Holiday House Exchange (HHE2017) Official Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Greetings Homeshow and fellow Decorators!

I am formally and officially announcing the first annual Holiday House Exchange 2017!

What it is :

The Holiday House Exchange (or HHE) is a house swap that I've been considering organzing for some time now, and based on feedback and interest, have decided to announce it
    early so that everyone has a chance to decide whether or not they'd like to participate ahead of time.
    Since the 2 bigger holidays are covered, swap and contest-wise, this swap will encompass Erollisi Day, Bristlebane Day, and Brew Day.

When it is :

The swap will officially begin on February 1st and will run until April 30th. Sign ups will begin today, and I will accept entries all the way up to January 25th. *NOTE* Due to people missing the deadline for sign-ups, I will be accepting late entries until Feb 1st, which will be the absolute cut-off. (This is only applicable for those on the Maj'Dul, Antonia Bayle, Halls of Fate, and Skyfire servers....Sign-ups for Thurgadin, Isle of Refuge, and Stormhold will remain closed.) Please email or PM me your entries and prepare your homes.

Where it is :

All servers, including Test! With the exception of Race to Trakanon, of course.

Who can participate :

Anyone and everyone!

Why such a long event?

In order to include all three of the above holidays, I would like everyone to be able to acquire any new or existing items we may get for them, so for instance if a home is
    being decorated exclusively for Bristlebane Day, the decorator *should* have plenty of time to craft or purchase the items they need.

What else you need to know :

What will set this house swap apart from others in the past, is, quite simply, choice.
    The Homeowner may choose which particular holiday they'd like their home to be decorated in the style of, or if they so desire, may also leave it entirely up to the Decorator
    to decide and be surprised!

***EDITED INFO BEYOND THIS POINT***

Anyone wishing to sign up should email the following information to
    shanettesnow2004@yahoo.com :

OR

You may also fill out the below information in this thread.

Server Name :
    Homeowner Name :
    Home Type and Location (if prestige) :
    Home City and Address (if not prestige) :
    Holiday Requested : (can put Decorator's Choice or Surprise Me!)

House Size Preference : (if no preference, please put ANY.)
    Name of Server(s) you will be decorating on :
    Name of Character(s) you will be decorating with :

If you are only able or willing to do a smaller home, or will only be able to decorate a room or two, please include this information in your email. We don't want anyone feeling overwhelmed!

If you would like to decorate multiple homes, You may do so. Just be sure to let me know in the email / thread with your sign-up information. Also, if you'd like to offer more than 1 home for your decorator to choose from, you may do so as well. Include the list of homes you're offering in your registering email, and books placed in the homes.

What you need to do after signing up :

Place a book in the home for your Decorator, with all of the following information included:

Homeowner Name :
    Home Type and Location (if prestige) :
    Home City and Address (if not prestige) :
    Homeowner Class, Race, Gender :
    Holiday Requested : (can put Decorator's Choice or Surprise Me! if you'd like to leave it up to the decorator)
    Any Additional Requests or things you would like your Decorator to know :
    If offering multiple homes to chose from, include this information in the books placed in the homes for your decorator.

Rename your home to HHE17.
    Make sure to give trustee access to SHANETTE.
    Set public access to NONE.

Optional things you can to do accomodate your Decorator :

Place a guild hall door in the home.
    Place portal pads in the home, if you'd like to give your Decorator the option of breaking out.
    Use 1 or both expanders on the home, so that your Decorator has maximum item count to work with.
    Place a house actor customized as your character in the home, so that your Decorator may include you in their theme, if they so choose.
    If using a non-prestige home, make sure rent is paid for the maximum amount allowed, or place 4 treasure hoards in the home, to get rid of coin rent.
    If there are any particular items you'd like used in the theme you have chosen, place them in the home, with a request in the book for your Decorator.

Do NOT enter your home between February 1st and April 31st. You will only ruin the surprise for yourself! (If, and only if, everyone participating on a server finishes early,
    I will announce that the swap for that server is complete, and you may then exchange homes and publish, if you plan to do so!)

I will edit this post with anything else that I've forgotten or details that may change between now and the end of the sign-up period.

I will send out confirmation emails and update this thread as we get closer to the end of the sign-ups. I will not, however be assigning homes any earlier than January 25th, when the sign-up period ends.

Anyone wishing to sign up, or having questions about the HHE 2017, Can email me at shanettesnow2004@yahoo.com . I also encourage any and all questions in this thread.

Looking forward to all the holiday fun and fabulous finished results!

~Shanette
  2. Wizzam Well-Known Member

3. Rovina New Member

As a casual player who only logs in on the weekend, I would like to add that the request should be reasonable, even with the long time frame. Also consider the fact that your gifting decorator might feel burnout over this long period. It's meant to be a game after all, don't make your decorator feels stressed.
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i love the idea shanny! hmm now which house to pick... that's the hard question...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  5. Linnlyna Member

I would like to enter one of my houses to be exchanged. I am looking forward to doing this I missed the Santug one by hrs as in RL I was sick. My house will be under the name Vebad and is the Everfrost Summer home in sq. I am Linnlyna of AB and love decorating.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

This is a great idea!
  7. Gretel Well-Known Member

Am I reading correctly that there's no size restrictions on the house submitted?
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Well I will sign up on one condition. . . You have more than just ME on the THURGADIN server. If you get more let me know. . . consider me signed up unless it is ONLY me.
    (( in other words. . . if NO ONE else from Thurgadin signs up. . . I will not be participating.))
  9. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Be sure to email me all the information and get your house set up. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I will let you know if / when anyone else from Thurgadin signs up. :)
  11. Spextasy Well-Known Member

You can enter any house you want, big or small!
    However, if folks are only willing / able to do something small, They can put that in their entry and I will make that happen.:)
  12. Gretel Well-Known Member

Thank you for the reply! Any size is a bit terrifying, but also exciting. I am glad you're keeping sign-ups open for a while. I really want to participate, but probably won't know what my spring schedule will really be like for a few more weeks yet. :)
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

Same, I don't know yet what my spring semester schedule looks like, so I am going to have to wait to sign up. New semester starts in Feb. and I tend to think my classes will be more intense than the ones I have had this semester. Most of what I had this semester were like refresher courses.
  14. kianne Well-Known Member

do not worrie :) i have sent in for thurgadin :)
  15. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Good news then! So far, my only entries are for Thurgadin! :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and kianne like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thurgadin always needs love! :)

Uwk
    Spextasy likes this.
  17. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Just a reminder, I will be accepting entries all the up to January 25th, So there is absolutely no rush, for those who were worried about that. ;)
    Katz and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Post updated with new sign-up information. :)
  19. kianne Well-Known Member

i sent in email to u hun can u put me down for 2 ,im able to do 2 add me to AB and MD list aswell ill let u choose which one :) for your choice

xx kianne xx
  20. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Yessss! /fistpump