Can't Play Main account:((

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Cloudrat, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I went to log into my main account and saw this instead of normal play button:((( I don't have a mobile phone now what??
    [IMG]
    Kasa likes this.
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Install Google Voice. Might work.
  3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

She can't talk. Cloudrat has medical reasons why talking is impossible for her.
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen, I also don't have a mobile phone.
  5. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

It has been fixed !! I got a PM to let me know :)) Thanks everyone and Thanks DB:)

Hugs To Bunji:)
  6. Kasa Well-Known Member

Grats Cloud, I hope someone fixes mine LOL.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  7. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

You don't need to talk to receive a text message with a pin number.
    Glad she got it resolved.
  8. Kaladz Active Member

This happened to me as well. Why are accounts being forced into this?
    Kasa likes this.
  9. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

as I said in another post... cell's don't work everywhere, and I used to live where they didn't work at all, now i don't always get a signal when at home.. I'm rural, we keep a landline because it works, this is an asinine req and has stopped me playing before. I'm very glad to see cloudy not held back by BS.
    Kasa likes this.
  10. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Well a quick google found this: https://textfree.us/#/welcome

Do people not google other options? Oh yeah, I forgot, it's just easier to blame companies for 2step validation which cuts down on hacks.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Dude like this.
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

why the f*ck, would i want to use yet another program? i don't just google random sh*t and install it... maybe you do? nor are we all americans or euros.. i happen to be neither. reading their international policy to hand out your info to even more people... gee thanks.

it's been pointed out that their cell req isn't suitable for all, some of us have an issue with it, telling us to find yet another site and more programs and berating us for DGB/SoE failing their international customers with this... smooth, real smooth.
  12. Lojaak Well-Known Member

2 factor authentication is pretty standard. That was a quick google to demonstrate there are services out there which can help with enabling that authentication. I'm sure you'd be all up in arms if your account got hacked. Unfortunately you are in a minority when it comes to DBG customers, being neither having a mobile phone nor living in the US/EU. But sure, throw some more expletives at me for attempting to come up with a solution which may help some people.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'd like to understand as well what is going on with this request. I realize only two people posting about this issue doesn't mean it's for everyone. Should I be expecting this at some point?
    Kasa likes this.
  14. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

Doubtful the expletives were pointed at you personally. But I do agree with the intensity of Ceyllynn's objection to companies demanding to link cell phone numbers with other accounts "for security purposes" as if that means something.
    Kasa, Tinrae, Illeara and 2 others like this.
  15. Adevil Well-Known Member

I had to validate my email a couple of weeks back, so they may have tightened up some requirements.

Hope I don't get the cell phone thing, too. Mine's a pay-as-you-go for road trips, so when it does get dug out and turned on it often needs recharging. It receives texts, but there's no way I'm going to give the # to a company that intends on texting me - the pay-as-you-go plan charges for texts sent by anyone other than the provider.
    Kasa, Svenone and Ceyllynn like this.
  16. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

umm there's a large portion that are neither American or EU, since it's the second largest country in the world, kinda hard to miss and not the 51st state unlike some beliefs... when it lists its policies and they don't say North America, just America, then no it cannot be judged to include this large country. no it wasn't personal, it's just plain being pissed off with the expectation, i`ve had this issue a few times with both SoE and DGB. as for your up and arms comment, what does it matter if my account gets hacked, if i cannot validate and lose access anyhow? so your point was what? cell service is only where there are towers or where they work... in the rockies they don't work everywhere, and up north in Canada the service is uncommon due to lack of towers, and i'm not even talking about northern Canada...i live not quite 2 hours north of Toronto on lake huron. some areas you can barely get dialup or must depend on satellite, which is less than 5 mins from me.
    Kasa likes this.
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

No kidding. I remember when my cousin decided to get his parents a cell phone for emergencies. He borrowed phones from co-workers for the weekend, 1 from each provider. Then he took them back into the sugarbush. The one that actually got reception and could place a call is the one he got his folks.

Muskoka tends to have a bit better coverage than many areas, because Ted Rogers had a cottage there.
    Kasa and Ceyllynn like this.
  18. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

yeah... but I'm sitting at my desk and have the emergency calls only icon, lol must because muskoka is less than 5 mins up the road and I'm not actually in it. rogers is the only somewhat reliable service in northern ont, and I've had people make fun of the fact we've got an "antique" landline... this is why. we're damned lucky we have internet and thank gods it's not sat.
    Prissetta and Adevil like this.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

Yes but why is Daybreak forcing it for certain accounts?
    Kasa, Tierisch, Ceyllynn and 2 others like this.
  20. Kaladz Active Member

Not to mention if you don't remember your security answer or it doesn't work, you can't even add 2FA to the account. I'm still unable to get into my account due to this and not sure why it is being forced. If this was an account security thing, using the mobile authentication should also be a valid option I would imagine.