Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

big white green flying lion :)is the new mount
    can we have a pink one for Erolis day ?
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Most of these were resolved tonight. However, the art on following 4 items is still nowhere to be found:

Cool Mint Sugar Plate
    Cool Mint Teacup
    Cool Mint Teacup Stack
    Cool Mint Teapot
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Big time +1 on this! I might even do those things, were it to be done... ;->

Uwk
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aren't the Santa Glug things, usually? If they were also Heirloom, that would be more usual, though, I agree. :-/

Uwk
    Cloudrat likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is this your first time, Alenna? :)

Good luck, and enjoy! :D

Be sure to ask anyone who's on for advice...after we get done getting our Santa Glug gifties, of course! ;)

Greeeeedy Li'l Uwk
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And a black and orange one for NotD? Okay, maybe an orange and red, so as to not confuse it with the black flying lion I think we already have? ;->

At least something not as "goody two-shoes" for our Evil toons. ;->

Uwk
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The giant trees are up in Qeynos and FP, so hopefully the rest of the art will be coming...haven't checked the recipes again since then, so it may be here already. :)

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, time for my two coppers:

Kaitheel, can you please, please, PLEASE ask the Powers that we can get our Emerald Gem of Joy materials back? Please? Uwkete and the other old fart toons on Maj'Dul still have some, if y'all need the art models for them. It's stupid to have to make green items using blue (which at least isn't too far off), black, or RED gems. And it would bring the 56 slot FF bag to full circle. :-/

Also:
    After harvesting all morning (already; started in the wee hours) with just one toon so far, out of (for example) 111 harvests from the stack-of-presents node with the small red box on top (basically, the food stuffs one), I got TWO Raw Fowl and TWO Cured Ham for a ratio of 0.018 (rounded) for each. Given all the bleedin' recipes we've gotten over the years that REQUIRE more and more Raw Fowl, at the very least (not sure about any new ones for Ham; haven't checked this year's yet), and since The Bazaar and Vox servers don't exist any more (which is actually a pity; it was a good idea! :D), so DBG isn't getting a cut off the Broker sales of rare materials, can we please loosen that "random number" (LOL! no) generation up just a bit? Seriously? Worse odds than Vegas slots... They have always been impossible to find in any reasonable amount of time; since I have the Horde on many a server, I only ask that each have to gather 2 of everything possible from each node, and we're still fighting a dearth of meat mats. :-/

And yes, this year, I'm keeping actual mathematical track of the results. >:-|

Uwk

Other results:
    Stack-of-presents node with blue box: 88 total mats harvested, 2 Frostfell Outfit Patterns, 2 Gold Fabric Dyes
    Ratios of rarest mats each to total mats: 0.0227
    (granted, I'm not sure if those are typical "rares" for this node...fortunately, the recipes that demand the Outfit Patterns [and the Gold Dye, come to think] are the ones for the new armor sets...meh. It would be different if I wanted to actually outfit Da Horde in it, but a choice in the matter would've been nice. Good thing we get a 2:1 ratio on making 'em, if we don't really mess up badly :-/)
    Single large red box node: 120 total mats harvested, 2 Fancy Red Wraps
    Ratio of rarest mat to total mats: 0.0167
    (again, not sure if that's the usual, but that's actually a worse ratio than for the meats [and we do indeed have new recipes this year that need the Fancy Red Wrap]...maybe the overall numbers will improve with more harvesters)

I just thank the gods that not many recipes require these...I think (like I say, gotta check this year's recipes). :-/

Okay, whew; just checked this year's recipes; no new meat requirements. ;->

But the armor and the other new recipes are really steep, relatively. :-/
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

I've been on test before to try things out and to catch bugs so not really my first time for testing just a novice at Q & A. and I have to divide my time between my main on the live server who is a raider and testing. but I love being able to help and catch possible problems and want to be able to give enough information to help fix them.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

found a text error in "Quest Little lost Goblin" after having the magic globe take me to where the goblin went my journal changed to "find a way to get proceed safely" I don't think that that makes sense even to the Goblins.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What Gathering skill level do we need to harvest from the Present nodes in the Village? I have an 85 on one toon, and I still keep getting "You didn't get anything, looozer, you're not high enough yet." If the recipes take a crafter level of TWO to Scribe, why did the requirements for Gathering get so steep? I've been in the Village every Frostfell since 2006, and it's only been recently that the skill requirement (beyond like, 5) even existed. What happened, and can we please get back to something even the kids can handle? :(

Uwk
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

After some testing Uwkete, it's just a matter of whether or not your gathering is maxed for your level or not. A newbie character that I leveled to 4 without harvesting on got the "you didn't harvest anything" messages periodically until her harvesting hit 20.

A brand new level 1 that I summoned directly to the zone with call of the veteran to avoid leveling up on discovery xp did not get the message with her harvest skills at the default starting skill of 5. She could just harvest each no problem first go.

I then zoned that same character out into Qeynos & ran around getting a little disco to level up. When I returned to Frostfell, I started getting the "you failed to harvest anything" messages until I maxed gathering for her level.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, that's weird! :eek:

Turns out, if you go in the "correct" way, you have to have a Gathering of 95 (unless, of course, you maxxed before that point) before you stop getting those "better luck next time, loozer!" messages; at least, that's where they stopped pestering my poor guy. I imagine once you level again, you'll be getting that irritating message again until you max again or hit 95. :-/

Sounds like a bug to me... ;->

Uwk
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

It's all about what level you are. If your gathering is at the max for your adventure (or crafting if that is higher) level, then you will not get those messages. I've seen the same thing happen in other zones. If your character is level 100 and only has 375 gathering, you'd probably get that message until your gathering hit 500.

I can't say if it's a bug or not, but it's something that's happened for a long time.

I'm going to guess that I personally haven't seen it in Frostfell before, because I'm a chronic harvester and I usually harvest in Frostfell with my character that has the highest bountiful harvest.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ahhm bad news just put one of those ducks in my house and found out , they are pets ,
    I don't think any house pets were ever tradable if there are any that are tradable I would like it very much that the ducks were too.
    Otherwise can we have such adorable animals as plushies please.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes! Magic plushies, that move around a little like the cows, but stay in one freakin' spot... X-P

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

More Feedback: can we have the Tree gobbo in Gorowyn give us a choice of tree types, or have both "Good" and "Evil" gobboes there? I'd love a dead tree for my latest (i.e., youngest; I don't buy level 95 toons from scratch, sorry), with the dialogue that goes with it, but if I didn't have an Evil toon available, I wouldn't be able to get one (and I can't recall if they're Heirloom or not). Gorowyn is the ONLY true "neutral" city, other than Maj'Dul, and it's infinitely easier to get around in. :-/

Uwk
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I've got a few more Frostfell changes headed to Test:
    • Dormant Gargoyle Ice Sculpture & Attacking Gargoyle Ice Sculpture - Descriptions are appropriate now.
    • Merry Mischief - Defeating the Dilly and Billy Bittersweet should always progress the quest now, even if the mercenary is the one to deal all of the damage.
    • an alabaster pekin - No longer marked as No Trade.
    • a domestic mallard - No longer marked as No Trade.
    I am not sure when these will be on Test, mind you, but they will be coming!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

That will be included in the fix, too!

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cloudrat like this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

I have alerted the proper art gurus.

~ Kaitheel