Battlegrounds, Battlegrounds never change…except when they do. [BG Beta Feedback Thread]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Caith, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breyl New Member

that is a good point.. i mean you are charging people (sub) to play on this server, basically for a regular live server pretty much, and not giving em bg? :S
  2. Caith Developer

The ones I have identified are fixed for the next hotfix, if anyone has a particular concern about a specific ability granting too much in stats, list it and I will take a look.

No legendary, fabled or mythical crits, these should be off now. The server flag to turn them off wasn't set early on, but they have been disabled for a few hours now. Critting 100% of the time is the balance point.
    Nevermind, Livejazz and RedvsBlue like this.
  3. Caith Developer

The issue was identified with a couple War Runes, and is already fixed for the next hotfix. As you said, it has nothing to do with BG's.
    Livejazz likes this.
  4. Caith Developer

Free Trade servers were disabled from BG's when the code for them was implemented, we have not made any changes to that code and will not while the BG's are in beta. We have not decided one way or the other whether the restriction will be lifted, but it will be discussed.
  5. Sahkmet New Member

I just did a match for Gears, my team won but it didn't update the quest I had for Gears also I received no tokens.
  6. Caith Developer

It's part of the stat scaling. Broken down to a basic level it scales HP, heals, and damage based on level while in battlegrounds.
    It doesn't apply outside of battlegrounds.
    Ratitz likes this.
  7. Exur Well-Known Member

Hoping next fix is better... dps is unplayable at the moment. granted I have terrible hp/mit gear cause I'm still in PvP gear.. but Rangers with just 150 pot are 2 shotting me before I hit the ground. Think you said it was Pot out of wack, but I don't exactly recall.

so eat food for 100+% crit and call it a stat cap, check. Thanks for working on all this btw!
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Since it's "Grandmaster" does it work differently for Paying vs. Free to Play players?
  9. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

It is very good to see the interest is still there and people are testing to help the devs get it sorted. I won't get to test until tonight but I have a pretty good idea of some other things to look for now that the more obvious things have already been identified. The time being dedicated on these is very much appreciated.
    Ishtara likes this.
  10. justgotoneshotted New Member

Well where do I start.. How about the new BG beta made me log out after the 8th one shot. I know this is scathing but needs to be said... HORRIBLE. I know it's beta but WOW. There is and always has an issue with this area of eq2 being favorable to a fews classes as in the PVE (flavor of the expansion) and I get that, but to this degree? You have people who love their class and just want to play a "game" (me) and then you have the people who pick the exploited classes and for some reason think it's fun to make people feel like crap and want to log out, I get that also. Hopefully this "balanced more for everyone" thing works out. As for me I'll try back after some updates. By the way this was a level 100 Warden vet who could not take one step with one shotted...fun times...NOT. Looking forward to BG if it gets fixed, Thanks
    Ratitz likes this.
  11. Ratitz Active Member

You got one-shotted as a warden? what happened to all the death prevents, stoneskins, etc?
  12. Exur Well-Known Member

You forgot to read there are broken mechanics currently in beta that Caith just stated are addressed in the next build. Might do better getting your "feedback" read if you treat it like a "beta" experience too... just some advice for yah.
  13. BigJilm New Member

Why is Balance of Theer still around? :confused:
    Jachin and Azeren like this.
  14. Jachin Active Member

1. Use aom coding and adjust it. It is not fun. Not 100s will never compete with 100s. 10-89, 90-99 and level 100 bgs plz.
    2. Remove theer, it killed BG during AoM.
  15. Brightlyz Active Member

So seems to be no one Qing for this. The good reward cost 1000 tokens and you only get 4 tokens from mission that resets every 15 minutes. Even if people did Q this 1000 coins is not gonna happen. Give coins for win and delete balance of theer please.
  16. Exur Well-Known Member

it's only 63 straight hours winning 250 in a row... don't wimp out here. ;)
    Brightlyz likes this.
  17. Nelie Well-Known Member

Conjy spell was hitting me for 1.5 to 2 times my HP
    [IMG]
  18. Brightlyz Active Member

Lmao
  19. Alarra Well-Known Member

When is the hotfix going in as I don't want to test with known broken mechanics.
    Tried it last night after the update, I found the issues that should be fixed in said hotfix:
    ・Mounts having Stats
    ・Pot converting prestige giving me lot of pot/cb
    ・Healers one shotting people with some sort of ability
    ・No tokens being rewarded by quest

I also noticed that the green adorn has better stats than the RTT one, I don't mind that as long as it takes a while to acquire it.
  20. Exur Well-Known Member

When do you have this Battleground hotfix scheduled?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.