othmir faction

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Earar, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

hi

is there a fast way to grind this faction ?

coz I did all the othmir quests in GD and EW and CS

i'm at 13k5 faction .. need 50k

the only quests I find (2 in GD give 200), 3 in EW (give 500 +200 +200)

it's not much and killing yhalei doesn't improve faction.

it's the only way to get faction up ? those 5 quests ?
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Have fun. The turtles in GD drop an extra 100 faction if you're doing the repeatables. Get grinding.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

Still i don't understand after all i've done for them I'm low >_<
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

Beach in eastern wastes has a 2 repeatbles, killing yhalei and kicking over barrels, nets 700 faction per round. found that to be the easiest grind
  5. Vokan Well-Known Member

Why are all of you rats?
    Snikkety likes this.
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

Good enough reason for me not to do the Epic 2 LOL

Grinding faction *shiver*
  7. Kari Well-Known Member

They are probably the closest they can get to Othmir imposters, to build up their faction...
    Earar likes this.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

failed miserably !!

they outsmarted us :/ ... who would have thought ?
    Snikkety likes this.
  9. Revanu Well-Known Member

ratonga is win. thats why
    Svenone likes this.
  10. Brienae Active Member

Lol, my Fury happens to be a Ratonga with a pair of adopted Othmir pups she takes with her everywhere. No the children did nothing to improve my faction... sigh maybe if they were older and could speak? They slept while I kicked over barrels.
    Earar likes this.
  11. Conifur Well-Known Member

For Mage you don't have to get 50k, you just have to do to the end of the CS line - A Salty Farewell - not sure for other classes - I know some thought it was 50k for Mage as well - maybe for Priest it is just completing to that as well.
  12. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

It's been confirmed many times over that priest require 50k othmir faction (Game flat out tells you it requires 50k faction to buy the item). Quest completion is not enough for priest.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

As said for priests is one of the factions they have to max. Fortunately the other one is completed really fast.
  14. Conifur Well-Known Member

Sorry. Had to do that with the Thalumbra insects. from -19.5K to 50k via 2 quest :( I feel your pain.
  15. Leper New Member

This one drove me to drink. Was truly a nightmare. Made me question why I was even playing the game.
    Conifur and santargria like this.
  16. santargria Well-Known Member

This faction grind it ludicrous - I can certainly understand some faction but seriously 50k @ 100 or 200 a pop? Really?

I mean WTF are you devs doing?

You couldn't have made it manageable say 30k or so or increased a few faction gives to 300 or so? Really?
    Conifur likes this.
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

timesink ...
  18. Elinea Well-Known Member

I got through that godawful faction grind by doing the two in great divide, plus once an hour I'd do the two public quests (ring war, and storm gorge) for a cloudy velium jewel to sell to the relic vendor for 500 faction. It took me weeks, because I couldn't take sitting for hours, had to do it in small doses...and insured I will never do the epic 2.0 on any of my priest alts (I have lots of priest alts, and none of them have any othmir faction). I questioned my sanity every day killing those stupid crabs and checking ice tunnels. I cursed Daybreak for taking an expansion I loved, and making me hate it. They could have at least bumped up the value of the repeatable to 1k each. I thought the mage one was bad with the bastion of the tranquil faction, but this one nearly made me stop playing altogether.
    santargria and Earar like this.
  19. ShinyAddict New Member

I am ok with going back to old content if it offers some exp and fun. Grinding faction on grey quests is not fun. At least bump the faction if you're not willing to remove these ridiculous grind fests.
    santargria likes this.
  20. Earar Well-Known Member

nobody likes it but still all who want their epic will go through that.

same as Elinea .. won't do the epic for another priest nor mage actually ... nor tank :D

just don't have a lvl 100 scout .. he is 98 but I feel I won't have the strength to do a fourth epic prereq .. though the scout one is different than others. but faction grind is still faction grind