Itemization is BAD, but zero communication? Fixes coming or not?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kahleem, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lasai Well-Known Member

The attitude goes back to before the founding of "that forum" and was a factor in creating it. The only Devs tolerated there were those few who toed the party line. Oh, golly, I'm a white knight!!!!!

whatever shall I do. I post a dissenting opinion and got an ad hominem reply. How quaint and Old School. Credit for not using "scrub" though.

Carry on.
    Livejazz likes this.
  2. Tekka Well-Known Member

And the polite requests for information made by both TLE and Live players, on this forum, that also go ignored and unaddressed?

The silence WE ALL are getting isn't a TLE problem, it's a problem that WE ALL should be concerned about, as customers who are paying for a service, and as a community of players.
    Meneltel likes this.
  3. Clocut Member

I am gonna agree with Poofe here. I have had an account for 10 years. I joined TLE around KoS, just before EoF. EoF was bad, Devs said they were gonna fix it with RoK, it did not happen. The problems in EoF are why made a Forum account AFTER 10 YEARS. Suggestions were made, most were ignored. now they are saying "We will fix it next xpac" again....It's kind of a joke. I think they are just hoping votes pass fast so they don't actually have to itemize.

Edit: I am really hoping its fixed for TSO, I am already on the fence for going back to FFXIV, if TSO is broke, I'm done.
    Feldon and Meneltel like this.
  4. Lasai Well-Known Member

And it is a problem that any Dev brave enough to respond, regardless of the response, is set upon by a swarm of angry Bees who think their issue is more important, or their opinion is more valid. Polite hits the bricks pretty fast, and has for years.
    Sejreia and Adevil like this.
  5. Xakrein Well-Known Member

It is good to stick away from the quitting posts. Personally, I have a little chuckle every time someone declares they are cancelling the convenient total of 6 subscriptions. I am sure they are all harmless, innocent "multi-boxers", who never ran any third party software, and rather than buying extra character slots, they decided to pay more money to play EQ2 (expansions + subs) because they love EQ2 so much.

What is in the future for TLE? Itemization will continue to be what it is. In beta, different people will report some stuff, even if you do not. And as time goes on, I believe that interest in TLE will fade as the gap between Live and TLE shrinks. People will start calling for a new TLE server, a fresh start. I was expecting this to happen around the SF/DoV expansions.

Version #2 of TLE will allow them to do some minor adjustments to what was previously done. A couple of itemization tweaks, and a couple of mob/mechanics fixes. Will everything be perfect? Not a chance. But it will be slightly improved due to the first round of TLE. And the cycle will roll on.
    Sejreia likes this.
  6. Poofe Active Member

One has nothing to do with the other. My comment was related to the patient, professional and thorough way that issues on Stormhold were presented over several expansions which has escalated to what you now comment on. You've jumped in to challenge Stormhold over concern over lack of attention and responses and yet presented the exact concern in the battlegrounds thread. The difference is we're paying for our server and BGs will be free to the masses.
    Feldon likes this.
  7. Xakrein Well-Known Member

While BGs is free to the masses, people not paying for a sub will be at a significant disadvantage to those who do. Thus, it will serve as an enticing carrot to those who enjoy that aspect of the game, to pay for a subscription if they are not already.

So while I am sure there will be FTP users running around in BGs, to check it out, get a feel for it, or just poking around for some fun, I suspect most people who are serious about playing in BGs will be on an all access account.
    Sejreia likes this.
  8. Lasai Well-Known Member

Only posting to correct you, my post on the BG thread was concerning the lack of player response and input on the Beta, indicating, to me, a lack of interest in it by most players. Players.

I pay a sub too. On Live.
  9. Poofe Active Member

I mean isn't that the argument against FTP in all aspects?
  10. Poofe Active Member

Of course you do, you tell everyone by linking it to your profile.

Regarding ad hominems, aren't you also the one that's been throwing out multiple permutations of Snowflake toward Onra?
  11. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I don't play on TLE, & I'm not going to quit playing entirely, but Radar's response tells me my account needs to be un-subbed again at the end of the month, & that perhaps I now have no interest in buying Kunark Ascending :(

I'm sorry Radar, I know you're doing your best & are merely communicating management's stance to us, so I hope you'll understand that when I say your response was "unacceptable" I'm not blaming you personally, but, seriously, the stance you're communicating is unacceptable. These people are paying for a product, & that product is not up to standard. That is wrong, & we all know it. This stance needs to change.

O, & BTW, can we PLEASE take the private hissy-fit to private messages? The rest of us don't need yet another thread locked because a few posters can't play nice.
    Meneltel and Socks like this.
  12. Lasai Well-Known Member

I apologize, and that lapse has been fixed since I discovered I could promote him to "Ignored Member". Sadly, it was a personal attack on his attitude and not his argument, and has been remedied.

I am not questioning the issues presented, only the manner that they are.
    Sejreia likes this.
  13. Xakrein Well-Known Member

/shrug?

Saying something can be accessed on a server where someone can be on a FTP account, is hardly a valid argument to justify any kind of priority to be given to the TLE server. The bulk of the population, and paying subscribers, and expansion purchasers, are playing live servers.
    Sejreia likes this.
  14. Castegyre Well-Known Member

insult =/= ad hom attack.

Calling someone a ******* ******** **** with a mouth that overloads their common sense without or instead of addressing the arguments would be considered an ad hom attack.

Disagreeing with someone while pointing out how they're argument is wrong and then calling them an ignorant ******* slag at the same time is not an ad hom.
    Meneltel and Xakrein like this.
  15. Castegyre Well-Known Member

This thread is already going to be nuked from orbit.
    Livejazz likes this.
  16. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Ignore what Castegyre said. I heard he is an ogre who likes peanuts. How can anyone trust a peanut eating ogre?

;)
    Livejazz likes this.
  17. Clocut Member

Yup this thread is toast.
  18. El Chupa Loud Member

just cancelled 6 more.
  19. Poofe Active Member

That wasn't the point of that. I was trying to show Lasai that asking for responses and attention was legitimate and something that was agreed upon in another thread. I misconstrued the response, however.

My goal with TLE was to come back, catch up and maybe make the jump to live. I think that was Daybreak's hope as well, but things were just not handled well and are quickly spiraling out of control.

The TLE playerbase approached things with a lot of good faith. The dramatic responses and whatever we're seeing now are the death knell of passionate players that were all to happy to pour money into old content. It was incredibly low hanging fruit if it was managed appropriately.
    Lasai likes this.
  20. Seifer of Aftermath Member

Lol the white knight that says you should be polite admits to personally attacking someone.. This guy is hypocrite of the year!!!
    All your post are nonsense and help with nothing. get over yourself.
    Meneltel, Tekka and Clocut like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.