Battlegrounds, Battlegrounds never change…except when they do. [BG Beta Feedback Thread]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Caith, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azian Well-Known Member

Wondering if I'm missing something here. I zoned in to Champion's Respite at lunch and was alone with only the quest giver npc. No other players or NPCs were present. I couldn't pull up my AA window. Some of my AA abilities were active such as Time Warp and Enchanted Vigor but others were greyed out on my hotbars such as Chromatic Illusion among others.
  2. Exur Well-Known Member

That would be the mythical "white" team you found yourself on. You were given invulnerability as if you were an avatar of Norrath... who couldn't actual hurt anyone. This legendary team has existed for many years, evading it's captures time after time.

...in summary, it's a long standing bug.
    Siren likes this.
  3. Justbecause Active Member

What is the required number to activate a ganak match. I keep getting gears and its extremely boring 2 v 2 or 2 v 3. I could care less about smugglers but I want me some good ole ganak!
  4. Busko Glads

i know this is beta but is a joke how can we test anything when its so broke i mean come on ffs im a necro and getting killed in like 2-3s by swashy. pet casting time takes like 10s spells take for every to cast and the dmg for some classes are way out with other classes.

at this point i am 100% sure they really dont know how to fix the BG before the BG was not that much broke it was just the OP gear and AA spells.
  5. Justbecause Active Member

Well I think if you remember how it was right before the matches died off everything was about how much potency you had (maybe 1k was a lot then?). Think about that with the current gear. If you correct base line damage you will get a better end result after adding 10k+ potency + a whole new stat (fervor). If PvE players are going to be involved they are going to want to use the gear they are wearing. /shrug makes sense to me even though some are at a disadvantage in the beginning.
  6. Exur Well-Known Member

Caith, Fix the AA abilities in BGs. pointless fights without them.
  7. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Also finally make the focus damage from the relic in gears able to be healed by wards and reactives again like they were long ago...no one carries a pocket druid around.

In addition please learn from the mistakes on the pvp tle server with regards to balace and classes and AA's...
  8. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I tried playing bg's with some toons other than my lvl 100 and it seems like scaling is still broken. Everyone was red (no not because they were on the red team) and when an enemy died, it said my level was too far below theirs to receive credit. I just don't understand why we are smothering everyone 30-100 together, especially if scaling doesn't work. These changes seem so odd. All that needed to be done at the start was fix the current bugs in bg's, separate bg's into appropriate level tiers (30-89, 90-99, and 100 or 90-100). So many odd changes and additions that no one has asked for and they don't seem to be benefitting bg's very well.
  9. Justbecause Active Member

I personally think 90-99 is better. The difference between 90-100 is pretty close to 30-89. Next to no chance what so ever. I agree that the tiers should stay. I do remember seeing people running 89's around before the matches died off but it wasn't enough for me to consider adding them to the 100 playing field. Even now when I go in there I still don't see anyone below 95. Must have missed when you took yours through.
  10. Exur Well-Known Member

lvl 100 only... stop messing around with scaling. Just simplify this and get lvl 100 right. If there is time after 100 is good/fixed, then consider tiers or scaling. This game is over a decade old, there are no new players to help out. If you want level locking for BGs, great... do it later. Till then stop complicating things and just focus on lvl 100 BG combat.
    Satyr and Azeren like this.
  11. Justbecause Active Member

I get why they are doing it I just wonder if it will have a greater outcome doing it that way? Lots of people might want to experience PvP that never have and thats fine. I am all for getting more people involved but imo no matter how scaled/balanced it is the experienced players will always win no matter what. They generally have a better idea of current mechanics and tricks.
  12. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

As much as this sounds targeted at me, I agree that they should stop messing around with scaling and throwing everyone in to one bg. Tiers are there for a reason. Thanks
  13. Exur Well-Known Member

Wasn't targeted at anyone, just saying to stop messing around with scaling or even tiering till lvl 100 combat is even remotely decent.
  14. Indira New Member

Some things have already been covered but here are some notes:

1. Zoning into BGs has a high chance to disable one or more of your AAs trees. Sometimes Prestige won't work, and everything else will. Sometimes Dragon and Subclass will work, and nothing else will. Completely random.
    2. Zoning into BGs has a 95% chance to strip your buffs when you zone in, but in the 5% of cases where it doesn't, you are able to bring your mount into BGs, allowing for numerous stat advantages.
    3. Playing and completing a match still does not reward tokens. The daily quests, however, do.
    4. Picking up the relic in Gears of Klak'Anon under certain circumstances will kick you out of BGs and back to wherever you zoned in from. This seems to happen 100% of the time if you are the only person on a given team.
    5. Level scaling is non-functional. A level 95 will con green to a level 100, and just explode instantly the moment a level 100 looks at them.

Non-bugs that I think should be looked into/changed:

1. Charm abilities have ridiculously long durations in BGs and it is, game breaking to allow them to be this way.
    2. Numerous abilities (Unda Arcanus Spiritus, Blinding Shock, Grand Finale, Harm Touch, essentially any extremely high damage single-hit ability) are doing upwards of 30k+, although the average is closer to 15k, leading to numerous "one-shotty feeling" scenarios. Some abilities are hitting as hard as 150k in certain circumstances.
    3. Shadowknights feel nearly invincible. They do damage on par with DPS classes while simultaneously negating ludicrous amounts of damage via stoneskins. Unknown if this applies to Paladins as well.
    4. Beastlord stoneskins (Northwind Barrier) and other abilities with PvP-adjusted durations are still keeping their maximum durations if they are pre-casted before engaging in PvP combat.
    Twinbladed likes this.
  15. Justbecause Active Member

Number 1 is really random. Sometimes I can even use prestige abilities one time and then they are gone. I noticed for #2 that if you zone in from outside Champions Respite your buffs will come off. Every time I joined a match from inside respite I was able to keep my buffs. I am also not sure if it was intended but the damage on the relic seems to be the same damage as before our scaling buff. Healers or tanks with healers used to be able to hold the relic in Gears for hundreds of points and now it seems that 150 is the highest I have seen. The damage I do on a bard to anyone below 100 is pretty significant. As far as classes go I haven't been mezzed or charmed yet. But I was easily able to handle SKs/BLs/and pet classes. Sorcerers have no chance what so ever though. I can usually kill them before their second spell. I understand that the cast speed is disabled to balance it but I can't help but feel bad for them and their inability to test the beta. I think cast speed would be the only thing I would let go to 100 (capped). Just so they have the ability to test all of their spells as well.

Biggest thing so far is matchmaker. Is there anyway that can be adjusted? I went into 3 matches on the weekend and it was 6 v 1. The 1 guy leaves obviously and no testing happens and discourages players from coming back. I am not sure about the other 5 on my team but they all had Thurgadin tags so could have been in a party, but it should have at least put me on the opposing team to try to have even teams.
  16. Jachin Active Member

Also, it is extremely, EXTREMELY annoying and frustrating to have to rebuff on a 0% AA casting speed class.
    Match making was always buggy, please find a way to properly distribute healers/tanks/dps/util across groups.
  17. Ishtara Well-Known Member

About charm...

[IMG]

It's waaaay to long, if this guy hadn't picked up the relic I would have been a captive for half the match, it's really bad. To my knowledge charm didn't used to work in BGs? I am fine with people being able to use it, but the duration needs to be adjusted.

I was playing last night too, the people you are talking about was a guild group of four, there were two and then they brought two more so that wasn't actually an issue with the matchmaker that time but it is not working properly. Since we only had two on our team you should have been put with us since they were all grouped (our team is the same guild but we were queued solo to try and help things stay balanced). It seems like a chain reaction issue related to gears. The matchmaker puts everyone except one person on one team, having only one person on a team seems to trigger the relic bug and that person gets booted out when they try to pick it up. Luckily last night there were enough people that the matchmaker was forced to put more than on person on a team and the relic bug wasn't an issue.
    Justbecause likes this.
  18. Justbecause Active Member

Back when there were a lot more players involved it was probably not so much of a big deal since matches would completely fill every time. But without that something will have to change. I think they should do it by server. That way the EU players can be on the same team to communicate and like wise with us since I was stuck with germans mumbling something, something, something, SoE. That charm is pretty nuts if it truly works that long. For the purpose of having real PvP I agree that mez and charm should work in there. Tuned down would be good. I haven't myself tried to charm/mez, its simply not on my hotbar anymore since the death of Naggy. I will have to test the trouby version to see how bad that one is.
    Ishtara likes this.
  19. Bendark New Member

Unda can 1 shot players, even tanks
    Death Touch clicky works and hits for about 40kish (most players have about 100k hp)
    Ishtara likes this.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

How's the beta going?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.