Erollisi Day Feedback and Bugs 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! :D

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Usually, I think folks that have been able to "hang it on a wall" have "cheated" through using embedded Mannequins to display them. :(

Uwk
    who firmly believes that if it's an HQ item or a Marketplace appearance item, we oughta be able to convert it...especially if it's a weapon or armor ;->
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there is one guard in Hate's Envy that will attack players from the other faction, he is in front of the bank ,but you don't need to go back there. Don't snoop around in the settlement if you are under level 35 and you don't want to die.

the shield is neither a market idem nor is it a HQ idem but we were promised that we would be able to hang it on the wall.
    I know we can count on Kaitheel , he probably just forgot with all the stuff going on.
    Finora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, man..."just" a quest reward? :-/

Good luck! :)

Uwk
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

ok got to get on test and have someone link the gooblin love note to me
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I went directly to Hate's Envy/DW to start Erollisi day stuffs! It is on a level 100 character that's never done Erollisi things before. So are there prereqs for this quest? I only see two of the normal quest giver's with feathers over their heads. Have talked to a few npcs, they all seem to be the old/normal ones always there. Also have gone to other quest hub areas, in case npc is elsewhere.

I'll go and do the other quests and see if that opens the one in DW up for her.
    Would be nice to know if there is a prereq for it. :)

EDIT - Did quest in FP and then returned to DW, found Amber and hopefully omw. Not sure I missed her when was in Hate's Envy or feather popped after that....
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Going to go with I missed her on my first go at DW. I've gone back on a different toon that hasn't done any Erollisi and Amber was there with a feather. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

She's easy to overlook when you're just scanning around, since she's inside a building. {nods} She was the only quest feather for my level 100 when I checked the minimap, so that made her easier for me to find, though.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Oh! I forgot to call it out, most likely because I did the work for it last year, but Douglas is selling "Love's Blessed Defense" (the shield). You can examine the shield (rt click it) and choose to turn it into a house item. If you already have the shield, test it out!

I just confirmed I was able to do this on Test.

Err.. that was the correct shield, right?

~ Kaitheel
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Woot! The one I bought (yesterday?) to test with now converts. Thanks! That was the right one!

(Apparently it had been working for "a while" according to homeshow, but when I bought one and tested it on Test yesterday-ish, it wasn't working. It is now. Very odd .. or maybe it was because I wasn't in a housing zone when I tried it yesterday?)
  11. Sinhika Well-Known Member

We don't have harvest ponies on Stormhold yet, and we're supposed to be getting the full Erollsi Day treatment this time around. (Yay! My carpenter and provisioner want all the recipes!)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me! Both my big project decorating Carpenters should send theirs out... ;->

Er, when the event actually starts, that is... X-P

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

on the 9th , my big Kitty friend
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, on the Hearts A'Flutter race thing, at least in Antonica (haven't tried it yet in the Commonlands with this mount):

I'd intentionally dismounted before even talking to the quest giver, and was definitely dismounted by the time I got to the "launchpad." By the time the Go! bell went off, it looked like I was back on my original mount again (the 12-Year Reward flying lion from Heroes' Festival), and its speed was, shall we say, less than usual, apparently. I still did all right, got over 110 points, but it just seemed like I was running through treacle, and my mount's appearance wasn't the usual. Plus, while I'd normally just have to get within the right time zone to get hearts (which is a wonderful thing that I love about this race! :D), this time, with this mount appearance, it seemed like I had to run them over a few times, like from within 6", relatively, to activate them. :-/

Also: can we get a more obvious sound for the obtaining of the hearts? It may just have been my settings (I'll check them and try again; which category would this sort of sound be under?), but I could hardly tell, either visually or aurally, when I'd succeeded. :-/

Definitely different from last year. :-/

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On the "I Melt With You" quest (which I love, and I think is very brave; awesome item! Doesn't say if it's repeatable/not, though :(), can we just get credit for killing those stupid things? The Tuwasp Wax Workers? For anyone else but a Fighter, it takes forEVER to kill one; they're of that stupid "you can't do anything to these things at range or under stealth, so if you're a Scout or a spellcaster, tough toodles" variety; and they're not always guaranteed to have the "item" you need, which doesn't even show up in your inventory anyway (thank goodness; one of the WoW things that EQ1-2 have never been keen on being inspired by was requiring every "item" for a quest take up room in a bag ;->). Heck, if we were just guaranteed to get the item every time (and why not? I can understand no items if the target is really grey and easily defeated [don't ask me about Centurion Belts...], but these aren't), I'd be willing to make room in my bags for a stack of them. ;->

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

EDIT: Okay, back again...did the same bit in the Commonlands, did okay (over 100), but still felt sluggish on my non-replaced flying lion. Did Commonlands again, this time after replacing my lion mount with another one (the old Ykeshan Bear! aw :)), and the proper holiday mount showed up, and it seemed (though again, this could be my imagination) to be much faster. I even managed to beat my Antonican score, in the Commonlands, which is virtually unheard of. ;->

So, yeah, I do think the mount thing is a bug. :-/

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Nope - the same as past years. If you have an appearance mount set, it tries to use that instead of the appearance of the race mount. That's all it does, is an appearance swap. It doesn't change the speed at all. The rest is perception. (Larger players and/or mounts always feel like they're running more slowly than the smaller types because their strides are larger so the animation is slowed down.) Since the flying lion is rather large, his legs move more slowly, so he can stay the same speed as a tiny one with legs-a-churning.

Not the best explanation, I know, but trust me it didn't change your actual speed any. :) If you want the race mount to show, you have to pull your mount out of the appearance slot on your mount tab first. :D
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I am seriously drooling over all the new goodies that are coming our way for this holiday event. I love love love everything. The only feedback is I would have loved to have seen the "Hinged Yellow Rose Topiary" be a crafted item since the non-hinged version is crafted. Even though I love love love love love love, did I say love, the new building blocks but was surprised not to see an oval hole in the tall and narrow dividers so that the "Oval Heart-Stained Window Pane" could be more easily used. It is much easier to tile around squares and rectangles but a pain to tile around ovals. I hope maybe in the future we can have an oval version of the new awesome building blocks.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...makes sense, especially with the perception thing (I've noticed that with Ogres vs. Fae, for instance ;->), but when I tried it later with a regular mount in both slots (Equipped/Appearance), the holiday race mount replaced it completely...could've been because both the regular mount I used and the race mount were both grounders? I hadn't tried it with a Leaper mount this time, but iirc, the last time I had, it growled at me about it not being compatible and insisted I dismount first. ;->

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ovals and circles (though I don't think we have too many of the latter), yeah! Could the Arch work, with the Oval Window(s) on its side and the rest of the Arch covered up? :-/

Not ideal, but... :-/

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.