Helpful Tips

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Restocking Storage: Using Manifest Feature of Layout Editor

Here is a video that might help you with restocking your storage. Enjoy!

2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I always dither about, largely because I have no idea how much of anything I'm gonna need until it's time to do a big project (fortunately, I have tons of alts on each server, so I'm guaranteed at least 10 of everything, if each one's done his/her job of getting something ;->), but I can see the value of having tons of stuff in advance to draw on, especially if it's something you can't make later. :-/

Clever feature! :)

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ocarinah, thank you soooo much for this tools and tips thread. So much useful information posted here. They really should sticky this thread. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ocarinah like this.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

Wow, I never thought of using dungeons to store stuff as I thought they were removing them from the game, no?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Gretel Well-Known Member

Not removing them - just removing whatever perqs made them great for powerleveling. They're still in there!
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

I just tried to store stuff in one and lost all the stuff I stored :(
    Ok nm - seems I entered at the end of the dungeon not where I put the stuff - very strange
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing this - I'm in the process of setting up dungeons for my storage as well

However, I don't seem to have the Manifest option in my editor - is that a version issue perhaps or am I just not seeing how to bring it up?
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Using JesDer's EverQuest II House layout Editor, Version - 1.7.2.17 http://www.eq2designers.com
    I am not sure if it is a menu option on older versions instead of a button. All the versions I have used had it as a button.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Who's responsible for stickying things these days? There's stuff in the Player Support forums we'd like stickied, too, but... :-/

Uwk
    santargria likes this.
  10. santargria Well-Known Member

Ok, seems there are 2 different editors - I have the correct one now - thanks!
  11. santargria Well-Known Member

Anyone one know if there is a way to move the starting location? Every time I try the game just hangs until I hit "esc"
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The starting location of a dungeon? There should be two items there, that look like portals: one's red, one's green. I can't remember which is which, but one is the Exit and one is where you come in. Both can be moved to wherever you want them. :)

So, once you've moved the Entrance (I like both in the same room, frankly), you'll come in there next time.

Uwk
  13. santargria Well-Known Member

I only see one green portal when I enter and when I try to move it it seems like I lock up until I hit escape.

There is no exit portal

I must be doing something wrong
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It could also depend on the original layout of the dungeon, 'cause every one I've ever tried, there are both portals...sometimes it's a matter of tracking down the other one at the far end of it, but it's nice they often provide the layout idea on the map. Other times you have to use the "pick up this thing here from this list" function of the dungeon, rather than going over to the object, picking it up, and dragging it over to where you actually want it. It's one of the reasons I don't often use dungeons for storing stuff; I honestly find it really confusing and a massive PitA. Usually, if I'm gonna do an actual warehouse, I'll use one of my numerous Mistmoore places, and if I have to really accommodate the straining seams of an over-stuffed place, I'll toss in a couple of expanders. :-/

Probably using the Dungeon Maker system is a lot cheaper, but I just can't wrap my head around it for whatever reason. :-/

Uwk
    santargria likes this.
  15. santargria Well-Known Member

I think they might have turned this feature off - I can't drag the item, I can't select move and there is no exit point.

It's all good - works so far and keeps my mistmoores from getting out of control with "stuff"
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, good lord, if they got rid of that feature, that's it...that was one of the few things keeping me sane with the dungeon stuff. X-P

Uwk
    santargria likes this.
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

You can't just move the portal. You have to actually pick it up into the moving crate, then set the new entrance down where you want it. Make sure you place it exactly where you want it too, because once it's down, the only way to move it again is to pick it back up.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Thanks! I thought there was a way to do it... ;->

Uwk
    santargria likes this.
  19. santargria Well-Known Member

Huh, I'll try that but I don't see a moving crate.

Ok that worked - thanks Merriel - whew, was driving me nuts!
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Probably works like in a house; the minute you pick something to put in the Crate, one will appear. :-/

It's been so long since I've done that stuff myself with a dungeon, so where it winds up is anyone's guess... ;->

Uwk
    Merriel and santargria like this.