So, "Kander's Theme"

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Noctew, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Noctew Active Member

I think nobody mentioned it yet, and it's only slightly item related, but it looks like someone snuck in a heavy metal cover version of "Kander's Theme" as played by Vhalen's Tribute Band into the EQ2 music folder with Terrors of Thalumbra (EXP 12)

Garyn Ciato, VTT's lead mandolinist had this to say: "Obviously played by a talented player, but I never liked those gnomish electricktal mandolins!" while their promoter Elon Ogulads declined any comment.

This version is not hooked up in game as far as I know, but as most music in EQ2 it's just an MP3 file which can be played with Windows Media Player.

\aITEM -931729282 1506457284 0 0 0:[Vhalen's Tribute Band]\/a
    \aITEM -1456956706 1153151410:Vhalen's Tribute Band Recording: 'Kander's Theme'\/a
  2. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Nice little easter egg you found there
  3. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Meh, Kander music - irrelevant.

The only thing we want, the only thing this games needs....is the Kander wig appearance helm!
    Edelphia, Moonpanther and Genghes like this.
  4. Genghes Active Member

Finally! Someone who shares my needs!
    Edelphia likes this.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

damn, Kander's Theme is tight af. Choir, brass section, drums, guitar has kind of a djent sound but its just really fuzzy. Sounds like metal genre production music.

6. Dude Well-Known Member

We should be able to have theme music for each of our houses. I'd want an Empty Estate of Unrest with Kander's Theme playing and a greeter that is the same Kander as on the docks. Nostalgia!
    Spindle, Avahlynn and Neiloch like this.
  7. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Kander "NOSTALGIA!" Plushie 2016.
    Sigrdrifa and Spindle like this.
  8. Noctew Active Member

And now the easteregg has found its way into the game [SPOILER, mark to read] (/kander while using the new clockwork illusion) Noice!
  9. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Not bad to be honest about it.