always enjoyed your additions to the trade-skill part of the game. I wish you best in Canada. I really like your Prime Minister. He seems pretty intelligent and stable. :)
  10. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

*hugs*
    I too am going to miss you, Domino, but I hope this means we can see you more in game!

Good luck on the new job, and yes, you must spill on where you are headed.
  11. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

One of the most beloved and talented creators in the gaming world. You will be sorely missed here. Best wishes in your ventures! Norrath will always be your first home though :)
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Thanks Domino, for all the great work you did for us! :D

(yeah, I'm poking around again... :rolleyes: not looking for any kind of discussion tho. ;) )
    Aelfan and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

14. Nixer Active Member

Thank you for the well balanced and considerate touches you've added to the Tradeskills. I do hope your legacy continues on in future expansions. Hehe, sparkly mats are sure easier to identify than regular ones - that's the first enhancement of yours that I recall :) I do wish you well in the nordic, erm, north. But if you're missing the snow, there sure is a lot in NCAL this year, j/k ;) Best of luck to you.

Oh, before I go, does this mean that my pally can have his name back, haha, just kidding :p
  15. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Best of luck! Crafting has been fun. But, they have this thing called the internet where one can collaborate on projects from various locations around the world: Day Break might want to look into this futuristic technology before we loose anymore talent from the game.
  16. Kasa Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you Domino! Thank you for the awesome things you added to the game and a special extra thank you for the wonderful experince you prodvided in the past to the Public Test community, postivily steller!
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

Goodbye Domino,

may you find success in all that you do in the future.

Thank you for everything, the game wouldn't be the same had it not been touched by your hands.
  18. wiouxev2 Active Member

Thanks for your service to the EQ2 community.

One thing you cant say about many other jobs is your work will live on in the game even after your absence. :)

I was never a crafting guy, but when I was begrudgingly forced to run the questlines for each expansion I did enjoy them!

Cheers, best of luck with you in your next path!
  19. Skyeyes New Member

Hi Domino,
    I wish you great fun and happiness whatever you do next.
    I just wanted to also thank you, on behalf of someone.
    My husband, Livelyhound, was a crafter. Passionate about the game, passionate about bugs, about fixes, would often sit up all hours doing 'test crafting', with parse running. (I wish I understood it, really, but I'm just not a coder!)
    He communicated with you often about aspects of Crafting.
    When Landmark began, he found a new passion and would again send you queries and ideas on Twitter.
    You always replied, had conversations, and I think even made some of his suggestions reality. He talked about you a lot.
    Sadly my Livelyhound, pally to my mystic, other half of my RL as well as my games, is gone.
    But I know that he valued your contribution to the game so very highly.
    So thank you, from him.
    And from me, for contributing a lot of happiness to my life through time spent at the crafting tables alongside him.

Safe journeys,
    Skyeyes xx
  20. Melt Actually plays the game

Crafting parses I'm giggling
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.