GU 101 Mystic

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Elfrina, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Elfrina Member

It seems Daybreak hates the mystic. Here we go again, nerfed on wards and no dps class again. Why can't the mystic get spells with faster reset times or should I say faster running times. This game should be fun NOT stressted and nobody will want a sharman when wards suck,
    ELFrina not a happy player
  2. quisling Well-Known Member

Not sure I'd call this a nerf right outta the gate. Before you talk about bleed through, you might want to see what kind of effect adding fervor to your wards has.
  3. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I think you're overreacting friend. Sure this will give defilers a bit of an edge, but mystics certainly won't be -to borrow my own terminology- a disenfranchised class.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Even with bleed-through wards are STILL the only type of heals that are usefully affected by more potency (and fervor) right now. All other heals are already bigger then HP pools, so they are effectively 'capped'. Bigger wards are ALWAYS useful.. and as stats get better, they'll continue to grow.
    This bleed through mechanic doesn't fix the underlying problem that is the imbalance between hitpoint pools and heal sizes.
    Agarth and -Soteria- like this.
  5. Chiffon Active Member

Have any of the mystics been able to see fervor being applied to their wards? I did a small bit of testing last night and couldn't see fervor affecting my single target or group ward.
  6. quisling Well-Known Member

Interesting. In looking at the parse, repent has something less than a 10% bleed through. In the same zone, my arcane ward has a bleed through of close to 25%. Is this by design? Is this global so that all "group wards" are at a higher bleed through rate? Is this a "specialty ward--a specific damage type -elemental, nox, arcane" rate?
  7. Estal Well-Known Member

Not seeing any difference on either the Defiler or the Mystic with or without heartbound buff, wards show up as same amount.
  8. Chiffon Active Member

I had a 50% bleed through rate in raid last night, which IMO is way too steep, and I think the fervor issue needs to be looked at because notes said they should apply to our wards... and so far, they're not.
  9. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Yes, agreeed. Fervor is not applying to wards. Also, damage appears to bleed through Aegis, Soul Shackle, Torpor, and Oberon, but not my primary st ward or group ward. I'm not clear whether that is intended or what... If so, it's nice but... seems to go against the apparent point of taking shamans down a peg.

Did no one test this before it hit live? With heartbound, this is such a simple thing to test...
  10. RescueMe Member

50% Bleed? That is absolutely ridiculous.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Which is ironic, because bleed doesn't make shamans any less necessary then they were before...
  12. Fleurs Active Member

The bleed through varies from attack or ward, i just checked some logs taken during the new Nizara heroic:

(1472070623)[Wed Aug 24 22:30:23 2016] YOUR Shroud of Armor absorbs 57460 points of damage from being done to Mythgard with 1144279 points of damage bleeding through.
    (1472070623)[Wed Aug 24 22:30:23 2016] YOUR Soul Shackle absorbs 2297035 points of damage from being done to Mythgard with 1135660 points of damage bleeding through.
    (1472070623)[Wed Aug 24 22:30:23 2016] YOUR Wraithwall absorbs 4482931 points of damage from being done to Mythgard with 1135660 points of damage bleeding through.

Or

(1472070628)[Wed Aug 24 22:30:28 2016] YOUR Shroud of Armor absorbs 59346 points of damage from being done to Mythgard with 500886 points of damage bleeding through.
    (1472070628)[Wed Aug 24 22:30:28 2016] YOUR Harbinger absorbs 20893 points of damage from being done to Mythgard with 491984 points of damage bleeding through.
    (1472070628)[Wed Aug 24 22:30:28 2016] YOUR Soul Shackle absorbs 2372712 points of damage from being done to Mythgard with 488850 points of damage bleeding through.

Or

(1472070640)[Wed Aug 24 22:30:40 2016] YOUR Shroud of Armor absorbs 55408 points of damage from being done to Katzumy with 123998 points of damage bleeding through.
    (1472070640)[Wed Aug 24 22:30:40 2016] YOUR Soul Shackle absorbs 655559 points of damage from being done to Katzumy with 115687 points of damage bleeding through.
    (1472070640)[Wed Aug 24 22:30:40 2016] YOUR Carrion Warding absorbs 98334 points of damage from being done to Katzumy.
    (1472070640)[Wed Aug 24 22:30:40 2016] Chlorophylle's Aura of Warding absorbs 12538 points of damage from being done to Katzumy with 2212 points of damage bleeding through.

It seems that when damage excess ward amount, it count as bleedthrough, as Shroud of armor and Harbinger have very low ward amount and seems to have LOT of bleed (harbinger absorb 20k, with 490k going through), on regular ward the bleed seems to be around 20%-30%
  13. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Yeah... I don't feel like I understand how bleedthrough is supposed to work at all. And I understand how it actually works even less.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

To me it just seems instead of fixing the underlying issue with the power of wards, we've not got a gimmicky mechanic that'll cause all sorts of balance problems going forwards, and a lot more effort to control.
    Montag and -Soteria- like this.
  15. Estal Well-Known Member

Indeed:

1: Defiler has it much easier than Mystic to deal with whatever amount of damage bleeds through.
    2: Balancing bleedthrough amount is going to be an absolute pain, if it is not enough then the whole mechanic is pointless, if it is too much then Shaman wards become less useful than Illusionist utility.
    3: The varying bleedthrough rate of different wards will render some wards worthless while others become even more op.
    4: What about the various wards from non shamans? If they get bleedthrough too it still leaves Shamans far ahead, but if wards from other classes are to be excluded then that will create very huge issues with future scaling.
  16. Chiffon Active Member

Don't forget the problem of the fervor not applying to our wards either.
  17. Kari Well-Known Member

My logs are reflecting a bleed through on my primary single target ward, although I didn't notice any on the group ward.

The amounts don't appear to be a consistent percentage for even the same ward type, so I am wondering if the bleed-through amount is including any damage that was over the ward amount or if mob criticals are impacting it. For example, I am getting around 18% bleed through on several hits on Ancient Shroud, and then it will turn around and bleed through 32% and then jump back to 18%.
  18. Caith Developer

The amount that bleeds though is a static number based off of the mob that is attacking. If mobasaurus rex does 10%, it will always do 10%, unless an encounter designer changes the bleedthrough amount based on a fight script.

This is correct, I can adjust the messaging so that if the ward is depleted it doesn't read as bleedthrough, and just reads as unwarded damage.
    Montag and Dude like this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

It also doesn't solve the problems of 'hits at or above hp totals require a shaman to survive' and non-wards being effectively capped right now, since they're already in excess of hitpoint pools and, unlike wards, 'extra' heal power is totally worthless
    Montag, Neiloch and -Soteria- like this.
  20. Fendaria Member

Please adjust the messaging if its not too much trouble, I think it is what most people were expecting.

Also, this makes me wonder how the math for bleedthrough works more. Is the hp which bled through subtracted from the ward's total?

Bleedthrough: 10%
    Ward: 50k
    Incoming Damage: 50k
    So you have 5k damage that bleeds through.
    Is the Ward spent or does it still have 5k to go?

Bleedthrough: 10%
    Ward: 50k
    Incoming Damage: 100k
    How much damage is actually taken; 55k or 50k?