Uber Summoner DPS

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Vogie, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Same question. Have not seen sk troubles in any of the groups I've been in...
  2. Brightlyz Active Member

As with most things im sure there are exceptions, but all SK's ive encountered simply can not hold aggro. Maybe they all just suck, but really only so many ways you can push a few buttons. What is it that you do that eliminates the giant aggro problem that is obviously there.

Edit
    And really i dont care one way or the other, go ahead and keep them the way they are. Will just see more and more paladins.
  3. Veta Well-Known Member

Timing temps properly and around SK furor (during this duration would be their largest amount of self-hate gain) which triggers threat damage per spell/combat art hit and Deathmarch which also increases threat amount if spec'd for. Using Earthshock on cooldown and the cavalier's threat proc in the Crusader tree. Having high potency jewelryand solo capped hate gain instead of defensive stats because you should be good enough on defensive stats with just left side gear. If the sk has a good healer, they can use offensive stance for the extra potency. The SK can also temp up before pull with SK furor then reset it with a brew, so as soon as it ends they can pop it back up for increased duration of threat procs.

Depending on group setups, the sk will have the possibility for hate transfers. If the person is having trouble holding aggro they can also get anashti sul deity for a 15% group hate transfer that lasts for 10 minutes, which can be reset with brews of readiness. There are also other handy items people can now easily get like the 4-soulwell drinal shield \aITEM -268829911 214799668 0 0 0:Barrier of the Warlord\/a which is a 10% group transfer for 1minute.
  4. Ashandra Well-Known Member

If the sk is pot / ab mod spec they won't lose agro and will do solid dps , stuff isn't that hard atm no real need to be in a full defensive set up.
  5. Brightlyz Active Member

While this is all great information I think we can agree that most players dont do any of this and never will. Also it seems to me that furor is the best SK defensive, doesnt seem fair you have to use it to hold aggro. Maybe you guys like that tho idk, as a guard i like to use my defensive's to stay alive.
  6. Brightlyz Active Member

Thats all fine but what happens when the new stuff drops? Getting thru SK with an SK tanking is a bad experience , Only reason it works usually is because i kill everything so fast, cant imagine a casual group. But like i said if you guys like it then ill just drop it.
  7. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Hmm not sure what to say to you sk class is pretty good if played right , I have no trouble holding agro that's with ppl doing over a bill dps in grp atm on the named.
  8. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I don't think you should drop it, just because I or another haven't seen a problem, that you have. Your experience is adding to the conversation and information. I love that these boards allow us to share information about the game. I'd hate to feel like I'd made anyone feel disrespected.
  9. Brightlyz Active Member

Dropped don't care anymore.
  10. Brightlyz Active Member

Veta says they are fine so they must be fine.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

No tank in current state will hold agro against burst damage - so we just leave with it. But most tanks can snap agro back
  12. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Well the current procs ie hammer/staff ferv and total reset plus clicked items that put people over 20k pot with this kinda broke agro tanks and strats in game but hey it is fun for dps.
  13. Brightlyz Active Member

Thats totally not true, I hold burst on Guardian without breaking a sweat and paladins dont have any problems either.
  14. Ashenheart Member

All I know is that if my necro sneezes too hard anything heroic and below dies in less than 6 secs. My inquis is fine on solo content. But on raids he is basically useless now. I miss the RoK days when the Inquis was the bomb.
  15. Cefur Member

ABILITIES
    Corrected an issue that prevented potency, crit bonus and fervor buff reduction from applying to many swarm pets.

Opening the door for the mass exitus of band wagon summoners ... Stay tuned for more on this matter.

"Giggity ..."
    Meneltel likes this.
  16. Vogie Active Member

Hehe I was wondering when someone was going to comment on the patch notes, I assume this is going to be a big hit?
  17. Kaarkula Active Member

that has to be a record for nerfs... what is that like 5 nerf patches?
  18. Veta Well-Known Member

I read this patch as the last nerf patch didn't go through properly. However, I believe this nerf was a bit overdone. According to act, my swarms are doing one-third of what they were doing before. They could have been nerfed by about 25% of their previous potential and other class could have been able to compete. A 66% dps nerf was as I said before, "a bit overdone." I only did undead horde, because I am sure it is safe to assume they were all nerfed equally from what I can see from the post-nerf.

Pre-nerf:
    http://imgur.com/Nbm2a3m

Post-nerf:
    http://imgur.com/4dBQldw

Notice the crit chance difference? The post-nerf is higher in all of the special crit sections, especially myth by a decent amount.

R.I.P. summoners 2016?
  19. kluxor Well-Known Member

/cheer

Definitely was needed, don't pretend like your swarm pets weren't horribly over powered.
  20. Terrius Well-Known Member

Anyone who has played the game for any reasonable period of time expects flavour of the month classes to be nerfed into mediocrity. There is no middle ground in the buff/nerf cycle, on the plus side, I won't have any reason to play more than a couple hours per week anymore!
    Meneltel likes this.