Battlegrounds, Battlegrounds never change…except when they do. [BG Beta Feedback Thread]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Caith, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exur Well-Known Member

You can review my previous post if you want... but I'm not asking them to do anything but restore the zone if the above steps were taken. What they are "attempting" to do now is not possible with their current focus. What I'm saying over and over is put it back to when it worked and STOP breaking it with new PVE gear. Everyone in Overseer gear and PvP adornments, all that needs are Prestige tweaks and it's great combat.
    Nevermind likes this.
  2. Twelvetrees Member

BG's might end up like Nagafen and Deathtoll if they don't at least try to make it inclusive for blubies. It was pretty fun having the elite guilds participate so you have to throw them some kind of bone i.e. Let thier gear work in some fashion. If the team didn't have the resources to make this work they would just decide out of the blue to go down this road.
  3. Kojacke Active Member

Incentive to play the Beta is the adorns.. no one is there... during American prime time.. so no one can get the coins so no one can get the adorns.. Same problem I had in going back to get coins for appearance armor before. If you're the only person in there, it will not start, it'll count down and final at 0-0.
    Tekka likes this.
  4. Rhoks Active Member

I feel like the main goal of DaybreakGames, is to live up to their name and continue to break games. They have somehow managed to break this game more than they have fixed it. BGs Included
  5. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

It's not rewarding coins, so I'm not bothering. Once it does, then I'll go back. They can tweak it all they want, but not playing BG's for absolutely no reward whatsoever.
    Meshaw and Tekka like this.
  6. Meshaw New Member

Caith,

Will we be getting any information or updates about the tokens any time soon. I have a suggestion, have an in game poll sent out by mail for Battlegrounds.
  7. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

For channelers the group intercept does not work, it is greyed out and wasn't able to cast it, only the single target one works.
  8. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Ok, so just logged in again and now it works ...
  9. Xianthia Well-Known Member

This is me as well. I was there the first day. Not getting any coins doesn't give me incentive to go and do stuff in BGs.
    It actually was fun, but think about how much more fun it would be with coins as rewards!
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

It's funny hearing people say, "If there's no reward, I'm not doing it." Theoretically, there are a bunch of people who want BGs, which is why it's in beta. The reward will be getting a good BGs back. Or am I missing something?
    Raff likes this.
  11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I usually like doing things in the game not just for the rewards. Sometimes it's the story, sometimes it's the character, or completely random reason that drives me to do different things in game. The BGs I feel differently about, they are fun, but I'd like to get the rewards and only way to do that is once the coins are in. I'm hoping things will be super active once rewards/coins are in place. :)
  12. Exur Well-Known Member

it's "beta". I never saw the NPC vendor with adornments as something earned/rewarded for just participating in a beta... I thought they were the rewards being tested/viewed for eventual live battlegrounds. If they are intended to reward people for participating in a beta then cool I guess. Like most "betas" the reward is a polished release... which doesn't look likely here.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The npc has the currency listed as "beta bg tokens" or something close to that. It's what led me to believe we are supposed to be getting them. I'm on the wait and see when/if they get put in :)
  14. Tomshindo Active Member

Yesterday, I played BG beta with my friends for 3hours after raid. Yes, it was very fun for us, there is still no reward though :p

There are two things I'd like you to improve or, just I want to confirm.

I cannot avail AA-spec window at BG lobby
    This is uncomfortable that we cannot see and use AA window at the lobby, since we want to moderate it after match and I want to know how the AA affects the character on BG server.

And there are some arts and spells in AA I cannot use on BG beta server.
    Here follows as: mantis leap, pressure point, crane twirl...
    ah now I see all the effects of KoS AA are disabled, aren't they?
    Thank you.
  15. Alarra Well-Known Member

Caith, can we please have an update on the direction for the BG's.
    They seem to have changed quite substantially from the first post.
    As a tester, what are the things that are working as intended? These changes I have seen with my eyes but not really seen much in the way of notes.
    • Are AA's going to be disabled during BG's now?
    I noticed that I could use Prestige Abilities but could not use AA abilities such as Manaflow which is an Enchanter tree first abliity
    • How are blue stats being handled? Are we being baselined? or are specific stats being 0'd? If they are what stats should we be looking at to ensure that they are not in the unintended area?
    • I noticed I can now get quests for each of the zones from the quest guy as opposed to a rotating system. If it is the case, maybe just make the quests auto add. This did not seem to include Balance of Theer.

If you could, could you add the updated Ruleset to the Original Post(With and update date of course)?
    Once we know what sort of thing we are looking at we can probably give you some clearer feedback rather than simply opinions.

I haven't been able to test BG's due to lack of people playing them, We need to either organize as a community to test them or those quest rewards need to start adding tokens. Either way, we don't have enough data on the current ruleset to test effectively.
  16. Tomshindo Active Member

Rewards now works correctly. But I have still problems in AA. Some spells/arts are often disabled at BG, which are added by AA configuration. I believe re-logging will work after going back from the lobby, but it's uncomfortable to zone over the server again and again because it takes a little time.
    I hope it will help you.Thank you.
  17. Ishtara Well-Known Member

Gears is still really buggy. I got a match and got booted back to home server instantly after picking up the relic, left with truancy.
  18. Ishtara Well-Known Member

Getting a lot of matches this past hour, anyone is welcome to join, fast queue :)
    Azeren likes this.
  19. Justbecause Active Member

The damage is no where near close between the classes or at least in the matches I was in. I inspected the person I was fighting and they had significantly better gear than me on a higher dps class but couldn't compete hardly at all. Also it might not be recording defiler damage but I was receiving serious damage from one and at the end of the match it shows they did very little damage total during the match. Is the scoreboard just not picking it up?
  20. Tomshindo Active Member

There is a very funny story here. It took place right before.
    I formed group with friends and put the group queue. My friend invited the other guy, who had put solo queue.
    What caused us there are allies and the enemy in one group, which made us peaceful on that round.
    All players who came after us was also put into this group, so no one fought each other. I rofl'd.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.