HOW TO CLEAR THE OBULUS FRONTIER BOAT KEY QUEST IN UNDER 5 MINUTES.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kielex, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Kielex Well-Known Member

Hey guys I made a tutorial on youtube for those who have been having trouble doing the key quest. Added a bunch of slides with some tips on them. hope it helps, I heard alot of people were having trouble with it :)

2. Naneeje Well-Known Member

It's people like you that make this community the best. Thank you for the tutorial.
    Where I was hanging up was the crate. I was going way to slow in the crate, had to wait for the caption twice and that just took too much time. I also see where you ran instead of crouch, that will help a lot. Great job for posting this. I'm sure more will really appreciate it.
    Griffon Lady, Lateana and Kielex like this.
  3. Kielex Well-Known Member

These kind words are really appreciated :)
    Griffon Lady and Lateana like this.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

Thanks for the video

I would much rather have heard you narrate what you were doing rather than that music - which I did not find enjoyable at all but that's just me - next time I watch it I'll just turn off the sound
  5. Kielex Well-Known Member

only reason I didn't use voice is because there is a loud buzzing in my microphone when i try to use it with the recorder. sorry man. thought music was more enjoyable then bzzz lol
  6. Lojaak Well-Known Member

That's awesome. It still look like it really cut close. Does the captain still path on the timed one? Because if he does and you hit it wrong, you are going to be wasting time waiting for him to path back. I still think 5min timer is insane.
  7. Kielex Well-Known Member

lol finished with 1min 12sec left on a 5 min timer, I think we did okay :)
    Chikkin likes this.
  8. Chrol Developer

Looks like I have to reduce the time by 60 seconds...

Just kidding. Grats and nice video Kielex!
    DoomDrake, Jrox, Lateana and 5 others like this.
  9. Kielex Well-Known Member

thank you chrol :)
  10. Malleria Well-Known Member

Nice video. Where do you pick up the timed quest for the boat? I've done it as part of the Adventure and Crafting timelines, but didn't find a timed version.
  11. Kielex Well-Known Member

I'll go to it and take a screenshot of my map one sec :)
    Griffon Lady and Malleria like this.
  12. Kielex Well-Known Member

13. Kielex Well-Known Member

ooops didn't mean to post the barell screenshot
  14. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Hush you ;) I like the quest, don't make me hate it ;)
    Griffon Lady and Kielex like this.
  15. Lucus Well-Known Member

OP good job on working it out and making the video. i enjoyed figuring out myself how to do it fast enough. doing the usual frillick tide quests before the timed one is a good place to practice too.
    Kielex likes this.
  16. Ellimist Active Member

Excellent video. I haven't tried running it fast yet but I'll watch this beforehand as I like having the option to run the boat.

Much better use of the boat than it was in Beta.
    Kielex likes this.
  17. Kielex Well-Known Member

Appreciate all the support :)
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  18. Noizette Active Member

You can be even faster as you don't need to stop and kick the 2 deckhands off the crows nest fyi.
  19. Kielex Well-Known Member

good to know
  20. Lucus Well-Known Member

Just looked at your video got some of tips you may have not thought of or mentioned.

1)totems of sabertooth last 30 minutes, the timed quest is about 5m precast it before clicking the starter.

2) you can see part of this in your video if you look carefully. if you have the right filters in a chat tab you can have 'you recieve x item' and npcsay on in a special tab to speed up the part where you have to combine the pick and the rope, you can click the link in chat to get the popup rather then open your bags and npcsay for when in the crate getting past the captain. parhaps you could macro an examine or use item to speed this up further.

3) you could try /cancel_maintained (name of crate illusion) in a macro to pop out of the crate faster by pre-positioning your mouse pointer (when sneaking past captain)or moving the macro to a key that is fast to access on a keyboard.