Necro, 6k potency, 6mil dps, needz helps

Discussion in 'Mages' started by xephier, Sep 13, 2016.

1. xephier Active Member

What makes the biggest difference between a 6 mil dps and a 70-100 mil dps. I mean without raid gear, I am not currently raiding and won't attempt so until I have mastered my character.

Plz useful answers only, don't tell me to 'google it' thx.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Post a link to your character. People will be able to give advice more tailored to you if they know what your character looks like.
  3. sycla Active Member

At 6k potency and with Gm pet you should be doing 30-50 mill without doing anything..even without pet your auto attack and weapon procs should have you over 25 mill.(this is without you hitting any spells)
    post link to your character.
    Jaezah likes this.
  4. Kioske Well-Known Member

Are you casting soul rot? I feel like you're not even casting soul rot....
    Jaezah likes this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Without knowing about AA / ReUse / Doublecast / Fervor (everyone can have 30 Heartbound Fervor) of your toon it's hard to tell anything usefull hint.

Prefer CB over Pot (1 CB ~ 5 Pot) until you reach CB Cap in fight
    Get Heartbound Buff
    Get 100 Reuse, 80 Recovery, 100 Doublecast in fight
    Get Adornments

And the ultimate (useless) hint: Get Ire-Dread, the Undead Devourer :)
  6. Nubek Active Member

I feel like just casting one spell over and over would already net your more than 6 million dps at 6k potency
  7. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

One thing that could also be hurting your numbers right now is if 2 or 3 other people in your group are doing well over 100mil, and the boss dies before you cast much of anything, you're not going to show up on the parse. So, are you hitting 6mil with a group of friends who are taking a little while to kill the boss? Or are you hitting 6mil in a super fast overpowered pug group that is instantly killing everything? I realized recently when I took my over 6k potency ranger out for his first test drive, that as a dps class, you are WAY behind the game even with 6k potency if you aren't up on the timing and targeting of the mobs.

For example, I hit 84mil on the one fight where i felt i hit my good practice rotation where I can typically hit over 200mil. However on a later fight, ACT didn't even register that my sniper shot hit the target, even though it was one of the first things I cast in the fight. I saw the skill fire off. So most likely the script changed at the exact moment that I shot it, OR the boss was technically already dead when it landed. OR, I shot it before the boss was taking damage. Could have been a bunch of things that are mostly related to timing. So that could be your biggest issue atm.

Practice by yourself until you have a rotation that hits really hard and fast on a training dummy. Then go try that out in groups. Perhaps some other necros here could give you advice on running the specific dungeons.
  8. xephier Active Member

Would love to... eq2u seems to be down right now..

I've only run one group with him so far and the highest dps was 41 mil ZW. TBH I haven't been able to hit those numbers on any character yet, I mean short of one shotting solo mobs. Once eq2u gets back online I'll link my character so people can get a better idea.
  9. xephier Active Member

K, back online, got it http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/438087614713

I understand that I will need to fill out my adornments and work on my rotation and such but first I want to attack the main issue that's causing my dps to be low because obviously a few points to stats from adornments isn't going to make me go from 6 mil to 60 mil, neither will rotation since people seem sure that I should be able to do more dmg with just the pet attacking.
  10. Korucuu Well-Known Member

I'll let those that actually play Necros comment. But, one thing I did notice is that you have no points spent in your Necromancer Prestige tree, so no Skull Focii or Unda.
    Jaezah and captainbeatty451 like this.
  11. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Rotation and timing absolutely could make the difference of 6 to 60mil if you're already at 6k potency. I could go hit a training dummy right now with a few good skills that perhaps have a long cast time, but only hit 30mil. Hitting that training dummy with the BEST skills and using buffs prior to the huge skill that has a long cast time FIRST for a short fight will give me slightly over 200mil. Hitting the second best skills that have fairly short cast times (say, if my biggest is on cooldown) will give me 80-100mil.

Rotation makes HUGE differences in dps. 30mil, 200mil, 100mil, 80mil, All same gear, but different timing and rotation. And none of my gear is fantastic. All advanced solo and some heroic stuff.

Also keep this in mind. If your timing and rotation become perfect for you and you feel good, you will STILL see fairly massive fluctuations in your dps depending on the length of the fight, who is in your group, and what buffs you have running. All of those factors will make bigger differences than your actual gear, given you already have 6k potency.
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

Kittybock likes this.
  13. Tupperbeast Active Member

@ xephier

\aITEM 1813481914 990958609:Bloody Ykeshan Scourge\/a buy this from Collection (Fabled Weapons of the Orcish Wastes)
    \aITEM 877762405 -958355281:The Sacred Flow\/a get from Zone Submerged lair or get from Collection the one.
    \aITEM -839031843 -1792067787:Dellmun's Wonderous Wand\/a buy this from mushroom Merchant in Thalumbra.

You Need 350AA for the full AA set up. (You still miss complete Prestige necromancer).
    You Need 100reuse 50-70% recovery is nice too 100%+cast Speed @100+ all get in double cast.
    100000+Ab Mode 600dps 100-125multi 200haste 100%Aoe (Double cast 100% its nice and a hug boost get with better stuff)

\aITEM 505784104 -596903686:Rune: Doublecast\/a (shoulder)
    \aITEM 885168145 1548149104:Arachmech Eye Spirit Stone\/a
    \aITEM -59232645 -1761243653:Essence of Yothshaval Spirit Stone\/a
    \aITEM 833328204 1681977539:Stygian Core Spirit Stone\/a

\aITEM 1297623100 -309464430:Bolstered Attributes\/a
    \aITEM -400966935 -1389779252:Relentless Conviction\/a
    \aITEM 340145221 421557935:Screams of Battle\/a
    \aITEM -411458957 -1789844993:Utter Annihilation\/a
    \aITEM -967388183 1978257489:Magnitude\/a

For Cast order helps the Training Dummy in Guildhall and ACT (http://advancedcombattracker.com/)

Adorns on gear:
    \aITEM 543049734 -948000148:Incandescent Adornment of Intelligence (Superior)\/a
    \aITEM -1578655612 268771453:Incandescent Adornment of Increased Criticals (Superior)\/a
    \aITEM -1696166873 1651637834:Incandescent Adornment of Prismatic Resilience (Superior)\/a
    \aITEM -1272613443 1363023459:Incandescent Adornment of Swift Casting (Superior)\/a
    \aITEM 990462038 -524045802:Incandescent Adornment of Magical Skill (Superior)\/a
  14. xephier Active Member

Mybad... swapped AA profiles and forgot to add the points. Gotta love how pre-set AA profiles have no points spent in prestige...
    Also gotta love how SOE/DB implements new features like those then never actually updates them..

Did you even look at my character I linked, I have bolstered attributes and bolstered endurance. As a caster dps those seemed like the only real 'must haves' for the square purple adorns.
    Sounds like your gear isn't much off from mine and you're pulling down minimum 30 mil so my point still stands that there's something I'm doing wrong beyond cast rotation and adornments. Adorns are nice but they aren't the make or break of a character, maybe a few hundred points of intel to toss on top of my over 12k intel or several points to one stat or another, just not enough to make more than a 5-10% difference at most.
  15. xephier Active Member

I'll work on that but I spent most my plat just getting the collection earring and neck, spent most the rest of the plat on this character getting the doublecast rune.

Also noticed one flaw already, the stygian core green adorns are better than Arachmech eye spirit stone and I already have 3 of the stygian cores

Not sure why people keep mentioning reuse/cast speed to me, If those aren't maxed then you need to upgrade your gear to lvl 100 cuz even in cheap MC stuff those are easy max.

Also could someone plz link best necro WW on here so I can take a look over their spec and such and have a better idea what to aim for?

Also, why dps and multi, I'm not gonna melee on my necro....
  16. xephier Active Member

Hmm, seems I may be getting better, haven't had a chance to go in a group yet but I ran stygian adv solo and the lowest dps I got was 9 mil, did 18 mil ZW.
  17. Estal Well-Known Member

Something I've noticed in the stats, the crit chance seems very low at 1k, are you using the mount from ToT sig quest?
    You do have the sig quest ring so you should have gotten the mount as well, maybe you put the mount in appearance slot by accident or forgot to recast it after messing around with aa's?
  18. xephier Active Member

umm... the mount is kinda like a buff, does that even show up on eq2u? Also I don't really aim for crit chance, having 1000% CC kinda seems like having 1000% reuse speed. Didn't they phase out crit mit a few xpacs ago?
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Having more crit chance gives you the chance for legendary, fabled and mythical crits
  20. Estal Well-Known Member

You can't see on eq2u if any mount is equipped or not, but the mount gives over 300% cc, plus buffs some other stats as well and as Mermut said, higher cc = higher chance of legen / fabled / myth crits which helps with dps.