EQ2 Video Tours Requests (Houses, Guild Halls, Dungeons)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

This is so exciting!!! Lots of people now want to do video tours! This is the new thread to use now...House Video Tours was practice lol.

Please use this posting to request a video tour of your house, guild hall or dungeon. Please keep in mind that any new player run events will have all the entries toured. If you house was previously toured and made updates, you may request a new video. We have pretty much caught up on completing videos so feel free to request more houses, guild halls or dungeons. Please only submit dungeons that are strictly for decoratoring contests/events or used as a house.

To request a tour, please provide the following information in reply to this thread:

Server:
    House Title:
    Owner:
    Decorator(s):
    Location/Address:
    Best way to contact you:
    Category (if published):
    Event Name (if applies):
    Special Notes (if any):

How this will work. Submit the info above here in this thread. Be sure to include ALL the info so we can find your house. Remember the Housing Leaderboard's Hall of Fame is huge on most servers so the actual location of the house really is helpful. Use the actual server name not old ones (if you must have old one enter Skyfire (Freeport)). The more information you provide the more people can come for in person tour and the easier it is on the videographers to complete a video tour. Make sure to have more than a month's worth of rent paid up so we have time to enter and tour. There are methods that will eliminate rent so if you are unsure how to do this please ask in Norrathian Homeshow forums or in Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow channel.

Please do not send directly to videographers listed below since not all may be still doing video tours or might be taking a break. Your request will be added to a spreadsheet that will be shared by those doing tours. The spreadsheet is viewable only to all which allows people to sort videos whatever way they want. There is a how to video on the spreadsheet. When a videographer wants/plans on touring your house they will indicate in the spreadsheet. When your video tour is completed, either a new thread will be posted or will be added to thread you started to advertise your house/guild hall/dungeon. If it a new thread, I hope that videographers can have Name of House {Video Tour} as the thread name. People wanting to comment on the video should do so in the other threads not this one so it is easier on us to organize all these video tours.

Videographers' YouTube Links
    AlauriaAB
    Baeletha
    Building Inspector
    Corisu
    EldergamerGirl
    Febrith Darkstar
    Jazabelle Wra'Eth
    Kianne of Troi
    Lunarosa
    Niboota Bloodyeyes
    Shanette Snow
    Sokaran FoD
    Sturmlocke
    Tenchigirl15
    Valzen Vid

Thanks everyone!

Oaky

Short Link to this posting: tinyurl.com/EQ2RequestVideoTour
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Here is posting made in old thread....

It is very great and exciting to see more people doing tours !!

Would you like to have a tour for my house as below?

Server: Butcherblock
    House Name: Everliving Labyrinth
    House Category: Massive
    House Owner: Oldpoint
    Designer: Oldpoint

Notes:
    This house has been published nearly 3 years. The construction contain a 2D and a 3D labyrinth. I keep wondering if someone can try these and show it with their video.

Story:
    The spaceship of Galaxy Union accidentally arrived Norrath and they discovered that there is some ancestor relic of their robot alliance. They set up a base at the relic location and start research the ancient technology of the robot.
  3. Valzen Well-Known Member

I want to join you sometime! And maybe instruct me how to make these vids. hehe Love them. Keep up the great work. *hugs*
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Gretel like this.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Server: Thurgadin
    House Title: Bellatryx's Masqurade Ball
    Owner: Bellatryx
    Decorator(s): Bellatryx (Quiarrah, Kiannarose, Suesu)
    Location/Address:Qyenos (Vacant Estate of Unrest)
    Category (if published):
    Event Name (if applies): NOTD
    Special Notes:
  5. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Submitting this one because it's the only one of mine (*I think*) that isn't on Niboota's already-existing tour list, for my homes.
    It's my most recent creation.

Server: Maj'Dul
    House Title: Candy Cane Lane
    Owner: Shanette
    Decorator(s): Shanette
    Location/Address: Shanette's Snowy Dwelling, South Qeynos
    Category (if published): Hall of Fame, Creativity - Recent, #70
    Event Name (if applies): Not for an event, but is Frostfell themed.
    Special Notes: It's a wintry village / shopping district inhabited by gingerbread persons.
    :)
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What does everyone use to make the videos with? Which software?

I think the in-game video ability was taken out awhile ago...right? :-/

Uwk
  7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Let's keep this about requesting a tour so we don't miss the requests. I will start a new thread about this.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Yachiru-san Well-Known Member

I just did a video! The Video should be up soon!

Sokaran
  9. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Yay! I was about to sit down and watch the ones I hadn't watched yet! I'm excited! hehe :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! Awesome. :)

Uwk
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Omg, I'm not trying to derail this thread, and I think it is so awesome you are all pitching in together to make all these videos of homes that have been waiting so long to get video'd...but now this forum is being flooded with so many new video's, there are simply too many to watch and I'm afraid many of them will end up getting missed. Maybe you should slow down, perhaps each individual doing a video could do one or two per week and maybe you could post them all in the same thread each week so everything important isn't getting shoved down past the first page? I absolutely love that you guys are doing this, but as we all know, too much of a good thing can become overwhelming. :)

Edit: Just found this post in another thread:

So I realize now why all the posts are being kept in their own threads, but at the rate they are being posted, they are very likely to get lost and many not viewed, which is why I suggested one per week per person doing a video and keeping them all in a single new thread posted weekly. :D
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Sounds good. ;)

Uwk
    Gretel likes this.
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Honestly...I asked and people wanted them separate. Now people want them done another way. This thread is derailed even when I asked people not to do that and there was even another thread started. I am going to finish up with my dang spreadsheet that nobody has waited for me to finish up and hand it off to someone else. It will never be good enough no matter what. I am not even going to say how much time I have put into the spreadsheet. I wasn't going to stop everyone that was super excited about helping out Niboota and doing other videos as well.

Someone contact me about taking over the huge task of organizing all of this so I have someone to send the spreadsheet which you don't even have to use.
    Geden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Febrith Well-Known Member

"I wasn't going to stop everyone that was super excited about helping out Niboota and doing other videos as well." - this ^^

And why would you? The videographers are happy and excited about doing the videos and the people having their houses shown in this way (some after waiting a long time) are happy and excited to get them out there for us all to admire. So whilst I get the point about flooding the boards right now, it will settle down eventually.

Also, personally I'm crap at spreadsheets to please keep up the good work Oaky (see my post in the other thread!)
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, it does take a bit to trickle down to the rest...like stopping a battleship on a dime, that kind of thing only works in games. ;->

Hugs! :)

Uwk
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ocarinah, you have been doing an awesome job, and I wasn't complaining about the video's themselves. I am just concerned that with so many awesome video's being posted, that many of them will end up being missed. They are already being pushed off the first page and so are other important threads. The video's are great and I appreciate that so many people are willing to assist with this project. I also understand how overwhelming all this work you have been doing with the different projects can be, and it doesn't hurt to dole some of the work out to others willing to jump in and help out. From what I've read, the concerns about so many video's being posted are not meant to offend you or the others working on this, but rather, an attempt to be constructive, so please don't read them as complaints. *Hugs*
  17. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I looked to see if I had submitted this one to Niboota's list (I hadn't) so I'm submitting it here in case anyone wants to tour it.:D

Server: Maj'Dul
    House Title: The Cat and Mouse Cafe
    Owner: Casstielle
    Decorator(s): Shanette
    Location/Address: Casstielle's Tinkerer's Isle, South Freeport
    Category (if published): Hall of Fame, Creativity - Recent, #95
    Event Name (if applies): None
    Special Notes: None
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

The spreadsheet is now completed. Did a video about what info is in spreadsheet and how people can sort the data to find what they need. For some reason it was very laggy so some of the video and audio don't seem to match up right in some spots. I totally couldn't think when telling people how to spell my characters name so they can contact me in game....Antonia_Bayle.Ocarinah or Antonia_Bayle.Building
    kianne, Oldpoint, Spextasy and 2 others like this.
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

20. Gretel Well-Known Member

Thank you for all of this work, Ocarinah! Much, much appreciated. I don't see the house I'd submitted to Niboota's thread on the spreadsheet and so am adding the info below to this thread. No worries or complaints about it not being there! I just wanted to be sure to not duplicate it if it was on the spreadsheet, so have waited to see if I needed to re-post the video request. :)

Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.