[Bug?] Oddity with AoE damage in Reaver's Remnants [Challenge]

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Quigly, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Quigly Active Member

So after running this zone a number of times, we've run into a few oddities with the AoE damage on the Residual Slime and the Spectral Beguiler. Both do exceptionally high damage to the defiler (2-3x more) in group for no apparent reason, with or without another grouped healer. Both do exceptionally high damage when the defiler is solo healing the group but much lower damage (about 40% less) when a second healer (warden with 269 resolve in this case). I'll break down the data in both instances on the spectral beguiler fight.

First Issue: Defiler taking huge hits for no apparent reason
    Spectral Beguiler's aoe Mind warp WITH defiler AND warden. Average Damage across the whole group.
    [IMG]

Here is the average damage to the defiler:
    [IMG]
    Take note that the Average hit on the group is 1.95 million while average hit on defiler is 4.6 million

And here is a pretty graph -- super high out of place looking bars are the hits on the defiler.
    [IMG]

Over 1/3 of the dps from Mind Warp is being inflicted on the defiler alone. There is no explanation for this as his resists and resolve are higher than the warden in group who is actually 20 points below the resolve threshold for this zone.

Second issue: Solo healing vs Two Healers
    The first set of data is with a defiler and warden healing the group. The following data is with a defiler solo healing (instead of warden there is a beastlord but all other characters remain unchanged)
    Average damage across the entire group.
    [IMG]
    Note here that Mind Warp's average hit is 3.7 million with 1 healer in group vs 1.95 Million with 2 healers. Total dps of Mind Warp here is 13.5 million vs 8.3 million with warden in group.

Here is the damage on ONLY the defiler (who again is taking all the heaviest hits).
    [IMG]
    Note again that the average hit on the group is 3.7 million while the average hit to the defiler is 7.7 million. And both of these number are way higher than with a warden in group (see first set of data)

Another graph to illustrate:
    [IMG]

Conclusion: Solo healing with defiler the aoe does around 40% more damage than with a warden in group without any explanation as to why. Additionally, the defiler takes 2 to 3 times as much damage from the AoE as the rest of the group. This also holds true for the Acid Spray AoE on Residual Slime. It still does way less overall, but the proportional differences are identical.

I'd love to figure out why this seems to be happening. Is there a hidden penalty for playing a chain healer?
    And lastly, why does adding a warden to the group suddenly take the incoming damage from this AoE down by a HUGE percentage? It's not a case of the warden helping keep up with healing, it's a matter of the mere presence of the warden in group making the AoE hit for less damage.
  2. TrulyVexed Active Member

Deleted as you've already ruled out resists - a reading comprehension fail on my part.
  3. Moorefallen Active Member

Did you compare Mitigation and avoidance?
  4. Quigly Active Member

Yes -- The mitigation and resolve of the defiler were comparable to the rest of the group and actually much higher than the Warden in group who was 25 points below the 290 resolve threshold for the zone. Despite this, the warden was taking damage slightly higher than the other group members, but no where near the damage the defiler was taking.

Moreover, none of this would begin to explain why the AoE from the named is hitting for 40% higher damage on average without a warden in group.
  5. Moorefallen Active Member

It is more than likely due to an AA spec then. compare those and see what they reveal.
  6. Quigly Active Member

An AA spec that increases all damage done to self by 40%? There isn't one. There are charm clickies that increase damage to self but these were not used. Moreover, why does having a warden in group reduce the incoming damage by such a large margin?

I've had confirmation from at least one other shaman who is seeing the same thing in this zone. Might be helpful to see if other healers could chime in with their experiences with them.
  7. Moorefallen Active Member

Well it sounds like a bleed through issue due to wards, or lack of them , but your guy has got all his aa in line to provide the assist for bleed through so there is no telling.
  8. TrulyVexed Active Member

Quigly likes this.
  9. RescueMe Member

You want a real conundrum?
    Go run those two nameds with a shaman, and a troub. Inexplicably, you will have to do 66% LESS healing with a troub in group, than without one. No idea why. Would love to know.
  10. Kari Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that. I noticed that over the past couple of weeks I seem to be taking a lot more damage than the rest of the group, and was working out a way to raise my hp to compensate.

In addition to the big spikes solo healing in reavers remnants challenge, I noticed that in Barons I can heal through the incurable curse on other players in the group, but for some reason I can't keep myself alive for too long if I end up with it. It was ticking on me for 18 million per tick, which was more than when another group member gets it.