Uber Summoner DPS

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Vogie, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Exarthious Member

well seems like necros and conj will be beat by all classes in raid now no matter how geared it seems dps went down bad swarm pets are almost not worth casting in a fight that last less then a min
  2. Veta Well-Known Member

Aww, is this a post from a mechanically inept player that couldn't compete?

Its a shame that I am seeing, on average, a dps loss when I cast these versus primary rotation abilities. I'd say the nerf is even worse for a conjuror, as most of your dps was pet based. The primary rotation/filler abilities for conjs are lackluster.
  3. Terrius Well-Known Member

Overall my swarm pets seem to be down by about 75%, big hit for sure, only two worthwhile spells for my conjy now are EB and soulburn, everything else is just there to pass the time as I wait for those to come back.
    Dabb likes this.
  4. Dabb Active Member

I highly suggest DB put back some of the summoner DPS, I grouped with a few today and they are SUPER nerfed, I feel bad for you guys, thats a big time slap in the face. sorry guys
  5. Ratza Well-Known Member

I've never seen the devs do a class nerf without doing an overkill.....I don't think they really test this stuff in advance....they just seem take some whiny *** ******** from other classes and then nerf to the ultra extreme to make the whining go away. :(
  6. Exarthious Member

I went from parseing 600-1bil in heriocs to not even parseing 200mil
    Bestexwife and Dabb like this.
  7. Dabb Active Member

I just watched our main conj do 150 mil in a fight he usually does 450 mil, i cant believe they nerfed them that big
  8. Nkito Well-Known Member

Back down to roughly where summoners were on the parse list prior to the big swarm pet increase? Or lower?
  9. Journey Member

Took them long enough. The hard nerf makes up for them turning a blind eye on it for so long. Yes its a hard nerf, but it is a justified nerf for how long they allowed this to go for. Just deal it with it for a few weeks until they fix it again. You have had more then enough time to enjoy the ridiculous OPness.
  10. Exarthious Member

worse then before the increase
  11. Dabb Active Member

nah they went too far
  12. Journey Member

Posted by Ratitz, the truth of the matter

Ok, this is actually a good nerf. We are put back into shape with the rest of the tier 1 dpsers. Here is parse breakdown pre-nerf (done last night)
    [IMG]and here is the breakdown after nerf:
    [IMG]you will notice how my parse only dropped 40m?
    so dont cry about it. it wont make that big of a difference in the long run. summoners will still be t1 dps
    Cefur and Montag like this.
  13. Ratza Well-Known Member

Nerf to the ultra extreme is NEVER justifiable or a reason to "over" nerf a class or game mechanic.....wow...just wow...it's not supposed to be punishment but a balancing act.
  14. Odur27 Member

“Somehow, we'll find it. The balance between whom we wish to be and whom we need to be. But for now, we simply have to be satisfied with who we are.”
    Brandon Sanderson, The Hero of Ages
    Cefur and Montag like this.
  15. Ratitz Active Member

Wow that guy provided actual proof, im going to listen to him.
    Strane, Errrorr and Cefur like this.
  16. Odur27 Member

I feel that it is important to note. Band of Thugs (Brig) Protoflame,and Furance of Ro (Wiz) are also confirmed to have taken roughly a 45%ish Dmg Hit as well. Not saying this in any way diminishes how badly Summoners got smashed but you all were not the only ones.
  17. Journey Member

Ratitz I love how they just completely ignore the PROOF that the nerf wasn't that bad, backed up by actual parses, and just go back to rambling and crying about how much it hurts.
    Meneltel likes this.
  18. Ratitz Active Member

But hey, at least you can play your main more often!
  19. Azian Well-Known Member

Fortunately for me, my summoner is just an alt. However, in the greater scheme of things I would have to say that they enjoyed the limelight for a very BRIEF period relative to how these things normally go. Also, if things go as typical, they don't usually get classes brought back in line after an over-nerf for a very long time. Usually far longer than just a couple weeks and at this point, I'd actually be surprised if it's even corrected with the expansion. Realistically, I'd look to the expansion in Nov 2017. Perhaps it will be different in this case though.
  20. Journey Member

There is proof on this exact thread that the nerf was not that bad. Refer to it please, its not that hard to scroll up a few posts.