KA key quests

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Anatha, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Anatha Active Member

Anyone know the order of the keys for KA (i.e. gold, plat, and umbrite for ToT)?
  2. Ellah Active Member

Also, where the key quests are pretty please?
  3. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Definitely Tynnonium is the most common. Then Incarnadite and shadow quartz possibly? Out of 15 keys I got 14 Tynno, 1 Incarn and no SQ.

I've found 3 key quests so far. Snappy the burynai is in giant's walk, the book flies around, and the goblin nightmare is at nighttime in game only by the crypt of dalnir.
    ZUES likes this.
  4. ZUES Well-Known Member

I believe Tynonnium is the equivalent of the "gold key" from ToT. Mostly junk.

Ellah there is one from a flying book that hovers around Giants Walk thru Warsliks Woods. I did another one too but for the life of me I can't remember where I found it.
  5. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

There is also the timed Frillik tide key quest on the beach North of the Elf Gardens. I have yet to determine how to do it in the time given, considering you waste a good minute to minute and a half just getting out of the cell (With a total of 5 minutes to complete it). I haven't come even close to beating that one yet.
  6. Anatha Active Member

I did the goblin nightmare last night and got 5 keys from it. 3 Tynnoniums, 1 Incarnadite and 1 Shadow Quartz. Now to figure out where the chests are. EQ2Maps is slowly getting filled out but no chests are marked yet...at least as of last night. The 5 keys was probably an introductory offer to the new key quests unless that is the norm for all key quests in KA or the norm for just this particular key quest.
  7. Lojaak Well-Known Member

just now on AB I found a tynnonium chest in the path out of crusader's cave (near the ascension trainer in the side offshoot), a shadow quartz chest in giant's walk, and an incarnadite chest up by twark. Obviously there will be more locations, but it's a start point.

When I figure out how to submit my POI to EQ2Map, i will - I've got quest updates, names and chests marked up on my own copy.
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Ellah Active Member

Wow, thank you all! You are very kind, sharing your knowledge with me!

I will try them later

/happy!
  9. Arieva Well-Known Member

There is also a clickable plant in the elf city that gives one. That said the quest seems bugged to the point you can't complete it. The clickable crystals are not updating on the portion where you have to click 100 of them. Suggest folks verify on that and /bug report it.
  10. Shmogre Well-Known Member

If it helps, I've completed this quest multiple times with no troubles. You click the crystals themselves, which then releases glowy pink dust bits that float up and away (10 per crystal). Grab those to update the quest; you can be flying while you harvest them (sometimes they go into the tree, just fly up a bit and you can grab them as they come out). There seem to be more crystals than you need, so if some get away, head to another one and keep going.

A trick that helps a lot: the 'f' key. It's the default mapping for "Trigger Default Action"...put your cursor on the object, hit 'f', and it will do the default action (like harvest), so instead of click-click-click-click, it's f f f f f f f f f. (That was the trick that helped me shoot down seagulls in Tranquil Sea, too.)

(The funniest part is waiting for the on-screen updates to catch up...I'll have all the plants healthy and the quest completed and turned in, and it's still counting the dust. :))
    Crastinal and Prissetta like this.
  11. Arieva Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up..I wasn't seeing them. I usually run with particle effect at the absolute minimum but I've finding its causing issues this xpac which is a likely culprit to why I wasn't seeing them :(
    Shmogre likes this.
  12. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Been trying to look for the starter for this today, any tips? I'm updating EQ2Maps now with PoI and was flying around looking for this one to update.
  13. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Never mind, found it!
  14. Xellium Active Member

1. Kill an Obulus Remnant outside crypt at night 782, -128, -582
    2. a broken barrel -323, -242, -849
    3. a slain Nye'Caelona elf 308, -245, -221
    4. a dying plant -187, 91, -270

These are the ones I have found so far.
    I know there are more, can anyone direct me to their locations?
  15. Lojaak Well-Known Member

The book that flies around, and Snippy Whiskerwhipper.
  16. Xellium Active Member

Where can these be found?
  17. Yahku Active Member

Hey folks,

there are 6 key quests (there is an achievement for all the 6). I made some video tutorials for the key quests. Video-Quality is not the best and the sound is german only, sorry for that, but i mainly did it for my guildmates on the fly after receiving many questions about these quests. However, i show the quest position on map at the beginning of every video and most interesting stuff should be viewable ;)
    For most key quests there are some prerequisites, not absolutely sure about every single one (correct me, if i am wrong), but as far as i know:

• A Goblin Nightmare requires 8pm or later (night time) for the ghosts to spawn
    • A wandering tome for the Obulus Opus is only active at day time and can be tracked if you ask the greenmist guards in the south
    • Little Whiskersnapper requires his language
    • For Memories of the Frillik Tide you have to complete the Frillik Tide questline before
    • The two Nye'Caelona quests require a certain amount of positive faction for Nye'Caelona
  18. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Already been mentioned in the thread, please read previous posts.
  19. Revel Well-Known Member

I watched the video, was a good tutorial. Since I can't understand what you're saying in the video, how do you move so fast once you're in the crate? I always get stopped twice by the captain's attention, you move fast enough it only happens once.
  20. Yahku Active Member

Most probably you step in the crate while crouching, that slows you down. Except from that, try to get a feeling for the reaction time which is granted, thats roughly 2 seconds so you can use at least the half of it, giving a few more meters.