Wave 3 of Ethereals starting now?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Nero, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Nero Active Member

per EQ2 Twitter account:

"EverQuest II@everquestii 19h
    19 hours ago
    The final set of summer Ethereals is now available so earn them while you can! Learn more:"

I dont remember the exact date wave 2 started, but i think most people were anticipating that it would run though the 15th of the month or so... Can anyone confirm that this is live and that wave 3 jewelry is dropping?

Any new items added to the vendor (similar to how the charm was added in wave 2)?
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Just get the quest and check the rewards.
    Xerikton likes this.
  3. Nero Active Member

Is it honestly that hard to just give someone a simple answer?

I was asking because I, myself, (like many others) am at work for the next 10 hours of so, and obviously don't have access to the game. Yes I could wait, but curiosity has gotten the best of me.

So can someone please answer the original question?
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

On Thurgadin quest is still rewarding Charm/Bracelet. Whether than means it is intended to be that way, or Thurgadin has just been missed is up to you to interpret.
  5. kluxor Well-Known Member

When you click the link it takes you to a post with okd dates in june so its very unclear what's going on
  6. Estal Well-Known Member

My theory:
    It will happen tomorrow when it is patch tuesday and the twitter acc just misfired.
  7. Fozziex Active Member

Will they ever learn to add stuff in when new weekly starts?
  8. Nero Active Member

*groan* why am i not surprised? Ok well.... maybe later today then... or whenever..

Either way, wave 2 seemed short.... :(
  9. ugloopni Active Member

June 7, July 15, Aug 7? How many days in 30 days? :confused:
  10. Caith Developer

That is a good way to put it. The second wave still has a few weeks in it, wave 2 ends and wave 3 begins later this month.
  11. Nero Active Member

Thanks for the clarification Caith!

Case closed :p
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

EQ2's twitter account experienced Premature reitemization.
    Zeddicious, frail_mm, Lucus and 5 others like this.
  13. Lucus Well-Known Member

given that wave 2 started on the 15th july it would be a reasonable assumption that it will end at or after the 15th of august.
  14. Ruckus Well-Known Member

So....Wave 3...when is it happening?
    Montag likes this.
  15. Estal Well-Known Member

Wave three has begun with the switch over to Ash / MC today, Eq2 twitter account decided to stay silent on the issue:rolleyes:
  16. Rainmare Well-Known Member

it started and the new item is.....a cloak. with a useless clicky effect. it's not better then a class cloak, and the effect while nice, is ruined by the fact it dazes you.

15% elemental/arcane/noxious dmg reduction for a minute is great. 20 fervor for a minute is great. 7 min reuse s meh but understandable. but a minute of being dazed? (ie no wand/auto attacks) sorry that means I'd never use it. not even to switch in, click, and switch back out.

no melee dps or tank can afford a minute of being dazed. and most mages I know wouldn't do it either becuase of wand damage. if this effect didn't have daze attached to it, the cloak STILL isn't worth wearing over the class cloak, but it would be worth a switch in/click/switch out reason to have.
    Ykysh likes this.
  17. Entropy Well-Known Member

Daze isn't bad because of the loss of autoattack DPS. That amount is like 2% of your parse when you have good gear.

Daze is TERRIBLE because the autoattack strikes themselves are a major generator of procs, including the ethereals that matter so much. The amount of fervor would have to be like 30+ to merit losing the procs.
    Scalo, Lucus and Feldon like this.
  18. Estal Well-Known Member

My thoughts when I saw it:
    Damage reduction and fervor clicky on a cloak? Nice for those tank classes that got completely shafted on class cloaks (hello Paladins), oh wait, it comes with daze? That just reduces it to a coin trade in item.
    Lucus, Meneltel and Feldon like this.
  19. Kari Well-Known Member

I was actually relieved that it was so bad, because there is no way I would give up my class cloak. At least now I don't have to feel like I am missing out.
  20. Lucus Well-Known Member

It's terrible, rare merch cloaks have higher flurry, more resolve, no doublecast version, the potency may be higher but the clicky effect is garbage as long as it dazes the user even if it has a reasonable duration making the reuse time not as bad