Wrapping Up Race to Trakanon Server in January 2017

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rivenly Well-Known Member

I normally play exclusively on Stormhold, but I did level a few crafters on RTT. I am very happy that the characters I created will be able to transfer to Stormhold. In addition, I welcome wholeheartedly any RTT who wish to join Stormhold. They had a much more difficult time leveling up early on without writs and vitality pots. If they are enjoying playing with all of the more difficult mechanics in place, they should definitely be able to continue to do so. Stormhold, while still active, did lose a few people to live for the new x-pac. I am sure many will return, especially for TSO, but the more the merrier!
    Forklemt, Sinhika and Kittybock like this.
  2. Sinhika Well-Known Member

That isn't working for me. OTOH, this is a work computer, so some scripting may be blocked.
  3. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Sorry, Schmetterling. I'm a cranky old lady who gets annoyed easily. ;-)
  4. Adevil Well-Known Member

Sometimes right click and opening in a new tab or window does the trick.
  5. Forgul New Member

there are a lot of pissed off people in stormhold with the transfer from trak you are going to loss a lot of people if this happens
  6. Adevil Well-Known Member

Are they giving any particular reasons as to why they are upset?

Edit: Discoveries are not an issue since they were not enabled on Race To Trakanon.
    Spindle and Surgeon like this.
  7. Rivenly Well-Known Member

Really? I haven't talked to a single one that is upset- the opposite in fact. All I've talked to are quite happy about it. I can't think of any legitimate reason to be upset honestly. It was the same ruleset.
    Phee2, Spindle, Surgeon and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sinhika Well-Known Member

I'm fascinated by the brand-new "New Member" with no posting history whatsoever except for this thread showing up to tell us that "lots of people are pissed off on Stormhold". The smell of stale socks is strong with this one....
    Juraiya, Naramsin, Raff and 1 other person like this.
  9. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Hey, it works! Thank you, Adevil.
  10. Surgeon Active Member

[IMG]

Sometimes I just don't even...
    have the words to express my disbelief at some people.
    Stormhold is such a busy server that you would absolutely not welcome new players.
    Be afraid of everything foreign and unknown.
    BUILD THAT WALL
    BUILD THAT WALL
    U S A
    U S A
    U S A
    U S A
    THEY MIGHT HAVE MORE ACHIEVEMENTS!
    ERMAGERD!!1
    If that's your biggest problem, congratulations.
    Here's news: It won't make a difference.
    At. All.
    Repeat after me.
    It
    will
    not
    make
    a
    difference
    I
    will
    gain
    more
    opportunities (slowly, it's a long word op por tu ni ties, don't confuse it with Corp Por, that's from UO)
    at
    everything (that's the opposite of nothing)
    with
    more
    players
    full stop

Unbelievable.
    I wonder who came up with this nonsensical idea.
    From the 50 some players who are still active on RTT not even half will continue playing.
    I don't know why I even bother.
    Juraiya likes this.
  11. Adevil Well-Known Member

There's always the folk who go for the ruined economy shtick. "They sold krono there for <insert value>, they'll bring it here and ruin the economy, woe is me!!!"

Honestly, I can't think of any valid objection either.
    Spindle likes this.
  12. Adevil Well-Known Member

Yay!!
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have never played on Stormhold and never will. I play exclusively on AB and my husband and I did grind our way through a ton of RtT content and crafting and harvesting. We did not give up whining it was too hard. I have accounts that were created on November 04, 2004, I have played from launch forward so the RtT ruleset was not something I had not experienced before.

I hear more whining from the Stormhold crowd than anybody else, give it a rest already. You did seem to get City festivals and such that you were never supposed to get. If you cannot handle people coming to your server that did a grind to get where they are at, you should not being playing any multi player game, grow up.

Cyrrena
    Juraiya, Patchkit and Toxify like this.
  14. Sinhika Well-Known Member

What are you quoting me for? I'm all for transfers from RTT to Stormhold! There's like 3 people no one on Stormhold has heard of complaining.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  15. Tru of Guk Member

To those worried about players having some sort of advantage by having played on RTT being transferred; I play on both RTT and Stormhold. There is no advantage to any toons that will transfer to Stormhold. My characters on SH are much better geared and have way more masters than any of my characters on RTT. I will enjoy having a larger population for one. Not sure who the one guy was talking about that said a lot of people are complaining but i have been running zones all day on SH and have seen maybe 2 people even mention it.
    Patchkit and Phee2 like this.
  16. Golconde New Member

So when is the next race going to happen 0_0
  17. Sumgee New Member

I play on Stormhold and I say this:

If you even have a passionate opinion about this topic please remember that arguing om the internet is like running in the Special Olympics (google the rest, I don't want to end up on Drunder :p)
    Tru of Guk and Phee2 like this.
  18. Kcool005 Active Member

The people I've played with on Stormhold, including my guild on Stormhold are happy that RTT is coming over, so idunno who these people that are crying about it are? because i haven't seen it.. besides 1 guy in this thread. lol
    Juraiya and Patchkit like this.
  19. Naramsin Well-Known Member

What transfers over when we get transferred? Will I need to get everything out of my house, house vault, broker bags, and bank and load them up in my inventory? Or does my house, etc. copy over to the new server exactly as I have it on RtT server?
    Patchkit likes this.
  20. Ishuna Well-Known Member

I can understand why some stormhold people are concerned, but I'm very grateful and happy I'll be able to have my rtt characters go to stormhold. I have four, each in 30ish adventure and 30ish crafting. I didn't want them to go to any live server. I was surprised but I really loved the gameplay etc and didn't want the harder work I did on them to be made insignificant by the setup of live. I liked it so much, I made two characters on stormhold that I've been playing full time. It means a lot to me to be able to have my character herd all together (that I can't see having any negative affects on stormhold) I'm sure there's more like me that just want to be able to continue to enjoy rtt characters in a similar server enviorment.
    Patchkit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.