Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Now I wish I'd hopped in on testing this...

Is there any chance that next year the requirement for Little Lost Goblin be set to Special Delivery rather than Gift Giving? I know I'm in the minority, but I strongly dislike the rest of the quests in that series. I went into details last year, I'm sure nobody cares anymore, and they are what they are. They're just quests I'd prefer to skip.

By the time we finish Special Delivery we've already met who we need to for Little Lost Goblin and proved ourselves willing to help out in potentially dangerous situations. Can we please move from there to rescuing the lost goblin? If all new Frostfell quests are going to be gated behind Gift Giving, it really kills interest for me, and I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Hello and hugs everybody,

I'm currently stuck on the quest "Little Lost Goblin" on live. I did everything else but the Deepice Dreams timeline (I don't own the expansion).
    I took the quest, went down, took the snow-globe, froze every mob on my path, found the gob (that I didn't know from a previous quest contrary to what his answer was), grabbed the presents, spoke to him and ported back.
    Now I'm supposed to "return to Meg" which I did, but she doesn't advance the quest. I zoned out and back in, camped to desktop and delete and retake the quest but it stucks at the same point.
    Haven't tried on Test yet as I had a UI problem to resolve first there.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I thought we got all expansions when we buy the new one .
    If I am right about this , and you have not already tried it see if you can't do the Maldura quest ,it would be really nice if you found out there is this entire zone you can go to.

o yea this year we get to go into a new place without having to have bought the new expansion.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

No, I'm on free to play still, I left in 2013, so I got Tears of Veeshan and Altar of Malice "for free" and will check those two before buying the last expansion packs.
    I can't do the Maldura quest but the NPC offered me the new quest and nothing asks for another expansion in it so I thought it was ok.
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Some good news from today's update notes:
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea like I said earlier this year they let us do the Frostfell quest even without having to buy the new expansion
    but I think that's because this is only an instance , with mMaldura you get to go into the actual zone.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, and get enough faction so you're not KoS! That was a great quest. :)

Well, okay, except for the later cultural imperialism bits, yeah... :-/

Uwk
  8. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Wait, you can do Little Lost Goblin without finishing the whole Deepice Dreams line? Meg wouldn't offer the quest to my char running them new this year. One of my mains got it from her, but I think I did the Deepice line on her last year.

Going to have to check that on a few other chars now.
  9. Eufearia Member

I can't get Meg to give me the Little Lost Goblin quest. Is anyone else having this issue? I've completed all the other quests. Except for the expansion quest. Is there something else I have to do before being offered this quest? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Apparently, since the patch linked above that fixed the quest, it isn't possible to get it anymore if you're lacking the ToT expansion (and my 2 chars who had gotten it still couldn't complete it). It's somewhat disappointing as it was a fun quest, but it'll probably become available to everybody next year as ToT should be added to the free bundle.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Eufearia like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know if anybody said thank you for that nice surprise with the extra presents
    I loved seeing Santa Glug run through town , and than to go out and find where he dropped those gifts this time
    hmm we don't have Easter but maybe we could have an egg hunt for Bristlebane .

anyway thank you for this little extra surprise .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

With all those rabbits around on the 1st? Absolutely...say they came in past the walls and guards. ;->

Uwk