Holiday House Exchange (HHE2017) Official Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

We now have participants signed up on all servers except for Skyfire, Isle of Refuge, Stormhold, and Test.

Reminder : the email to sign up is shanettesnow2004@yahoo.com or you can sign up via this thread. For those signing up in the thread, please make sure your mailboxes in-game are not full, as that's how you will receive your confirmation mail and assignments! ;)

~Shan
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Gretel like this.
  2. Sahbine New Member

Yay! This is awesome Shanette!. I would love to try my hand at this, as I've never participated in a holiday house swap before.I would love my alt, Shayliegh, to have an Erollisi themed house! I'm so excited!
  3. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Yay! I'm glad you're going to sign up! Should be lots of fun! :D
  4. CapBlackbeard New Member

Server Name : AB
    Homeowner Name: Archnemesis (Devilkiss's hubby. Putting this so I do not get her and her me lol)
    Home City and Address (if not prestige) : Frostfang Sea, Tundra Villa
    Holiday Requested : Brewday would be awesome, Bristlebane is cool too but please no Erollisi day

House Size Preference : Any
    Name of Server(s) you will be decorating on : AB
    Name of Character(s) you will be decorating with : Archnemesis
  5. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Awesome!!! She told us you'd be signing up. Good to see you :)
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I thought there were more people for Thurgadin???

((my agreement was that I would sign up ONLY if there was more than just ME on THURGADIN))
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Like this. . . thought there was more than 1 entry.
  8. Spextasy Well-Known Member

There is, I hadn't updated the post yet. There are 2 for Thurgadin. There were 3 previously, but someone had to back out due to RL issues. Sorry for the confusion!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Wizzam like this.
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Since I'm not actually sure what's going on with my RL commitments, I'll give it a shot...I'm willing to do up to one 4-room place on one server, or two rooms on two servers (see below), since I'm still not sure when I'll be called away to do prep for the other. :-/

I'll have to find out who, out of the Horde, I'd be willing to have not come in their house for a while (until April 30th...there's no April 31st ;->)...hmm...

Both my 100 Carpy gals (both Evil...not sure what that says about me; my only other 100 Carpy, on Test, is also female and Evil...weird) have all the holiday books needed, though I do think Brewday is probably the easiest and would be my preference for decorating someone's house. But it's up to the owners and the home dispenser. ;->

All I ask, for the sake of my eyes, is that if someone wants to do Erollisi Day for one/both of these, try to tone the PINK down a bitsy...there's only one of my dozens of toons that likes that, and someone already did a wonderful job for her on that one for the Santug swap a couple years back (Quiarrah, was it one of your alts? for Agaue? I'll have to peruse the House Book there again). ;->

I know there's only one other entry for HoF; if that person is Good, I've got one potential decoratee in mind; if Evil, another, just to make life easier. Although, both guys I'm thinking of actually live in New Halas and Gorowyn, respectively, come to think of it, so it'll be up to the decorator. ;->

Server Name: Halls of Fate
    Homeowner Name: Marcoron Kanocu (Good)
    Home Type and Location (if prestige):
    Home City and Address (if not prestige): Valor Homesteads, New Halas (2-room place to the right as you enter; the no-Status one. Extra rooms can definitely be made, if wanted/needed)
    Holiday Requested: (can put Decorator's Choice or Surprise Me!) Surprise Me! If Erollisi Day, though, this guy is a (non-SOGA) Half-Elven Ranger who strongly resembles Hawkeye in the Avengers movies. So, romantic, yeah, but homey, like something a wife might set up for him in their house for a romantic "date" away from the kids for Valentine's. :)
    --or--
    Server Name: Halls of Fate
    Homeowner Name: Salicio Vexillo (Evil [sorta])
    Home City and Address (if not prestige): Lower Tenements, Gorowyn (2-room place to the right as you enter; the no-Status one. Extra rooms can definitely be made, if wanted/needed)
    Holiday Requested: (can put Decorator's Choice or Surprise Me!) Surprise Me! If Erollisi Day, though, this guy is an Ogre Bruiser Alchemist who likes purple...a lot; it's his favorite color (goes so well with that bright SOGA Ogre green skin of his!). He's a bit shy around ladies, surprisingly (endearingly blundering at times), and is very much the academic, despite the reputation most Ogres have. ;->

House Size Preference: (if no preference, please put ANY.) 2- or 4-room; see below
    Name of Server(s) you will be decorating on: Halls of Fate
    Name of Character(s) you will be decorating with: Vdova Roamin'Off, Carpy level 100 (Evil Kerra Assassin, so an Evil home would be easier for her to get to, initially :D)

If more folks are needed on Thurgadin as well, I'll do two rooms in each server. Meanwhile:

Server Name: Thurgadin
    Homeowner Name: Lesmoeursde Epoisses
    Home City and Address (if not prestige): either a 2-room in New Halas (Valor Homesteads) or in Gorowyn (Lower Tenements); he kept both...I'll prep both of them. Decorator's choice. ;->
    Holiday Requested: (can put Decorator's Choice or Surprise Me!) Surprise Me! Although...once upon a time, he was a High Elf Swashbuckler, and now--well, now...he's a Brigand. So any combination of "Good" stuff and "Evil" stuff would work just fine, and would definitely amuse him (I may wind up making him a Bristlebane follower, with a truly nasty sense of humor. Still, I'm open to any holiday for him, though I shudder to think about Erollisi Day...). The name says it, if you know anything about French cheeses. :D

House Size Preference: (if no preference, please put ANY.) 2- or 4-room; see above
    Name of Server(s) you will be decorating on: Thurgadin
    Name of Character(s) you will be decorating with: Ratta Tooey, Carpy level 100 (Evil Ratonga Defiler; likewise)

Off to prep the houses! :D

Uwk
    Spextasy likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, got everyone done completely except for Lesmoeursde; hopefully I can get him done before the servers come down. ;->

You will send us periodic reminders/announcements, right, Spex? Gotta keep that Rent topped off... ;->

Uwk
    who wishes there were more small-sized prestige places like the Dojo... ;->
    Spextasy likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, about Lesmoeursde...let me know, Spex, what "side" my Decorator would like to use, either the Good New Halas or the Evil Gorowyn. I don't have too much in the way of holiday stuff, and currently it's all in the New Halas Moving Crate. If they want to decorate the Gorowyn, I'll move it over, as well as the Book and the House Actor.

Although, an evil holiday setting in New Halas would be an interesting spin, I'll admit...up to the decorator, though. ;->

Uwk
    Spextasy likes this.
  13. Misstake Well-Known Member

Server Name : AB
    Homeowner Name : Missbehavon
    Home City and Address: 2 Lucie Street, South Qeynos
    Holiday Requested : Any but lots of the E-day =)

Server Name : Maj'Dul
    Homeowner Name : Mystikreign
    Home Type and Location (if prestige) : Everfrost SUmmer Home, South Freeport
    Holiday Requested : Any but again love E-day

House Size Preference : Any
    Name of Server(s) you will be decorating on : AB and Maj'Dul
    Name of Character(s) you will be decorating with : Devilkiss
  14. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

(( I REALLY don't want to do another Gorowyn house . . . PLEEEEEASE. . . no. . . *begs, cries. . . sobs. . . gulps* ))
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  15. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Duly noted. ;)
  16. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

No I am not backing out . . . but I do want to let peeps know what is going on just in case I lag behind. Not that it will interfere. . but. . .

(( Those who were involved with the Frostfell exchange know that my mom landed in the hospital. She had come home and all seemed to be working out fine with the new shunt and all. . until Saturday when she had 2 falls. One in the morning and one at night when we did not find her unil my daughter and I were going to bed. We found her on the floor of my daughters room with a couple of old school project boards on top of her. She said that she had been in that "box" all morning and she had been trying to get out. This was at 11 pm. . . not morning! Well. . . we called 911 and she is now back in the hospital and not doing well at all. Her vitals are good. . . but her mind and her strength are gone and she is not eating and refuses a feeding tube. I really don't know what to do. I don't think there is much that I can do. The hospital called me last night and said that my mom wanted to talk to me. . when they handed her the phone she proceeded to tell me that she was over at a friends house and wanted us to come pick her up and bring her home. I told her No. . you are not at Jeanine's you are in the hospital. But she still said she was at her friend Jeanine's house. So. . . anyway. . . ))

Just thought I would let you know .. so If I do lag behind. . . I have a good reason. Or if I only do a minimum amount of rooms instead of what I thought I was capable of.
    Thanks guys. . .
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

Wow, I think we can all completely understand, Quiarrah. I will keep your mother and your family in my prayers, and I wish you and your family the strength and endurance to get through this very difficult time.
  18. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Oh no!..I'm very sorry to hear that! My thoughts are with you and your mother. :(

If you do need to back out to deal with real life stuff, just let me know doll, it's completely understandable. I hope your mom feels better! :)
    Gretel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

As of this point we are looking at worse case scenario. They are making her comfortable but that is all they can do. They may move her to a nursing home nearby us. . . but she is so weak, frail and malnourished that she may not have a lot of time.
    I suppose decorating houses will be my only way to console myself. So. . no. . no backing out.
    Spextasy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ow ow ow ow ow. If you want, I could share my Dad's story with you in a PM (good news was, he was 92; bad news was, he was 92), but I'm not sure it would be encouraging. :(

Been where you are, love. Hang in there. :-/

/hug!

Uwk
    Gretel likes this.