Error on Startup - unable to download

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tetrol, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Otter New Member

found the right .exe file and got it working. Good Luck Daybreak on fixing your patcher. >.<
  2. santargria Well-Known Member

Same problem here
  3. Ukob New Member

Yeah one .exe is to the patcher the other is the bypass
  4. Lazarus New Member

Copied the game folder from a computer that EQ2 still ran on and that did the trick.. for whatever reason.
  5. Algarrana New Member

How long will this be down, I tried an hour ago and still get the same message, error files cannot be downloaded. Am I doing something wrong?
  6. Bemep New Member

During launching the game this message has appeared.
    "
    Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable - No data (11004) - http://eq2.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/eq2/eq2.sha.zs/06/688/58b4e442a78e58e24b43533

"

It seemes to me the launcher can't perform updating process
    "Updated File List:
    Checking game installation...
    Found 2 file(s) to update.
    Creating UI/fonts/KABOG___.TTF.fot
    *Warning: Retrying UI/fonts/KABOG___.TTF.fot
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable - No data (11004) - http://eq2.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/eq2/eq2.sha.zs/06/688/58b4e442a78e58e24b43533ed1041b24c9e
    Checking game installation...
    Found 2 file(s) to update.
    Creating UI/fonts/KABOG___.TTF.fot
    *Warning: Retrying UI/fonts/KABOG___.TTF.fot"

Who can help me with this?
    Thanks!

7. Malombra Member

I logged directly by the client, bypassing the launcher. It seems launcher have some issue.
    Bemep likes this.
  8. the907snowman New Member

was playing fine with the exe way... I made the mistake of loading into a house and then crashed,,,,, grrrrr daybreakkk wake up and fix this!
  9. Bemep New Member

It's working =)
    Thanks a lot!
    Lucky gaming =)
  10. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

That worked for me.

For those who aren't sure what that this is, open you eq2 file, and go the blue EverQuest 2 icon. This bypasses the launcher.
  11. Aeriel Active Member

This usually works fine but not if you last played on the US server and are trying to log into the EU server...
    Febrith likes this.
  12. Moli New Member

I cannot start the game with exe file way either.
    Anyone has any other suggestions maybe I can try?
  13. zoee New Member

14. Paladdine New Member

The Everquest2.exe works fine to log in til you try to zone to a zone you don't have downloaded yet and then you're done, crash and cant log into that toon.
  15. Paladdine New Member

The work around using the Everquest2.exe instead of launcher works fine until you try to zone to a different zone that you havnt downloaded yet and then you crash and can not log into that toon.
  16. Brujita Member

Same here. Unable to play. Any suggestions? Is this getting fixed?
  17. TeamB Member

ERROR

There was a problem getting the list of files for download. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.

Seriously ? After we couldnt play the game for 30+ hours just a few days ago, this gets old fast.

18. Leiff New Member

When I run and login via the launchpad I get the message:
    ERROR

There was a problem getting the list of files for download. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.
    When I try the work around I've seen mentioned (run the EverQuest2.exe file as administrator from my Everquest 2 folder) I get the message:
    Fatal Error
    Everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must be shutdown.
  19. Sanguimane New Member

20. Lani New Member

Please tell me its getting worked on. I have tried everything and still cannot play, time is passing.