Lag - Kunark Ascending Edition

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Neiloch, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I'm sure a good portion of this lag is due to the spike of players for the xpac and that part might subside slightly over time.

Unfortunately even in the games 'low pop' periods of the year the lag can still be quite bad, especially in any zone that see lots of traffic (even if its an instance). I was hoping since the devs like to save big changes for xpac releases we would see something aggressive in terms of a remedy for lag but as far as I can tell that hasn't happened. I remember someone mentioning a fury(druid?) ability might have been causing some problems but I'm not sure if that was confirmed or fixed.

So to inform those who need to know that lag is still around for this xpac and any reports of extreme lag and what it may be related to I have made this thread.

As a bonus I have written a jingle based on the 'Log' commercial from 'Ren and Stimpy.'

What screws up raids,
    In the night or the day,
    rolls over your shaman's dog?
    What makes it harder to fight,
    and is a horrible sight?
    its LAG LAG LAG

It's LAG, LAG
    Its high, its frequent, it sucks.

It's LAG, LAG
    Its worse than slow, I'm stuck!

Everyone hates the lag.
    We all feel the lag.
    C'mon and fix the lag.
    Everyone dreads the lag.

LAG, from DBG.
    Tsurupettan likes this.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

OMG I can never unhear that.:eek:
  3. Canth Active Member

Gee, thanks, Neil. Now I'm going to be singing that forever lol.

Whoa, whoa, whoa......we proved that it wasn't me when it was brought up back when. I think it's one of my group mates but if I out him here, he'll stomp me good.
  4. Tekka Well-Known Member

Unless the servers are suddenly unable to handle standard normal prime time numbers from a couple of years ago, then no, it's not a small spike of returning players. And it won't resolve itself once those players have gone. Lag issues have increased steadily over the past year with each update (or for no reason at all) with less players.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

It's almost as if they are getting DDOSed again.
  6. Tsurupettan Active Member

I haven't encountered any major lag issues yet, either solo or in heroic groups. Is this something you're seeing primarily in raids? I didn't raid after AoM, but I very distinctly remember encounters just completely locking up for minutes at a time until the game decided to catch up.

I play on Maj'dul too, fwiw.

Also thank you for the adapted jingle, that's fantastic.
  7. ZUES Well-Known Member

About 3-5 seconds into the fight there is a massive lag spike that happens. It gets better but occasionally there is up to a 2 second delay on abilities. I've only seen it in raids. It got to be class abilities. I'm guessing dumbfire pets.