Ability Double Cast Stat

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mogrim, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Hey there!

I see based on patch notes there is a new state coming (or at least it appears to be granted from a couple runes and Double-Up) called Ability-Double-Cast

Noting how this will impact mages (in that most of us are near cap in **Spell** Double Cast, I'm curious if it could be made so that a spell has a chance to cast "3" times - Once as normal, once from Spell Double Cast, and once more from Ability Double Cast - to me this would seem fair, otherwise "Ability Double Cast" essentially serves as further growth for scouts while mages get left behind.

Just an idea, thanks! :)
  2. Veta Well-Known Member

I'd imagine the stat is only on double up and the runes and was probably added so its easier to play with. The runes were swarm pets that caused lag and due to resolve stats were sometimes made useless. That being said, I don't think it will be some readily available stat on items.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Most likely see it introduced into itemisation at a later date and fervor runes nerfed I suspect.

But yeah for the time being, it's just making it so the scripted abilitys that did this feature are more reliable.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

I have no idea how or if they tested it. Let's see how it works with (swarm)pets and dotting spells.
    The easierst and lagfree thing would be a simple identical "double hit" for the duration of the spell (additional to doublecast) instead of the whole scripted mechanism.

We will see later today :)
  5. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the reason they tinkered with swarms the dc rune will start to work with them now :)
  6. Moooony New Member

So unless my testing is wrong, it looks like ethereal expertise no longer applies to the group and only to the owner of the rune. Well that stinks.
  7. kluxor Well-Known Member

some people are forever hoping fervor runes get nerfed....

mage with 100% doublecast > scout with no fervor runes

give me 100% CA doublecast and i'll gladly trade away my fervor rune for it, until then scouts dont stand a chance of keeping up with mages (specifically necro) without it
  8. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Got excited for nothing copy swarms still don't do any thing bar make lag post rune changes :(
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

Sometimes it seems the old mechanism is still triggering

(1484255741)[Thu Jan 12 22:15:41 2017] Expertise will cause your next spell cast to trigger twice!
    (1484255741)[Thu Jan 12 22:15:41 2017] Your Expertise has triggered an ability doublecast!
    (1484255562)[Thu Jan 12 22:12:42 2017] Your Expertise has triggered an ability doublecast for your pet!

But most times I get only
    (1484256221)[Thu Jan 12 22:23:41 2017] Your Expertise has triggered an ability doublecast!
    (1484256289)[Thu Jan 12 22:24:49 2017] Your Expertise has triggered an ability doublecast!
    Without pre message and without occuring for my primary pet

It's hard to find out which spell is doubled, but swarmpets and dotting spells seem excluded in the ability doublecast (I have not seen any of them in my logfile)

And it's far away from triggering every 30 seconds
    Ykysh likes this.
  10. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Look at yr act file for damage the swarms hitting down the bottom of it are the dc ones I believe and they hit as if the haven't crit so it's like a 20k hit , pretty op stuff unless it was change again since the server came back up . I haven't been on much it's hard to play atm moral has been low and content for mage weapon tedious.