Krono Cost on the Rise

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, May 19, 2015.

1. Drunder Prisoner 42 New Member

Never had a blem on my record and yes I was totally guilty of taken a
    toon after we grouped that night to see what you got in a load. Can't remember but I want to say it was about 5k. I even told
    them that and said zero me out its fine. I watch as guilds had there flags there and were porting back and forth. Trip after trip. I remember some of the names and when I started to free play I saw them in ooc. Can't say anything because you can't chat in free play. Had a friend look and lots of Kronos by the same guys and mercs for sale.
    Just happen to be on the night they pulled the merchant so I was fresh on the list I guess. The bad part was very little communication on there part. No emails, calls (yes I gave them my number) and even created this account because they didn't respond to my main account. When the do respond they sent an email that said click and respond here only to have the email
    Sent back saying "we don't respond to email please start or edit another service ticket" Oh well, hack on I guess. Wait not like computer hack. Oh know. Do the send free accounts to Drunder too!
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Price today on AB was 40k for a Krono.. If you can afford the platin, it's allredy intresting to buy them ;)

It's alway the question for the right price.. A few weeks ago it was nice to spend USD for a new Krono to get 200k Platin.. Actual I would not do this to get only 40k.. I'm not sure Daybreak is really intrested in too low Platin prices für Kronos
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

When they reach 10k, ill buy one. Not until then. I don't do dailies and I don't do heroic pug groups (I don't tank for strangers) so I make my money slowly. My choice, I make enough for my purposes and I pay for EQ2 with money. Krono now and then would be nice. You can do that in WoW... too much like a job to keep account active. That's not fun, that's work. My job is taking care of my cousin who lost a leg due to illness and is partially crippled for that and other health reasons.

So I play for fun, not a job. So when Kronos are low enough, ill buy one. If I never get to buy one, I wont cry. Sold a rare piece of gear on EQ TLE for 2 kronos and some money. Was great when I needed it.
  4. Anunnaki Active Member

The bubble hath popped. Krono in complete free-fall.
  5. wazul Active Member

like all bubble.
    and ?
    when krono reach this point or before, all krono consumed or sell..
    and when krono will be out of stock, price climb again....

poors buy at bad time and sell at bad time.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Some people actually buy krono to use, not arbitrage...
    I've been checking the prices periodically to see if they're what I consider affordable enough to buy for a friend who can't afford a sub right now, but since I don't bot, box, sell loot rights or spend a large amount of time plat farming, the prices are still far beyond what I'm willing to spend. 'Just playing' earns me far more plat then I spend on playing the game, but far, far less then the cost of a krono.
    Spindle and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  7. wazul Active Member

yes and consume a krono is the best way for create rarety ) at this time 120 krono in broker. to much krono, price fall
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

250k+ on AB now. Was 17k 11 months ago and I thought they were expensive then!

They are doubling in price every few months. I don't know if it's just less being supplied, or people just buying and reselling, but it's insane. I can't imagine many can afford this much regularly, even with the wack economy.
    Meneltel and Mermut like this.
  9. Estal Well-Known Member

Come to Thurgadin, they are an absolute bargain here at just 247k:p

I've given up, can't be bothered any more, back to annual money sub for me.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Id take a guess and say people are probably buying on live to sell on RTT and buy shinies with.
  11. Meneltel Well-Known Member

On limited income and due to increased college expenses (traveling to do Work based learning class[Internship, so to speak]), can not afford to pay for EQ/EQ2 at this time. A guildie sold me a krono at discount (half the price at the time) but at these prices, he cant farm keys fast enough to keep paying for himself long, let alone sell me a krono at reduced rate. Oh well. Guess ill be back to Silver level eventually. But ill keep playing until we can pay again.
    Livejazz likes this.
  12. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Excuse me, sir. Please forgo the application of logic to explain the current prices.

I encourage you to partake in the following:

[IMG]
    *no real horses were harmed in the creation of this animation.
    Castegyre likes this.
  13. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I've heard that if you pull out your credit card & buy them directly from DBG, the price has only gone up a little bit, if at all.

But beating up dead horsies is so much more entertaining than thinking a bit, amirite?
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

What's bad in getting a full deity infused set for less than 4 Kronos :)
  15. Estal Well-Known Member

Yes RTT certainly drove the price up, but lets face it, at some point you have to consider what your time farming plat is worth:

1.5 mil plat a month
    vs
    $59.94 a month
  16. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Or go F2P if on limited income and everyone loses out.
  17. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Please elaborate on that.

How does everyone lose out, if your personal circumstances result in you being unable to afford to pay for a subscription, and you do not have the time and/or capability to earn enough plat to maintain a subscription with Kronos? Is your account going to FTP status supposed to be some kind of detriment to EQ2 as a whole, that I am unaware of?

In situations like this, I believe people should be extremely grateful that EQ2 has an exceedingly generous FTP model. You can't afford a sub, you can't afford Krono, but you still get to play the game, hang out with your friends, and the disadvantages are minimal. How is that not a huge win that is good for everyone?
  18. Jumjumbandito Active Member

You, sir, have won the forums. Congratulations!
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Yes, get to hang out in one zone while they are doing heroics or raids in Zek zones and I get to see the links of all the nice loot that drops that I cant get. Which means I can do all the farming in prime guild time that I do in all of my off guild time. Oh the joy of seeing HHK Contested even MORE hours! And they are missing one of their dps toons. Which means killing takes longer. Oh the joy for the them. The encounters are sooo much fun that they would love for them to last longer.

So, I guess I could powerlevel people and get paid for that. "Powerlevel to 100! Cost 1 Krono!" Sound like a deal? Glad you think so. Because with Krono running roughly 250k plat each, I would have to charge a lot of plat to buy a krono. Yes, I could farm for valuable items to sell on broker, but that's a job and I have one. Taking care of a sick family member full time.

You know what? I think I'll just finish this and put you back on ignore and I wont have to read your posts ever again. So just disregard this, sir.
  20. Xakrein Well-Known Member

You're in a situation where RL priorities and commitments prevent you from being able to afford a sub, or earn enough plat to buy Krono, and you admit you can still do all the off guild time farming you used to do. The only thing you miss out on is Fabled Zek? Sounds like a pretty good deal, you should be grateful.

For the extent of only Fabled Zek, a group does not have to suffer an empty slot, because you happen to be in a situation where EQ2 is low on your priority list. Filling DPS slots has always been easy.

If your "job" is taking full time care of a sick family member, along with being on a limited income while engaging in college activities [link], those things should be your priority and focus. Getting emotional over access to the Zek zone in EQ2, when you're not even paying to play the game, is misguided. You should be grateful for everything you can still do, and be content to wait and see if the RTT rush subsides and Krono prices come back down.

Declaring you are putting someone on ignore, in a reply to the said person, is poor form. I hope that some day, you come to realize that Krono are not entitlements, and acknowledge that EQ2 has a very generous FTP model. Good luck to you.
    Entropy and Castegyre like this.