Helpful Tips

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

The other day someone was asking a question and I answered. I got a tell from someone else thanking me because they wanted to know the answer for awhile. After talking awhile came up with idea that maybe people might like a Tip of the Day kind of posting (not that I can give tips every day or have that many). Here are a couple that I have given recently. Please feel free to help contribute to this.

Guild Hall Amenities Permissions

There are some guild hall amenities that are not automatically set to visitor access that I feel really should be open to all. Some of them are the Portal to Member Housing, Localized/Expanded Guild Hall Teleportation Network, Commodities Exporter, and Fuel Merchant. Giving the visitor access allows people to use them. There are many guild leaders or decorators that do not know that amenity permissions can even be changed. If you can set the access on an amenity, two fields will be displayed on right hand side just below the Amenities list.

If you are hired to decorate a guild hall you might want to talk with the guild leader to find out if some of these permissions should be changed. Some guilds that raid allow others to join. If the settings to the Guild Strategist are set to visitor access then someone outside the guild can go to a placed flag but they cannot obtain a flag for placing themselves. I have been in a couple guilds that have needed the Guild Strategist to be set to visitor for this reason. I have also been in guilds that roleplay and didn't want visitors to be able to use the teleporters so they could block off everything besides the entryway unless there was a specific roleplay event happening. So it is always a good idea to ask.

To change permissions to amenities:
    1. Open Guild Hall Window by
    a. Right click door and click Access
    or
    b. In Chat window type /house and press enter
    2. Click on the Amenities tab of the Guild Hall window
    3. Scroll to the amenity and click on it
    4. Click on the drop down and pick desired access level (Visitor, Friend, or Trustee)
    5. Click the Set Access button.

Copying Player-made Notebooks

Have you ever created a how to do something manual using player-made notebooks and wished there was an easy way to copy them? There is a way.

Things to know:
    • You don't have to craft notebook yourself.
    • Don't have to use exact same notebook type (Bristled Leather Notebook to a Bear Hide Notebook)
    • Only person that owns the notebook can copy it (person that edited and saved content)
    • Doesn't matter if books are in bank, house vault, personal inventory but must be in some sort of inventory for copy to appear in right click menu list (not placed in house/guild hall)
    • You can edit or even copy the copied notebook
    How to copy notebook:
    1. Right click on notebook you wish to copy
    2. Click on Copy
    3. Click on an empty notebook (arrow will be blue)
    4. Click OK button on Confirmation popup
    5. Need another copy, repeat steps 1 - 4
    Katz, Yachiru-san, Kenana and 7 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

D'OH!!!! Man, I wish I'd known about the book thing for my "standard safety instruction books" in my Punkocalypse place; those were written by my Sage, who could whip up more in a heartbeat. :-/

Oh well, now I know...and knowing is half the battle! :D

Uwk
    Faeonara likes this.
  3. Gracey Well-Known Member

Great information! Thank you !
    Faeonara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Lojaak Well-Known Member

It's worth noting that the depots have separate permission tabs, accessed by opening the depot and looking at the upper area of the window.

Friend and trustee are useful things to customize in your guild rank permissions tabs. You can set it so that perhaps new recruits to a guild don't have friend access, so you can suss out whether they are a good fit before you promote them up to a rank with access to consumable amenties.

Our TS mats depot and gatherers are on Trustee use, but Friend consumption, so guildies can do their writs but can't directly access the mats, as we've had theft in the past. Combined with the fuel depot on the same permissions, it means a guildie only has to walk up to the station to start crafting, rather then work out what's needed, withdraw and go craft. Add in visitor deposit so anyone can put mats in, and it's a great way of setting up an amenity that makes it much harder to abuse.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

House Actors: Setting Both Models

Update: Here is a video!

I have been touring a bunch of houses lately and found that people are only setting one model for their house actors. I mentioned how to set both in a different post but thought it deserves a write-up with screenies.

How to set:
    1. Set the house actor race, gender, and appearance like normal and click OK button customize appearance window
    2. Go to EQII Menu Button and click Options
    3. Click the Alternate Models tab
    4. Click the Select All Models button. If the house actor looks the same, click Turn Off All Models button

[IMG]
      • If you clicked both buttons and your house actor doesn't change appearances, it is a race that only has one model so you can click Cancel and you are done
      • If your house actor changes appearance KEEP this Options window open and continue
    5. Right click house actor and pick Customize Face option

[IMG]
    6. Set appearance for this model and click OK button

[IMG]
    7. Click the Cancel button on the Options window. Your house actor should now look like the one in step 1.

[IMG]
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's awesome, but how do you make sure it looks like that for visitors, who may have different Options up? :-/

I put something about that down in my house book when people first come in ("Actors here are Default Human Models!"), but... :-/

Uwk
  7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

The above directions sets both possible models so you won't have to mention it in a house book. So when a visitor comes it will look like one of the two models (whatever model they have set in their own options) if you follow the directions above. You can test it out. Follow the directions. Once done you can open options again and click the buttons Select All Models and Turn Off All Models over and over and you can see it switch between the two appearances just set. When done just press the Cancel button on Options window so you don't lose your settings.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but these instructions on how to set both possible models has me totally confused. I don't think I know anymore than I did before these instructions. Is there not some easier method to determine if both models will show or not? I never change anything in those settings because I am happy with the appearance of my characters as they are, and I don't want to inadvertently change any of them to soga model and not be able to switch them back again. Most of my house actors, I don't have a problem with, but occasionally, I have a 'bald' gnome house actor pop up from time to time. Funny thing is, it doesn't happen with all the gnomes...just one gnome, here and there.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I'm guessing from your sig you use soga? If so then make your house actor as you always do.

Customize them like always. Lets say it's a high elf with the over the head braid and blonde, just as an example.

Once you like her looks, close the customization pop up window.

Go to your eq2 button in the lower left.

Go to options.

Go to models.

Click the turn off all models button. This makes soga temporarily suspended and the regular models show. Don't worry. It's only temporary.

Leave that models turned off window open but move it to one side so you see your house actor. She sure looks different! So customize her til it's something you like.

Then in that still open models turned off window, click the select all models button. Huzzah! You are back to all soga, no harm done.

If I guessed wrong or you use the old models like me, the same process applies. Either way, doing it like this in game will NOT screw up your character looks.

Hope that helps darlin,

Ava
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Katz and Merriel like this.
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

So basically, from what I understand, you are customizing the house actor twice? Once when you create the house actor and a second time, in the other character model so it looks similar to what it should look like in the other character model? Ugh, why did they have to make this so complicated? o_O

To my knowledge, I'm not using Soga, but I dunno. I never even knew there was a difference until about a year or so ago.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Avahlynn like this.
  11. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Yes, you are customising the actor two times, once per style of model. The pics in your sig look soga, to me, so it may be shocking to see what 'you' look like when you turn off all models and see your own self in non soga mode.

Edit: some races only have one model, like arasai and kerrans, so yeah, it can be completely complicated.
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the tips. I had recently added some amenities and all but one needed to be set to visitor. Several of my amenities don't have an access button though. I know about depots being set at the depot but these are ones like banker, wizard spire, world bell, and druid, for example. Are these automatically set for visitor?
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

WARNING: If you use say soga for dark elf but original for gnomes and mix and match here and there like me depending on race and gender...Do not just push the turned off button to get back to normal. Push the CANCEL button on the Options window then nothing is actually changed with your personal models.
  14. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I added the step to click on Alternate Models tab (step 3) after opening the options window. Sorry about that....It does show it is clicked on screenie tho. I also bolded and changed text to red so people don't miss the step to return their personal options. I am very sorry nobody understands my directions and I really don't have the time to learn how to make videos. I guess I should have used more screen shots and showed the whole screen not just the important windows where you do something. :oops:
  15. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Yes the ones where you cannot set the access options are automatically set to visitor.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I was thinking about doing both, just to cover the bases, but for what I had in mind, most/all of the SOGAs looked completely awful and not helpful. Which is weird, because I often use SOGAs and like them, depending on the race (I always do ALL my Barbarians and Ogres, both genders, in SOGA, for example. The Defaults look horrible and/or dorky, imho). :)

Uwk
    Ocarinah likes this.
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Making Video Tours in EQ2: Setting Up UI

Here is a video that might be helpful if you have decided to make your very own EQ2 Video Tours. Enjoy!
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Making Video Tours in EQ2: How to use Ezvid with EQ2

Here is a video that might be useful if you want to try making simple video tours in EQ2. Enjoy!

19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Making Video Tours in EQ2: How to use OBS Studio with EQ2

Here is a video that might be useful if you want to try making more complicated video tours in EQ2. Enjoy!

Find the OBS Studio software at: https://obsproject.com/download

Video I used to setup my OBS Studio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3HCnJ_SCI

The video is now completed! Sorry if the timing is slightly off...there must be some setting in ezvid to change the speed of the audio so it matches up but I don't plan on using that software now that I have this video done.
  20. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Making Video Tours in EQ2: How to Upload EQ2 Video Tour File to YouTube Channel

Here is a video that might be useful if you have just learned how to make video using OBS Studio! Enjoy!