Uber Summoner DPS

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Vogie, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Vogie Active Member

I've been reading people complaining about Summoners being off the wall on dps, is it just Conjy's or are Necros going crazy too? I started tinkering with my Necro over the last week or so but I can't see these outrageous parses, they are still well below my Swash and Beastlord. I'm wondering if it's just Conjy's that have this uberness.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I think that was fixed a bit ago.
  3. kluxor Well-Known Member

thats a negative. not only do summoners wreck the parses to the tune of a few hundred million over very well geared T1's, necro's also cause so much lag it prevents anyone else from parsing too that has to hit more than one button
    Whiomaju and Avahlynn like this.
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Huh. I thought there was some fix a few weeks back that redid some of the damage calculation. My apologies.
  5. Ratitz Active Member

There was an adjustment to the amount of stats that swarm pets got from other members' of the group/raid (crit bonus,potency, amod, fervor) that reduced it, but since these buffs are a small percentage of the dps, it didnt really do much. necros are just as powerful as conj's are, and in some cases, better. Each class has their strengths
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

+1 on the lag issue, even in heroics. I might have wasted time / plat leveling one only to be stymied by the lag that's created by my presence. Plz fix DBG.
  7. Brightlyz Active Member

Im not disagreeing with you, but what situation is necro better?
  8. Exarthious Member

Warlocks with class cloak and or myth hammer cause more lag then any class
    DoomDrake likes this.
  9. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Long fights (especially with hammer), aoe fights, and damage change fights.
    Anunnaki likes this.
  10. Brightlyz Active Member

Why?
  11. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Pandemic is far better than conj greens. Necro's sr bc sr pandemic rotation is far better than conj's afk-no-swarm-pet rotation. Rot Flesh changes damage types.

Hammer resetting horde is cool.
    Kuulei likes this.
  12. Veta Well-Known Member

I slightly disagree. Necromancer's in their current state can burst as well as conjs, if not better. A lot of my 10-15sec parses that most see are without hammer resets. Hammer resets wouldn't really matter at that point anyways because I am not gaining the efficiency of the fast reset due to not recasting. Other than that, the rest I agree with.

The main rotation for a necromancer has always been better than conj's; however, conjs have always had stronger temp and primary pets. Now that undead horde resets, it is basically as good as reset communions (or better than non-reset communions), giving necromancers better potential.
  13. Kioske Well-Known Member

Pretty sure no warlock with the hammer even has Curse of Darkness on their hotbar.
  14. Rondo9 Active Member

Communion is so broken its not funny.
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

Whats realy broken is Ethernal Expertiese with swarm pets (does not use any CC, Pot or CB) , but nobody cares ;)

aqueous swarm's Frozen Waters hits training dummy for a critical of 17402396 cold damage.
    essence of expertise's aqueous swarm hits training dummy for 2731 cold damage.

What's broken with communion?
  16. Brightlyz Active Member

It isnt broken, but it does do alot of damage.
  17. Aukoor New Member

Yes, summoner DPS would currently be characterized as Tier 0. The devs overcompensated by painting with broad strokes rather than testing incremental changes. The summoner pet changes have been negligible at best. There's really no accounting for skill anymore. All a summoner needs is decent gear (which is easy to get), preferably the class cloak but DPS will still be off the charts w/o it and click 3 buttons and boom! If you currently play any class other than a summoner, the return on investment, skill and gear has plummeted. Would be nice if groups and raids would return to the fun and competitiveness that people have been hoping for. Restricted Beta testing hasn't helped with this on-going problem either. The more inclusive the development would amount to greater and more meaningful changes for all classes. Right now Sorcerers and Predators need a pretty big boost. Will it come with GU 101?

In all my years of playing this game I've never requested a direct GM or Developer response to game concerns. In this case I'd welcome and hope for a brief response from Gninja, Kander or anyone from the development staff. Thank you.
    Gigv likes this.
  18. Occam Well-Known Member

There has never been true class balance in the game. I've played since EQ2 was in beta, and there have always been classes which are overpowered, and classes which are underpowered, and it changes from expansion to expansion. In fact, for all we know GU101 will tip the balance one way or another.

The single saddest class in the game is Inquisitors, and it has been for a long time. If anyone needs some dev love, it's them. :(
    Xerikton, Laiina and Brightlyz like this.
  19. Brightlyz Active Member

Yeah Inquiz is really bad atm, also SK's are terrible aswell.
  20. Veta Well-Known Member

Whats wrong with Shadowknights? I've played mine on multiple fights, tanking in raids, without issue.
    Avahlynn likes this.