Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Shmogre Well-Known Member

You rock, Mr. Ttobey...thank you for considering the idea (especially with the plethora of suggestions and already-existing list of awesomeness you guys already have).
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

TTobey,

Any way you would consider increasing the animation speed for the new Phoenix mounts? They are drop dead gorgeous mounts, but their animation gives the perception that the mount is slow. I know this is a perception thing only, but for me, it is a detracting point.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Probably not. It has to be that speed or twice that speed due to the player animations, and twice the speed looks too fast on them.
  4. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Hmm.. twice the speed eh? That'd be interesting. Oh well, they are still pretty to look at. Thanks for responding :)
  5. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'd be happy if the birds could just land. The constant flapping noise drives me nuts.
    Edelphia and Febrith like this.
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Not a big deal, but noticed that the visual effect of the Mark of the Far Seas (and possibly a few other items with a spiffy chest appearance, like the Coldain Prayer Shawl) has shifted off-center on my toons (example below).

[IMG]

(Let me know if you'd rather this got posted in the Items subforum, and/or if you'd like screenshots of other toons wearing it.)
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Well that's a weird one!
    Shmogre likes this.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

What did you do to break it?
    Shmogre likes this.
  9. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Must be my toon's awesome pecs causing the trouble...
    Edelphia, ttobey and Prissetta like this.
  10. Febrith Well-Known Member

I would not like to meet you in a dark alley Shmogre!
    Shmogre likes this.
  11. Shmogre Well-Known Member

<grin>

You should see him with the Coldain Prayer Shawl on...he's a total Techno Viking, ready to rave. :D

[IMG]
    Prissetta and Febrith like this.
  12. Febrith Well-Known Member

.....or a nightclub:p x
    Shmogre likes this.
  13. Covic Developer

Ok checking this out. I can see the file has not been touched since March 2015 when it was created. So it should not have changed. It has an offset that is always facing forward so when you walk, run, and jump it should be in the middle of the chest. When the character is standing idle they will turn their body slightly to the right. This may be why if feels moved.
    Will continue to look into this to see if something else is going one.

Dave
    Shmogre likes this.
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Thanks for that...it's really not a big deal, so please feel free to pretend I never posted it (assuming you can ignore those massive pecs up there ;)).

Hope everyone's new year is starting out well there in Daybreak Land!
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I like how Covic thinks he can just swoop in here and save the day.
    Prissetta, Katz and Shmogre like this.
  16. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Speaking of look and feel, when will faes get to fly with their own wings as an appearance? Please, turn blessing of xegony into a mount instead of a maintained spell - I'd love to be able to have that as an appearance mount instead of choosing between the wings and a mount with stats. Pretty please!!
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's a code issue and I think there are dozens of threads about it. There's nothing on the art side that can be done.
  18. Katz Well-Known Member

ttobey,
    Did you see this thread? It might be a code issue too but it is definitely a look. :eek:
    nekkid mercenary
  19. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Me again (sorry). I just had to fight a pink cube that called itself "a desert madman" in the Blades' Training Arena (instance zoned in from within Maj'Dul, where I'm standing is /way 13.39, -0.39, -3.23):

[IMG]
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It's our new player race.
    Shmogre likes this.