Double Ascension event? (from Discord chat)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by CharbrynEQ2, Feb 17, 2017.

1. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

A guildmate copied and pasted a post from a dev that posted on Discord into guild chat last night that mentioned that a double ascension event was going to be starting today, and to expect formal announcements via forums, Twitter, FB, etc. - well, I see no announcements anywhere, so are we actually getting a double ascension scroll event starting today? The post mentioned today, starting at noon PST, and lasting 10 days...any truth to this?

I get the appeal of Discord, but things are being discussed there in chat that are never seeing the light of day anywhere "official"/permanent. That's kind of bothersome.

Edit to add, this is the kind of announcement that most people (myself included) would be super excited about - be nice to see it in Announcements section in the forums...
  2. dorotea Well-Known Member

I agree that anything official should appear in these forums. Whether the item from Discord should have been mentioned here I have no idea since I haven't seen it. it may have been a "we are considering" type item. Even if what your guildmate copied appeared more definitive it could have just been part of the message or something that was superseded later and your guildmate never saw the correction.
  3. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

I just joined Discord a couple days ago, I found his announcement:

[IMG]
    Xianthia likes this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Edited to delete post as formatting was all messed up. Shaggybodom posted a good copy/paste of the quote.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

thank you for a more readable copy/paste, and yes good thing on discord you can just scroll back and actually see the chats.
    ShaggyBodom likes this.
  6. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Thank you for copy/pasting the message from Kander! This is exciting news (for me, being 3 months late to the expac). I'm sure this is nice for alts as well and for leveling up secondary/tertiary ascension classes.

I like how he says the official announcement will be today, he imagines - it is less than 30 minutes to go live time and no formal announcements anywhere - lol.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Well, technically, he said that he imagined that it would be posted somewhere official. Maybe that's all he meant. I wonder what else he imagines. :rolleyes:
    ShaggyBodom likes this.
  8. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Sorry, couldn't resist. :)
    ShaggyBodom likes this.
  9. Harmonized Member

10. Adevil Well-Known Member

Or you can use the search feature and jump straight to a comment. :D
    Xianthia likes this.
  11. Justaplayer Member

I hate it that we have all these "official" channels, forum twitter FB discord and who knows what else. Why isn't 1 enough? I want to play, not browse all day to get the info on what's new.
    Dude likes this.
  12. Rinkan New Member

Next time post it on login screen. Everyone don't use Discord. :mad:
  13. Adevil Well-Known Member

14. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

anyone who picked up scrolls today before the unadvertised rumoured event started is out of luck, no double scroll for you.
    Justaplayer likes this.
  15. Adevil Well-Known Member

It IS on the login screen.
  16. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

the official announcement was posted at the same time the event started, prior to that, there was only rumours and trolling.
  17. Justaplayer Member

It wasn't a few hours ago, maybe not even until the start of the event. Those who took their scrolls before are 1 scroll short now.
  18. Adevil Well-Known Member

Its' timestamp is 51 minutes before the event started.
  19. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

what is an ascension scroll,... and why would one covet it?
  20. Justaplayer Member

1 hour is not a long notice when it was advertised on discord yesterday. If they make an announcement they should at least post it on the forum (too) or don't talk about it at all. I knew about it from a guildie but I sympathize with those who don't get rumors fast enough.
    babettelabete likes this.