It may be the end for me in EQ2

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jealyn, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Dabb Active Member

its always the same 1% of people who just like to *****, shut up or go play something else
  2. Greene Active Member

Yeah, a majority of the people on the forum absolutely refuse to listen to any negative feedback about the game. If you take the time to post why something is de-motivating you from playing, and how to fix it they just accuse you of whining or wanting things to be handed to you.

I don't want to do old content to keep up with new content. Just no, but apparently we're 100% wrong. At least we care enough to post before we drop out.

/back to TLE for me anyway :p
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. MikeySaysGo Member

Why do they call it time locked when it changes every few months more like time fast forward or something. I want a real time locked server. That is truly locked in time!
  4. Leloes Well-Known Member

I don't think debates in the forums is going to solve the problems with EQ2 because those problems are, after all, based in the way DB is handling the game. Unfortunately they don't seem to listen to the player base any longer. They seem to have lost touch with it. From what I'm seeing in the forums a great many players are very dissatisfied with the current state of the game. I see some blaming it on the soloers but I don't think that the vast majority of players place the blame there. From what I've seen it just seems that where most of the problem lies is there have been changes that have taken EQ2 away from it's roots and in a direction that doesn't go with what it is basically based on. That is DND. In some ways it is kind of like someone who is manic. It's all over the place. Just my opinion. For what it's worth.

I can understand why some people are going back to playing single player games. It's still possible to find new and old ones that are open world to play and at least you have some control over what happens to the game. Even if you want to replay the game and add more content just mod it. DB better start listening before they're down to merging the servers into one.
  5. Dabb Active Member

man this game after 13 YEARS is still kickin like a pack of ninjas lol come on now
  6. Dabb Active Member

problem is people try to change the game according to how they wanna play it instead of playing the game the DEVS developed. If you spend half as much time making your toon better with what you are given as you spend time on here complaining you might have a better player experience
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

lol 80 hours a week. sc0820 you're a never ending source of laughs.
  8. learpilot74 Active Member

No one is saying they want to jump right in or want fast rewards. We want new content if we are paying for it, not half new and half rehashed busy work. The bottom line is, this game does not have a progression in place. Or at least, a very very weak one that is imbalanced. You act as if the ethereal event had people working hard, it didn't. It was busy work that was not that long, and the rewards definitely outweighed difficulty (there barely was any difficulty at all!). Then they take the vendors out. There is no way you will push the same numbers those people do that have reaped the benefits of those who did the event. Those numbers are required for the end game content. If we are buying an expansion, we should have a challenging road that is a smooth progression to the top. If players want to go back and play the old content, that should be up to them. I know a majority of us did not spend good money on the new xpac to rehash the old. So time to jump off that high horse, not all of us are happy content lemmings. a minority here mention that the game is old, and limited resources. That is a bunch of crap. The xpac did very well. Tons of people came back. They have a very successful and lucrative cash store that people are dumping cash into (house items, kronos,etc). As Diveris stated, there is simply no other reason than laziness to send people back to old faction grinding. That doesn't even live up to "questing" in Everquest, just grinding. As for your epic, you better believe you will need the 2.0 in the high end game. There are tons of corporations that love content customers that make excuses for them. I refuse to excuse the rehash busy work. Plus, we are payign customers and have a right to "whine" or "complain" if we don't like the product provided to us. Overall we like the game, but that doesn't me you should sit down, do what you are told, like everything you get, and shut up. The other minority mentioned, well if you don't like it go play something else. That is a great business model! That is what kills businesses and games.
    Mizgamer62, Meneltel and Tharrakor like this.
  9. learpilot74 Active Member

I totally agree. His idea he can catch up is very delusional. You simply cannot. They took the means of catching up out of the game. As for grinding runes....I have killed over 40 or 50 names in 2 zones farming runes. None have dropped. I know people who have farmed names for multiple weeks with none or one drop they couldnt use. It is beyond me how anyone can defend this is good content, or good for the game overall. It will cause people to quit and eventually speed up the death of EQ2.
    Mizgamer62, Tharrakor and Meneltel like this.
  10. learpilot74 Active Member

He simply is full of it, or has absolutely no idea about the end game state of the game lol.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  11. learpilot74 Active Member

Amen brotha! Preach on....this guy has it backwards. They should be thankful for US. Keeping them going all these years.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

I think I'm paid up until August or so having bought the year sub for half price on several accounts. Me quiting now would have no effect on DBGs bottom line.

But, if the direction of the game doesn't change, I will not be buying anymore subscription or expansions based on the current borefest of gated, often trivial grinds in rehashed content.

Been playing and subscribing to EQ2 since 2009 and was subscribing on EQ1 from 1999-2007. I quit EQ1 because it got too grindy and never came back...it could happen here too.
    Mizgamer62 and Tharrakor like this.
  13. Pauly Well-Known Member

complaining about rehashed old content.. from people who didn't do it the first time.. LOL.. what fails
  14. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Wth do you know about that? Im not playing the same character i played 7 years ago. In fact none of the characters i played pre ToV exist anymore
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Season Active Member

It is possible to catch up. no ethereal rune but look at my toon in the sig and its creation date. While it isn't end game ready I can definitely get into some raids in order to get there.
  16. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

No ethereal runes, lvl13 crafter, 84 quests done. Tithe?
    Id say that you are very far from catching up
  17. Season Active Member

I've healed in raids and solo healed every zone other than the challenge. Inq doesn't require ethereals. I have to catch up with epic 2.0 for sure. Point is this is with 7 days played, probably 3 of actually playing. i'd say a month of hardcore playing could definitely get you in line to get it done.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  18. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yes, some classes can do without Ethereal runes, but the Ascension only means u aint gonna catch up anytime soon, also as u said, the epic 2.0 is a massive timesink. Its even worse if u play a dps and will need to get the ethereal runes as well
    learpilot74 likes this.
  19. Season Active Member

I see enough selling that within the month you could probably get one. But that depends on the server and when you can play I guess. I'm at 4 asenscion right now but i was gone for 2.5 weeks from when i started and didn't log in once.
  20. Season Active Member

I get the time sink, my point is just that it is definitely possible, just a pain in the *** for sure.

I don't like it, but I make it happen.

I definitely see the Epic 2.0 and anything after this expansion making it nearly impossible for new players to want to play or for anyone to come back.
    Tharrakor likes this.