Breakout Coordinates

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Jazabelle, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats! :D

And don't quote me as an authority 'cause I'm really not sure, but if there isn't any difference between the coords for a 6-room Gorowyn with a Rent Status requirement and a 6-room without the requirement, there might not be any difference between those and the Magical Manor...I'm trying to think of Uwk's Magical Manor in New Halas as opposed to the regular 6-room New Halas places my other toons have, if the break-outs are the same. :-/

Uwk
    santargria likes this.
  2. Dragonmama New Member

I also would like some points from the prestige large houses in Gorowyn, New Halas, Freeport and Qeynos....they do not start at same location, so the listed coordinates do not seem to work. Help please????
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The 'prestige large houses'...you mean, the Rent-Free "Magic" Manors? :-/

If I recall clearly, the coordinates worked for Uwk with his New Halas place...I think. It's been awhile since I've had to do a break-out there, or at least farther than just off the back porch, on the cliff ledges. I haven't tried to go all the way down to the "harbor" and "docks" down below. :-/

Maybe I should, just to test it...after the holiday. ;->

Uwk
  4. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Are there any updates to this?

(okay, maybe I am just trying to bump the post too!)
  5. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I tried accessing this from The Decorators Resource, Guide and Links section, but it just brought up "can't reach this page" every time. So, thank you for bumping it, I needed it tonight! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

Did you try the link in my post at the end of that thread, Wizzam? I updated all the links in my post and submitted a ticket to the ticket tracker asking them to update the first post, but they haven't done that yet.
  7. Wizzam Well-Known Member

To be honest, I did not. I scrolled down until I saw the Breakout Coordinates link and clicked it. It's never given me a problem in the past, but from now on I will look. Thanks!
  8. Gracey Well-Known Member

Or... you can change the web address and replace Sony.com with daybreakgames.com.... That is what is broken
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah. Copy the URL into the line at the top and fix it, preferably before trying to go there, or you'll probably get redirected to an error page and lose the URL. What I do, when I can, is copy and paste it into my favorite flavor of word processor, the plainer the better, fix it there, then paste it into the line at the top after it's tweaked. :)

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

bumpity bump
  11. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

And just how does one "break-out" using the coordinates?? I don't get it. . . I only broke out of my Qyenos house by sheer luck! Had to have someone else break out of one of my Mistmoore Manors and my Halas Magical Manor.
  12. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Using the layout editor.
    I'd be happy to help you out if you need a breakout pad placed :)
    Gretel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Easy! Just use math... ;->

Seriously, can even do it using the old-fashioned, no-frills Notepad Method: place a Teleport Pad anywhere, say like in your living room, then save the layout, go into the file using Notepad and change the first three numbers for the Teleport Pad with decimal points (such as 123.45678911, 10.12131415, 16.17181921, for example) to the three coordinate numbers of the desired break-out point. And yeah, you can pare down those awful things to something more reasonable to work with, like 123.46, 10.12, 16.17 if you want, then fine-tune any adjustments needed (for instance, if the silly attachment point on the bottom of a Floor item wants a minimum distance of .12131415 instead of just .12; they can get persnickety...trust me on this X-P).

Hey, presto, when you load the layout file, the Pad disappears, and hopefully you can see it reappear at the desired location almost immediately (or however long it takes to get out there. I recommend another one in the living room, just to check on its partner quickly ;->). :)

Uwk
    Gretel and Chikkin like this.
  14. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I think I will just keep having someone else do it for me.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Honestly, I haven't done too many break outs, but the break outs I have done, have always been done using in game layout options. I have not had to use the layout editor yet to break out, though I'm sure there will come a time when I need to do so. Some of my breakouts have been pretty tricky to get them to work though. :D
  16. santargria Well-Known Member

I love this thread - are there any coords for guild halls or do you use the coords for the houses nearby?

For example I have a Tier 1 New Halas GH I would like to break out of - no special reason, just because....

Thanks as always in advance
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

There is no breakout for the Tier 1 guild halls that I know of. I tried to break out of a T1 Gorowyn through the window....I sorta could but it was very bad bad bad idea. All I could do is just stand there and not move cuz couldnt go much past just outside the window and had to fall to my death to get out of there cuz couldn't even move to get teleporter menu to pop back up.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Really? How? I've always just done it by number crunching. :)

Uwk
    santargria likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I tried breaking out of windows in Gorowyn, New Halas, and Kelethin (that weren't 6- or 7-rooms) and placing like long rugs and expanded sized Tiles and what-not to make an initial "floor," with varying results. Best seemed to be the 2-room Gorowyn places. :-/

Uwk
    santargria likes this.
  20. Sinhika Well-Known Member

y'know, I keep forgetting to post breakout coordinates for the Skyblade Skiff. The sterncastle is solid, you can walk around up there, and I pushed a teleport pad up there the old-fashioned way. I'll try to remember to look up the coordinates when I get home to where my layout files are.

ETA: 2nd teleport pad at: 30.33185387, 27.67629433, -71.14235687