Error on Startup - unable to download

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tetrol, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Tetrol Well-Known Member

2. Tetrol Well-Known Member

After about 10 attempts, posted this then the next attempt it worked lol - seems to be updating ok now
  3. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Seeing the same thing here now. So far have not been able to get in.
  4. Mooeth New Member

This is the error I am currently getting Error: Unable to download SocketError:Retry - Try again (11002)

This is very strange as I was able to log into EQ2 two hours ago just fine and have not changed anything on my computer since then
  5. blueangle Member

Same problem here, same error message. Was working fine about 12 hours ago. But I can get in using the exe file.
  6. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Yeah not sure what's going on, I get " ERROR

There was a problem getting the list of files for download. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes."

But I was able to get in using the EverQuest2.exe from the eq2 folder.
    Liltae and DoomDrake like this.
  7. Airwalking New Member

Getting Same Error : "
    There was a problem getting the list of files for download. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.
    "

But you can Start Eq2 via Everquest2.exe insted and i can log in through that.
    Hope that helps .

Airwalking.
  8. Mooeth New Member

Yes I am able to get in using the Everquest2.exe just make sure to use that one and not EQ2.exe as I tried the first time (that just opens up the launcher).

Thanks for posting that
  9. Febrith Well-Known Member

I'm getting the same error "Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable - No data (11004)" - I'm sure that means something to somebody!
  10. luxxxaeterna Member

I got the same Error too :(
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

I logged in just fine. *shrug*
  12. Labruja New Member

I've uninstalled the game because of this error - There was a problem getting the list of files for download. Unfortunately before I read these posts. Now there is no EQ2.exe to take me beyond the problem of trying to download the game. A little help would be appreciated.
  13. Labruja New Member

Not exactly helpful. :(
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

Of course it's helpful. It shows that the problem isn't a complete system-wide problem, which helps in troubleshooting.
    Adevil and Lojaak like this.
  15. Lawen New Member

16. Deathtognomes New Member

SO maybe the server(s) are getting DDOS's again.
  17. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I see ....sony.com in the above-mentioned URL link. I thought that sony.com has been already replaced with ...daybreakgames.com wherever appropriate.
  18. Subtle New Member

Had same issue for last 4 hours - raised a ticket with support which was kindly pushed back awaiting my comment but with no info from them to resolve - assuming we will have to wait till normal working day for devs to rectify
  19. Laaw Well-Known Member

yep been having the same problem with both accts
  20. Thundahamma New Member